Beers and Meads

Shitpost central. Also known as the Ratfuck and Mucha containment board.
Tony Schiavone

Re: Beers and Meads

Post by Tony Schiavone » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:05 am

Crazy thing is the local places have the reverse of what I thought they'd more easily have in stock. Only Dansk Mjid here is Viking Blud, but it looks good to me.

How is Aecht Schlenkerla or St. Bernardus? Seeing good value ratings on both for the price.
...and still: Spoony did nothing.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:21 am

Aecht Schlenkerla, if we're talking about their Rauchbier, is absolutely worth a shot. I guarantee you that you've never had a beer like that before. Well smoked ham, but in your beer glass and actually really nice. Their other beer is fine as well but the Rauchbier is their unique and stand out product.

I know nothing about St. Bernardus. That's Belgian stuff and I ain't fucking wit dat gay shit.
I'm kidding. Belgian beer is usually really good but has fuck off pricing in Germany as they focus much more on the burger market and for a lack of importers to Germany as "foreign beer" is a really hard sell in the Bier Reich.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Tony Schiavone

Post by Tony Schiavone » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:40 am

My favorite one now is Hacker-Pschorr's Munich Gold. Not too light like Weihenstephaner where it goes down like water and you finish it before it's over.
But light enough I can have it pretty much anytime--like before bed--and it won't feel heavy at all.
Good price and good value.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:36 pm

Tony Schiavone wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:40 am
My favorite one now is Hacker-Pschorr's Munich Gold. Not too light like Weihenstephaner where it goes down like water and you finish it before it's over.
But light enough I can have it pretty much anytime--like before bed--and it won't feel heavy at all.
Good price and good value.
I was standing before that one today in my favourite drinks store. I ended up picking up Hacker Pschorr Kellerbier instead because you got a really awesome Tonkrug with it. I'm a sucker for having fitting glasses and mugs.

It's a golden brown colour and unfiltered. It's surprisingly refreshing with fine notes of malt without being heavy at all. The hops balance it quite nicely, just short of going into a hoppy bitterness. A very easy drink without being boring.
It's a lot like a Bock if it had normal alcohol volume. I like it. Won't be the last time I've had it and I'm glad I've got 19 more right now.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Tony Schiavone

Post by Tony Schiavone » Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:59 pm

Nobody told me about how fucking good real ale is.
Not that India Pale piss. That and DnD somehow convinced me it was cheap swill, until recently.

Finally had a bottle of imported stuff and even warm it was absolutely delicious. Cant remember the damn name of it though. Any recommends?
Last edited by Tony Schiavone on Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:40 pm

Inb4 the Europeans scum up the board with there good ale.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:09 am

Ale isn't really prevalent in Germany so I can't really recommend you one outside of the two red ales I know. Spitfire and Tuborg Red. The former is English, the latter is Danish. Both are good.
Indian Pale Ale is a ruse. It's "beer" specifically brewed to make it survive the tropical bullshit weather in India. It's not beer. You wouldn't claim champaign to be wine either, just because they are made from the same produce and in some steps similarly, right? Only a complete idiot could believe IPA to be beer. It's sour, disgusting garbage sold to impressionable hipsters in burgerland because they never had actual beer before.

Spergy Cat, why don't you enlighten us about good burger beer? I'm sure there are at least some breweries that manage to make some, especially in your area that should have a fair amount of German heritage, sharing a border with Pennsylvania.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:07 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:09 am
Spergy Cat, why don't you enlighten us about good burger beer? I'm sure there are at least some breweries that manage to make some, especially in your area that should have a fair amount of German heritage, sharing a border with Pennsylvania.
The only "good" stuff we got was this trash about 8 years ago, people were so excited to finally get it around here.

I don't drink beer so I'm just scumming it up. :lol:
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:46 am

There's very little good american beer. Micros are overpriced and mediocre at best. The macro stuff is some of the worst-tasting corn-scraping piss you've ever had.

I can think of a couple of individual burgerland beers that are ok and one mid-size brand that's usually alright despite trending towards the watery side. That's Sierra Nevada. They're known for their IPA garbage but I don't drink IPA. They also make a lot of seasonal stuff including hefes, stouts and porters.

The best beers I've had were all, unilaterally, from Europe. Usually Bavarian or Polish. Black Boss Porter is a relatively common beer here but it comes from Poland and is just bottled here or something. I've had some ok Russian beers too. Again, stouts and porters. That's what I prefer: stouts, porters and hefes.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:27 am

I'll agree that I was offered a import beer before and it tasted nothing like beer, it was pretty great. Burger beer is just made cheap so the drunks can get drunk, busch beer being a popular favorite around here.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]