Telltale "Games"

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
cernex

Re: Telltale "Games"

Post by cernex » Thu May 11, 2017 12:44 am

I remember trying to like Spartacus really badly but could never properly get into it. It looked nice, tashy, and cheesy, don't get me wrong, I just... dunno, maybe I forced it into my schendule too much and I was too tired to properly appreciate it.

Will try again eventually, tho'. At the very least, the first season.

Also, yeah, shame about the OG actor. He was just starting to get famous and BAM, ded.
Follow me on Twitter
My Amazon Author page, for if you want to check my fiction and stuff.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu May 11, 2017 1:27 am

It was ultra violence, sex, intrigues and politics plus being set in the Roman empire. It was low-brow but didn't have more ambition than that. To me, it's really like an exploitation movie as a TV serial. One of the awesome ones instead of the cringy ones.
Real fucking shit about the actor. He was actually good in the part and came off as a good lad. He did a video with Freddy Wong when he was a big deal on YT after Spartacus season one when he was recovering and looking to maybe get back into it again.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Thu May 11, 2017 2:50 am

Poonoo, Walking Dead, it's a serial. Like "days of our lives" or some shit. The author even says outright that he wanted something he could make in black and white so it would cost less to produce. He wanted something to make cheap and sell a bunch of.

My library had a shitload of these books, and that plus the internet got me through something like 20 of these fucking volumes. Spoiler: It never fucking stops being the same shit over and over.

TWD is extremely overhyped. Most people will say the comics are the best way to experience the universe, and IMO the comics aren't that great. Want a good recommendation for a comic to read instead? Try East of West.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Thu May 11, 2017 3:19 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Thu May 11, 2017 2:50 am
Poonoo, Walking Dead, it's a serial. Like "days of our lives" or some shit. The author even says outright that he wanted something he could make in black and white so it would cost less to produce. He wanted something to make cheap and sell a bunch of.

My library had a shitload of these books, and that plus the internet got me through something like 20 of these fucking volumes. Spoiler: It never fucking stops being the same shit over and over.

TWD is extremely overhyped. Most people will say the comics are the best way to experience the universe, and IMO the comics aren't that great. Want a good recommendation for a comic to read instead? Try East of West.
The version I got digitally from that bundle was some mega 1000 page version. I only got through just over 200 pages before it started to piss me off too much with the same shit over and over again. That was the equivalent of what, 2 volumes? How the fuck did you plough through 20?

Though I will say, this seems to be a pattern for modern Image comics. There is a lot of good stuff out there, but there is a lot of over hyped shit amongst there line up. None of it is truly terrible or anything but even the best stuff is 4/5 stars, almost nothing truly becomes a classic like stuff from old Vertigo like Transmetropolitan or Preacher but it's hyped out to be.

Though a great one from Image lately is Southern Bastards. Read the second volume recently and it was legitimately great.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu May 11, 2017 3:29 am

So the series starts with a little zombie girl getting shot in the head. You think "Oh shit, they are not fucking around!" and the production quality is rather good for a TV show.
That's immediately followed by the rest of the season fucking around. Why do people stick with that? Have I unknowingly been passed out for the last decade and there's a starvation for zombie stuff?
And they don't call them zombies. Fuck off!
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Thu May 11, 2017 4:30 am

I prefer playing some of Telltale "games" than shit like Abzû that can be completed in two hours
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Thu May 11, 2017 5:22 am

Man, DHI has great taste. I think I mentioned Southern Bastards on 2.0, but it is amazingly good. I think volume 1 is my favorite, but it's all good. It's one of those stories you can tell is written by an urban liberal, but from a southern background and carrying a deep love for the south. Southern Bastards doesn't gloss over anything. Everything that's great and everything that's awful about white trash culture is in there. You almost want to root for Coach after volume 2.

I don't know how I got through all those volumes of Walking Dead. I think I fooled myself (in conjunction with all the positive press) into thinking it must be somewhat good. I kept reading "to see what would happen next" and surprise surprise, there was always a "next." There would never not be a "next." It's one of those stories that feels like you could check in 80 years from now and a legacy team of writers would still be putting out new issues.

Like I said though, Poonoo, if you want something that feels as "good" as Transmetropolitan, East of West really is amazing. It's a science fiction dystopic western, but with the emphasis on "western." It reminds me a bit of the manwha Priest.

I'd post something more interesting, but the story isn't one you should have spoiled. I went in expecting only overhyped shit (I had just read Y The Last Man and that Saga shit), but was pleasantly surprised. The writing is probably the best thing about it.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Thu May 11, 2017 6:44 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Thu May 11, 2017 5:22 am
I don't know how I got through all those volumes of Walking Dead. I think I fooled myself (in conjunction with all the positive press) into thinking it must be somewhat good. I kept reading "to see what would happen next" and surprise surprise, there was always a "next." There would never not be a "next." It's one of those stories that feels like you could check in 80 years from now and a legacy team of writers would still be putting out new issues.
I went through the same shit with the Attack on Titan manga. It does the exact same bullshit by answering your questions with more questions, to eventually revealing some convoluted animu bullshit. I noticed that a lot of people who hated it had read the manga, since they know it's going absolutely fucking no where. I read up to 17 I think, and Season 1 of the show got up to 8. With Season 2 starting, I have a vague idea of where they will end and there will STILL be a ton of questions about what the hell is going on after how many years?

I predict there will be a backlash against Attack on Titan from long time fans when they watch. Apparently the creator said the story will end at volume 20. Guess what:

https://www.amazon.com/Attack-Titan-21- ... 1632363275

Apparently in that issue they finally go to the fucking basement. They were talking about that shit when I stopped reading, they dragged that shit out for 4/5 volumes. Fuck off, the Jews don't fear the samurai, the Jews ARE the Samurai.

As for East of West, I guess I need to get back into it. When I read the first two volumes I felt like the scope of the story was so damn big that it was hard to follow. It's about 7 different fucking countries (I think) with a million characters in there to follow with all this lore, but I'll give it a shot again.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Thu May 11, 2017 1:42 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Wed May 10, 2017 3:27 pm
I am so fucking sick of The Walking Dead. It's never been any good, already falling way short of expectations and delivered a dose of wasted potential in it's first season so strong I marvel at how people kept watching that shit.

Fuck The Walking Dead and everything related to it!
I have not watched the show and I don't intend to, it doesn't look appealing. The first game is great, that's all I'm saying.
rabidtictac wrote:
Wed May 10, 2017 7:01 pm
Even the comic is not that good. It's just a soap opera for guys.
You have a point, there is an annoying cycle after every "arch", which goes like this "our group of heroes get into some place that's working fine, and right when they do that, things go wrong for the purpose of drama, new evil group shows up, people die on both sides, Carl gets even more traumatized, "good guys win", then they move forward to ruin another settlement etc. that was doing fine before they came.

I still like it, because it has some great moments and some of the characters (like Negan) are interesting. It's flawed, but entertaining.

Blessed are the shitposters, for they will be called children of the Sperg.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu May 11, 2017 4:01 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Thu May 11, 2017 3:29 am
And they don't call them zombies. Fuck off!
Isn't that like some kind of tradition / running gag / shit stolen from older movies because originality is hard? Just about every zombie movie I've watched aside from parodies seems to be set in a world where zombie movies apparently never existed. They seem to be afraid of having someone say "zombie", for this would imply that zombie movies do exist, raising the question why nobody is genre-savvy.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette