Spoony the Pussy One: Life is in the Render Queue

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
AngrySpoonySnob

Re: Spoony... nothing else to say really

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:07 pm

Ive got a question for you now, if scientists know the exact age of the planet and everything else they claim to know. How come we have a calendar that is off? Or how come there are still multiple calendars in use currently?
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

Post by Guest » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:19 pm

This board sucks.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:25 pm

AngrySpoonySnob wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:07 pm
Ive got a question for you now, if scientists know the exact age of the planet and everything else they claim to know. How come we have a calendar that is off? Or how come there are still multiple calendars in use currently?
Because that deals with exactly what I was talking about with morality: thinking beings relating to one another. Culture, tradition, history etc. These are the reasons we don't have a purely mathematic society. Hell, why do us burgers use imperial measurements and have daylight savings time? GOTCHA, SCIENTISTS :lol:

I don't even know what you're asking. The age of the planet isn't known because of calendars? You're talking about 2 different groups of people. I don't think calendars are a science at this point. August is named for Caesar Augustus. Scientists just do science, they don't run the world bro. Chinese people have a calender, western people have a calender etc. Shit's cultural.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:26 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:25 pm
AngrySpoonySnob wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:07 pm
Because that deals with exactly what I was talking about with morality: thinking beings relating to one another. Culture, tradition, history etc. These are the reasons we don't have a purely mathematic society. Hell, why do us burgers use imperial measurements and have daylight savings time? GOTCHA, SCIENTISTS :lol:

I don't even know what you're asking. The age of the planet isn't known because of calendars? You're talking about 2 different groups of people. I don't think calendars are a science at this point. August is named for Caesar Augustus. Scientists just do science, they don't run the world bro.
you think our leaders just pick a calendar and time based on random mumbo jumbo and not their holy science? hmmm strange.
So do you rate a eastern scientist different than western scientist too? Or do all icky people not count anyway to you?
Last edited by AngrySpoonySnob on Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:27 pm

I think the calendar is based more on history and culture than current scientific knowledge, if that's what you mean bro. It's easier to remember how to measure time if you're using measurements that have been in use a very long time.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:30 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:27 pm
I think the calendar is based more on history and culture than current scientific knowledge, if that's what you mean bro. It's easier to remember how to measure time if you're using measurements that have been in use a very long time.
Then youd be wrong. Theyre based on the movement of the sun, moon or stars. Scientist doing astrology yeah hahah see how you cant even disconnect science from what you'd call mysticism or whatever.
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

Post by Guest » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:40 pm

On the 8th day, God masturbated and created milk!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:28 pm

Planetary movement might be objective, but how you translate that into a calendar system is subjective to the culture. Maybe you have a weird numbering system. Maybe you pay more attention to the moon than any other stellar body. Maybe you want your calendar to be extra useful to farmers. Who knows.
rabidtictac wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:00 pm
So the giant feathered chicken lizards were actually angels?
That wouldn't actually be the weirdest-looking angel.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

GuestWrong

Post by GuestWrong » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:33 pm

What the living fuck. How did this thread go from Sploogy to the history of calendars in the Western world? Is it finally over? Have we discovered everything there is to know about the Sploo?

Chippah

Post by Chippah » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:36 pm

GuestWrong wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:33 pm
What the living fuck. How did this thread go from Sploogy to the history of calendars in the Western world? Is it finally over? Have we discovered everything there is to know about the Sploo?
It's over, Johnny. Time to delete the thread until Spoony finally dies.