DSP Thread: Bugged Forum mechanics

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: DSP Thread: Bugged Forum mechanics

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:42 pm

DSP truly is a master of PR and general businessing. I'm half-expecting him to drop a "You have already been replaced"-tier truth bomb.
rabidtictac wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:10 pm
Phil truly is anime. He's the real-life Gekko Moriah. Fat, lazy, prefers everyone else to do shit for him, has grown weak and less important over time, and spent years without leaving his place of residence with the bare minimum human contact.
Pretty great foxdickfarms comment tbh.
Not 100% accurate. Gekko has an actual talent and an utterly loyal "fanbase".
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:16 pm

If you believe a huge spergepost from cuck of pol, individual fundraisers are actually illegal under US law.

https://foxdickfarms.net/threads/darksydep ... /page-2539

You can just read his sperge directly from the farms.

He quotes a few sources, saying such things as this:
Most states regulate fundraising to protect the public, corporations and any potential donors from fraudulent solicitation. Many charitable organizations must register with the state, and individual fundraising professionals must hold a license before they may fundraise. Although the law differs from state to state, it is important to understand the requirements before you or your charity begin fundraising.

Registration of Charitable Organizations
In many states, charitable organizations must obtain a license before soliciting any donations. Charities can apply for a license by providing the state with details about the organization, such as its purpose, operating budget and the names of its directors and officers. Depending on the laws of the particular state, there may be exemptions for charities under a certain budget, churches, schools or other specific types of organizations. States generally impose a fee for registration.
CuckofPol said: Do you need to pay federal taxes to the IRS specifically for fundraising? YES YOU DO

*links a thing*
CuckofPol said: Popquiz time! Can DSP run a fundraising event for himself in the State of Washington without getting approval of the State to begin with? NO HE FUCKING CANT

*links explanation*
Before fundraising activities commence in Washington State, a charitable organization that contracts with a commercial fundraiser for the purpose of soliciting or receiving contributions in this state must complete and submit a signed Fundraising Service Contract Registration Form, a copy of the written agreement and a $20 filing fee to the Charities Program.
CuckofPol said: Question two. Does this mean DSP is in essence breaking the law in Washington by not going through the proper channels Locally and Federally and is an illegal Fundraiser Organization? YES HE IS

*more quotes*
His sources:

https://www.sos.wa.gov/charities/commer ... isers.aspx
https://www.sos.wa.gov/charities/consumer_faq.aspx#8
http://info.legalzoom.com/need-license- ... 26069.html

I wanted to relay this because, although spergeofpol is a huge sperge, it's possible he's grasped something here. This sounds very serious. Obviously the state government does regulate charity. Non-profits are required to produce their tax information publicly and be transparent about their use of funds. Form 990s are available on websites like guidestar. A lot of information is public.

DSP obviously isn't a nonprofit, or at least not a 501c3 incorporated official nonprofit. Now, donations to streamers must count as private self-employed income or something. I get the impression the law hasn't caught up to the internet in this regard, but let's just assume it's all taxes as private income.

DSP is running a for-profit business, not a nonprofit. His donations aka tips, bits, patreon and adbucks all count as his self-employed income for his (only just this year) registered for-profit online "business."

If I'm understanding this information correctly, it may be against the law for DSP to have private "fundraisers" to give himself more money without first registering as a nonprofit and involving the state in the process.

Will anything happen as a result of this? Probably not, although it's not a good idea to risk breaking the law while DSP is already under scrutiny from the state. If he is doing something illegal by fundraising, some detractor will probably make a complaint to the state and they will examine how he is collecting this money.

Twitch obviously don't care if he breaks their TOS, but this MIGHT cause him some problems if "fundraising" in this way is not legal in Washington.

Commercial fundraisers supposedly need to register, as seen in this screenshot Pol posted.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Cucksonjin

Post by Cucksonjin » Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:57 pm

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:12 pm

But are his e-begathons technically fundraisers under the law? It's a weird mix up of begging and soliciting through Twitch.

I'd like to see Twitch brought to the mud for scammy practices like this. Then maybe they'd ban DSP for good.

Cuckson

Post by Cuckson » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:15 pm

Le Redditeur wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:12 pm
But are his e-begathons technically fundraisers under the law? It's a weird mix up of begging and soliciting through Twitch.

I'd like to see Twitch brought to the mud for scammy practices like this. Then maybe they'd ban DSP for good.
he calls them fundraisers on multiple ocations on video and he is a private corporation , thats enough for a solid case
"shattering arms and protecting boss are the duties of a real man" - Jackson jin
"Nothing is more badass than getting stabbed with a katana and survive." -Auli

Angelfire Memes

Post by Angelfire Memes » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:32 pm

Eh, it's a nice thought that Phil's overzealous begging is what finally puts him down but I don't see it. If anything comes of this, the state will have a quiet word and Phil will one day say "It's NOT a fundraiser, okay? It's just a stream where I motivate my audience, cammahn" just like he did with his "It's not a business" bit when he got busted for his taxes. Then that'll be it, it'll be begging as usual for Phil, just without him explicitly calling it a fundraiser.

Post by Guest » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:27 pm

lol, Neger locked the thread because he demanded info about Samxbryne, he unlocked the thread because no one told him anything.

Some are bitching about the GFs cooking again, others are bitching about her not being in DSP's videos.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:32 pm

Angelfire Memes wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:32 pm
Eh, it's a nice thought that Phil's overzealous begging is what finally puts him down but I don't see it. If anything comes of this, the state will have a quiet word and Phil will one day say "It's NOT a fundraiser, okay? It's just a stream where I motivate my audience, cammahn" just like he did with his "It's not a business" bit when he got busted for his taxes. Then that'll be it, it'll be begging as usual for Phil, just without him explicitly calling it a fundraiser.
That's my thought as well. It's an interesting idea, which is why I reposted it. It's possible that DSP could get in trouble for "fundraising," but it's also possible the language he uses is vague enough to allow him to slip out of trouble. He's already paying back taxes, so even if he did do something illegal, he would just claim no advance knowledge of wrongdoing and they would tack another bill onto his back taxes. But the legal papers looked interesting all the same.

I saw Neger lock that thread lel. Pretty pointless. A lot of the sidetracks in that thread won't amount to much. All we can do with the soulmaid saga is wait for something juicy. The soulmaid not showing up in pictures just means she isn't a complete retard and DSP is baiting doing videos with her in exchange for sub goals.

Edit:

RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Cucksonjin

Post by Cucksonjin » Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:17 am

he cant beg as hard as he does with her right there, specially now he might" need to sell the house " when she just moved in

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:00 pm

Guest wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:11 am
Get a Casio digital terrorist watch instead.
I've got a Casio Mudmaster (GWG-1000-1AER) instead.
GoddesAllison wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:57 pm
Having a watch with you, is like having a calculator all the time in your pocket. Or contactbook. Or a map of Kentucky. ...

It's what smartphones are for.
Spoken like a true millenial.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!