Andrew Dobson

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Andrew Dobson

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:04 pm

The problem some of these guys like the Subnormality creator is that they just doesn't seem to get is that comics really don't work if you use long sentences.

It's not the audience's fault, not everybody has the attention span of DSP, but you are breaking a format that wants you to focus on still shots of something happening, but when you add narrative that just doesn't fit the pacing, it becomes increasingly annoying for people to keep both the visuals and narrative in mind. What also doesn't help is having a long text split into gigantic bubbles.

Bottom line, if you feel like you have what it takes, write short stories you fucks. Don't try to make shitty comic panels that are impossible to read because you don't understand what works.

Blessed are the shitposters, for they will be called children of the Sperg.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:20 pm

I think the concept of light novels was basically invented for that guy.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:36 am

Some Sick Fuck wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:04 pm
It's not the audience's fault, not everybody has the attention span of DSP, but you are breaking a format that wants you to focus on still shots of something happening, but when you add narrative that just doesn't fit the pacing, it becomes increasingly annoying for people to keep both the visuals and narrative in mind. What also doesn't help is having a long text split into gigantic bubbles.
Quality analysis. It's like watching a movie with subtitles. If you'd suddenly have four times the text to read in the same time for some reason, you'd have to either skip reading or pause the movie. Neither makes for a good experience.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:23 am

Well Dobson Fans are degenerates too, making lewd art of Dobson fursona is degenerate as fuck

OldManBones

Post by OldManBones » Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:05 am

Dobson getting kicked off of twitter for telling Trump to go kill himself will probably be the highlight to his sad life.

https://hypocricyofandrewdobson.tumblr. ... s-facebook

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:07 am

Nice. Trump managed to fuck over Furry Inflation Movieblob without doing anything. I'll never regret my Trump vote. Here's to a second term.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

rpgworm

Post by rpgworm » Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:33 am

Dobson... Dobson is just sad...

I dunno about you guys, but I like when my cows at least have something going for them. I despise Moviebob, but I can see the guy does have some degree of respect and support to him, and he is seen by some groups as a respectable person (kinda, but you know what I mean)

Fuck, even freaking DSP manages to get a girlfriend and round up some paypigs...

My point is, that Dobson is so pathetic that it is even pointless to point and laugh, seriously, from the moment I've learned about this guy, I never seen him take a single win on his life.

He can't make a living doing his cartoons, have to work on crappy jobs, can't get a girlfriend, gets shat on by John Flynt and has to beg for forgiveness, this guys just a big punching bag. And worst of all, he doesn't even have anyone to defend him, no one likes this dude, he doesn't have any fanbase whatsoever... only 15 people donate to his patreon, and half of them must be family or something....

And yet, I can't muster a single iota of sympathy... I don't think Dobson is a bad person, and even this whole SJW and "die Trump" crap that got him banned is just him trying to fit in with the people he wants to mingle. I don't think he really cares about politics or anything like that, but at the same time, he is just that much of a loser that is not even worth of pity or hate.

Just Some Random Guy

Post by Just Some Random Guy » Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:12 am

Some Sick Fuck wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:29 pm
This is something that plagues most of online webcomics - best example, fucking Order of the Stick.
Order of the Stick can have too much talking sometimes, but it's usually pretty good about breaking it up so it's not just one big wall of text, which is what Dobson is correctly pointing out is bad. It's not anywhere close to the level of something like Subnormality which will just throw giant walls of text at you.

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:01 am

Fuck that, I completely disagree. They talk way too much all the time, there hasn't been a page without them babbling about nonsense for years. The guy that makes it could cut the dialogue to half without any issues and nothing would be lost. My issue isn't just that there is too much text for the comics format, but that they often don't have much to say to begin with.

Compare how OOTS started to where it is now. I'm not saying that it's pure trash, but the guy is clearly no longer self aware of what made his comics interesting and entertaining to begin with. Frankly, I don't know any comics creator who wouldn't drive their creation into either shit or mediocrity over time.

The only exception that comes to mind is the guy that made Calvin and Hobbes, he knew when to quit and for that, stands tall above everyone else.

Also comparing anything to Subnormality is pointless, because even Sonichu wins against that nonsense.

Blessed are the shitposters, for they will be called children of the Sperg.

Post by Guest » Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:46 am

Andrew Dobson is a disgusting, hate filled person. There is nothing redeemable about him. He will die as he as lived, alone and hated.