Weebshit Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Re: Weebshit Thread

Post by Charlar » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:10 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:24 am
JL Unlimited wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:55 am
Charlar wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:46 am
Did i miss something? Freeza and Cell look the sames as in Z?
DBZ Cell: (fuck that's huge, not gonna repost here)
GT Cell: (dito)

I know I'm going into full sperg, but there's just something off putting about this.
You're talking as if DBZ Cell was consistent to begin with.
Yeah but was multiple artists, i doubt GT has that excuse
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:33 am

Charlar wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:04 am
Hell no, it's so much fucking boring it's as bad as Bio Broly, i suggest either Bardock - The father of Goku (40 minutes) or the History of Trunks (48 minutes ) as the better written ones, sure they aren't perfect but they do what they set up to do and they keep the cringe low
They are the only good ones, the Trunks one was very interesting since the dystopian world shown in more detail was a very big change of pace from regular Dragonball and has a very unique tone for the series. The Bardock one is similar in the sense that it doesn't feel like your typical DBZ arc where everyone fires some laser bullshit and yells at the end, both stories add to the main series by expanding little details we know about, especially since we know both of them don't have a happy ending with their more bleak tone.

The rest of them make no sense chronologically since some characters should be dead in some of them.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:41 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:21 am
So I should just watch that movie then, amirite? All the dbz movies I know of sound like super cringe, but I guess I can watch ONE of them.
Pretty much all the Dragon Ball movies, with the exception of Battle of Gods and Resurrection F are non-canonical (in fact there is no way any of them could possibly fit in the canon). Battle of Gods and Resurrection F, however, are not only canonical but written by Toriyama himself, with Battle of Gods being made as a sort of apology for the god awfulness of Dragon Ball Evolution.

Haven't seen Resurrection F (although I plan to) but I enjoyed Battle of Gods. I would probably recommend it.
Charlar wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:10 am
Do you seriously believe that a weekly series, even one of 64 episodes, was keyed out solely by one man?
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:59 am

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:41 am
rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:21 am
So I should just watch that movie then, amirite? All the dbz movies I know of sound like super cringe, but I guess I can watch ONE of them.
Pretty much all the Dragon Ball movies, with the exception of Battle of Gods and Resurrection F are non-canonical (in fact there is no way any of them could possibly fit in the canon). Battle of Gods and Resurrection F, however, are not only canonical but written by Toriyama himself, with Battle of Gods being made as a sort of apology for the god awfulness of Dragon Ball Evolution.

Haven't seen Resurrection F (although I plan to) but I enjoyed Battle of Gods. I would probably recommend it.
Charlar wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:10 am
Do you seriously believe that a weekly series, even one of 64 episodes, was keyed out solely by one man?
No, i guess not
Last edited by Charlar on Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:23 pm

Poonoo wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:33 am
They are the only good ones, the Trunks one was very interesting since the dystopian world shown in more detail was a very big change of pace from regular Dragonball and has a very unique tone for the series. The Bardock one is similar in the sense that it doesn't feel like your typical DBZ arc where everyone fires some laser bullshit and yells at the end, both stories add to the main series by expanding little details we know about, especially since we know both of them don't have a happy ending with their more bleak tone.
Haven't seen the Trunks one, but the Bardock movie is pretty interesting.

And of course they had to ruin it by making a sequel where it turns out that getting blown the fuck up just sent Bardock into the distant past where he became the Legendary Super-Saiyan. That's a little bit dumb tbh.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:25 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:23 pm
Poonoo wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:33 am
Haven't seen the Trunks one, but the Bardock movie is pretty interesting.

And of course they had to ruin it by making a sequel where it turns out that getting blown the fuck up just sent Bardock into the distant past where he became the Legendary Super-Saiyan. That's a little bit dumb tbh.
This is why I hate DBZ sometimes. Nobody ever stays dead. It's just like capeshit.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:24 pm

I really wouldn't bother with GT at all. Although the production values are higher in GT, Super is still less retarded.
GT de-aged Goku into a little kid. FOR THE ENTIRE SERIES, PERMANENTLY. Yeah, that doesn't get old fast...
お前はもう死んでいる。

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:35 pm

I don't understand the kid goku shit at all. I keep seeing snippets of that when I look at GT shit and it's fucking weird. Just why? Why is he an adult SSJ44 monkey now as an adult, but then a kid the rest of the time? Looks like they wanted a show for kids and realized a 45 year old man can't be the hero for such a television series. GG
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:15 pm

It was basically a really crappy idea to mash together the adventure of Original DB with the action and SSJ nonsense of DBZ.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:35 pm

The DBZ TV specials (Burdock and Tranks) are unironic kino and genuine art.
I remember as a kid liking the Cooler movies quite a lot but I was a stupid kid and I haven't seen that shit in a decade.