The Angry Video Game Cuck

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about

Re: The Angry Video Game Cuck

Post by Guest » Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:58 pm

Stranger wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:02 pm
Guest wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:38 pm
It's too bad he isn't passionate about films that aren't gay as hell. Nobody cares about some 1930s vampire movie starring an obvious overweight homosexual in pageantry makeup.
Do enlighten us on what films he should be passionate about, then.
Mad Maxine: Furious Period obviously. The only movie with 100% from DHI Tomatoes.

Boogie's Panniculus

Post by Boogie's Panniculus » Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:39 pm

James and Mike Monday videos where they cover an NES port of a computer game are always craptastic.

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:15 pm

Not to mention that game as hard as balls on the NES, maybe they should stick to Super Mario Brothers hacks
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:42 pm

Rewatched one of my fav Nerd videos, Batman. Damn, does he get into a (real) fit there. Makes you miss all that energy and passion.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

Boogie's Panniculus

Post by Boogie's Panniculus » Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:49 pm

mad bum wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:15 pm
Not to mention that game as hard as balls on the NES, maybe they should stick to Super Mario Brothers hacks
Mike's complaint about the manual at the end of the video is so stupid.

The Immortal's manual is awesome, with a walkthrough of the first level and a bunch of hints for the rest of the levels. Not to mention telling you how to get out of pit traps.

I thought it was especially telling (that they can't really read) that they used the walkthrough from nintendo power to figure out to use the reflective amulet on the light beam, but didn't read the rest of the sentence that says not to read the inscription. Also, they couldn't figure out that "everything in the room, including you, were incinerated" meant you died. :roll:

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:55 pm

Watching Plumbers Don't Wear Ties. James used to have a spectacular sense of comic timing. Love his deadpan reactions to the clip of the bra-wearing blonde chick clip.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:39 am

I have to admit James is handling his transition from AVGN to other things better than Doge did.

RAPEMAN
Supreme Shitposter

Post by RAPEMAN » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:42 am

Demo Reel was just a terrible, terrible idea. Doge just doesn't have an original bone in his body.
SpoilerShow
EVERY POST I HAVE EVER MADE HERE IS SATIRE. I DO NOT CONDONE NOR SUPPORT ANY OF THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED ON THIS FORUM.

Tony Schiavone

Post by Tony Schiavone » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:39 pm

Guest wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:39 am
I have to admit James is handling his transition from AVGN to other things better than Doge did.
He's still doing AVGN, more than usual right now. On the one hand, I do like that he's doing more than just finding the nearest NES cartidge and attempting to crap out a video with it. He's actually playing other titles, actually showing more of the game, and trying to include at least some variety with presentation.

On the other hand...his videos have definitely gotten more formulaic and have a 'processed' feel. You can tell the parts where he seems almost contractually obligated to say new ways to say the same shitty phrases over and over. I think he doesn't want to take the chance his fans will riot and wants to make them steady and safe.
In other words, it's looks like he's definitely only doing it for the money now, only this time it looks like he actually needs it,.

He doesn't really have any other content other than talking about whatever movie he wants to at the time. Most of his other channel production he's happily farmed out to Matei.
...and still: Spoony did nothing.

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:48 pm

AVGN addresses his hairline:
https://youtu.be/mv_x4N-oxXQ?t=27m56s
お前はもう死んでいる。