Fighting Games

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Re: Fighting Games

Post by Poonoo » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:46 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:32 am
There's a reason most capeshit vidya are garbage. They rush them all out to coincide with shitty movies.
They hardly even get made anymore. The only good thing about games going Hollywood with their stupidly big budgets is that it ended the movie tie in games that were rampant in the PS1/PS2 era. No point rushing out some shit game in time for the movie if it costs almost the same amount of money to make and will be so shit that no one will buy it.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

Post by Guest » Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:02 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:23 am
Too bad the licenses are held with today's comic book companies. They rather have some shovelware dev make some crap instead. Just like they get some shovelware director to make movies and shovelware writers to make the comics.
Sometimes you could think that talent is dead.
Sometimes the shitty comic company is owned by a shitty video game company, like Valiant and 2000 AD.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:08 pm

Poonoo wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:46 pm
rabidtictac wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:32 am
There's a reason most capeshit vidya are garbage. They rush them all out to coincide with shitty movies.
They hardly even get made anymore. The only good thing about games going Hollywood with their stupidly big budgets is that it ended the movie tie in games that were rampant in the PS1/PS2 era. No point rushing out some shit game in time for the movie if it costs almost the same amount of money to make and will be so shit that no one will buy it.
They were still making them last console generation, with shit like Iron Man for the ps3. And they made Amazing Piderman 1 and 2 for xbox 360 and ps3. But yeah, we have seen fewer, even as the assembly line has gone into overdrive for hollywood capeshit movies.

Oh and the news that spiderman is now going to be part of >MUH MCU just solidifies in my mind the death of another capeshit series.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

ban

Post by ban » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:00 pm

They now have to be as big as the movie's themselves or they won't sell according to morons in the industry. It's why they gave Crystal Dynamics the Hambengers license, told SE to pump as much money in the project and go balls to the walls with it with a...4 year development cycle I think? Or 5?

It's generally a mixed bag though, having to do with who holds the licenses and what studio is under them because in WB's case, they also had a Justice League and Flash game as the Arkham series was going on with different, third party devs and they got cancelled.
Assiman wrote:You know who else is never wrong? Ban.
poonoo wrote:You just got ban'd!
He warned youShow

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:02 pm

Honestly soul calibur/blade is probably what "got me into fighting games" since I played the most of them when I was younger.

It will be nice to have some proper online with the newer ones now.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

DarkMenstrual

Post by DarkMenstrual » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:01 pm

Tekken 7 is pretty great. Street Fighter V sucks. There needs to be a Bushido Blade remake.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:25 pm

DarkMenstrual wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:01 pm
Tekken 7 is pretty great. Street Fighter V sucks. There needs to be a Bushido Blade remake.
Quoted for truth. I hope the new SamSho turns out fine.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:21 pm

I remember playing bushido blade for hours with friends, 1 player is questionable.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:29 pm

mad bum wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:21 pm
I remember playing bushido blade for hours with friends, 1 player is questionable.
The whole system where you can die in one hit makes it a terrible single player game. But it's super fun competitively. Just imagine the insane salt it would generate online.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:30 pm

It's like that Ultimate Warrior game, except not shit.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:25 pm
Quoted for truth. I hope the new SamSho turns out fine.
Depends on whether or not Cham Cham will be in the roster.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette