Weebshit Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.

Re: Weebshit Thread

Post by Guest » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:07 am

Sasaki Kojiro is Fake Assassin, the real one only appears in Heaven's Feel, everyone's favorite wormslut and educated prostitute now in a major motion picture.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:42 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:29 pm
The classes are just loose guides based on what weapons the hero was skilled with in life. Fate/Zero's "Archer" was a warrior who could teleport golden swords around and fire them like arrows. "Assassin" in UBW is Sasaki Kojiro, who was not an assassin at all IIRC. It doesn't mean as much as you think.
I can live with that. "Ass" is the most important part of "assassin" anyways, and I bet Sasaki has agreat booty.

Maybe I'm ignorant, but this Nasuverse hits a lot of triggers for me. Melty Blood is as deep as I am willing to go, and the game is bascially a fanfic AFAIK.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:54 am

I was thinking about melty blood as a comparison. I don't give a shit about the nasuverse. You can enjoy a shitty melty blood fightan game without being a sperge who reads garbage h-game visual novels, and you can enjoy fate/zero without all the other stupid bullshit.

Besides which, most of the stories are just the same story told a million times. The "Archer" story aka the Rin Tohsaka arc account for most of the stories, from what I've seen. The OG fate/stay night animu is just that story again (same as Unlimited Blade Works) but with much shittier animation (it was from 2005.)

Fate/Zero is the best one by far. As I said, most of the dope stuff from Unlimited Blade Works is only cool because of connections with Fate/Zero. The animation in Blade Works isn't good enough to make up for the lack of interesting characters, and Fate/Zero has perfectly fine (above average) animation. I'm 4 episodes from the end of Blade Works and it's not even remotely as interesting. Way too much shounen BS that wasn't in fate/zero at all. As I said, the primary characters in Fate/Zero range more in the 25-50 age bracket, which makes a big difference on how enjoyable animu is for me. The main character is a father with a family.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:08 pm

A family father as the mc? That's like, super rare in animu.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Post by Guest » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:20 am

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:28 pm

I made the mistake of trying to watch the new netflix fate thing to see if it was any good.
Fate Apocrypha Review for episodes 1-16

Fate Apocrypha is an entry into the long running Fate franchise that seems to keep getting dumber and dumber as the series goes on. The Fate franchise went from its humble begging’s as an adult visual novel to an oversaturated mess that doesn’t even try anymore, Fate Apocrypha continues the downward spiral of quality of the Fate franchise and at every point of its run time assaults the viewer’s intelligence.

Story and Characters:

The story of Apocrypha is its first major sin. The plot takes around five episodes to set up the plot and even longer to give the main cast their motivations for partaking in Holy Grail war. Compare this to Fate Zero which set up the basic premise of the Grail War, sets up motivation for the story’s central charters, and ends with the summoning of the servants. This all takes place in a single episode in comparison to Apocrypha where I couldn’t find myself to care or even remember the names of most the characters after the plot got set up. Pretty much after the plot is set up its almost nonstop action with very little room to give any of the characters any interesting development, and the action isn’t even that good but more of that later.

In regards about the characters, they are mostly just generic architypes that you can find in the majority of crappy anime/manga/light novels. You have the uninteresting and generic looking protagonist which for whatever reason people bend over backwards just to help, generic psycho loli, a rebellious girl who just wants to fight and has daddy (mommy) issues, seasonal trap character, and the list continues. Really none of the characters have any defining trait outside of their given architypes, and the character designs for these characters range from generic fantasy anime characters to overdesigned and downright idiotic looking.

Fate/Stay Night and Fate Zero has some of the coolest and most visually interesting characters I have ever seen. Characters such as Gilgamesh and Saber have iconic and really sleek designs in comparison to Apocrypha. Joan of Arc design makes little to no sense. Her armour only covers her abdomen and not her chest and has what appears to be a horse shoe on her head which makes me wonder how it stays on. Siegfried is just a Frankenstein’s monster of bad character design, his body has glowing lights and his armour makes no sense. You could put him in the most generic looking fantasy anime and he wouldn’t look out of place.

Animation, Direction and Sound:

The animation in Fate Apocrypha is average at best. It isn’t the worst animated anime I’ve seen, pretty much most of my problems in this regard is how the action scenes are done. The actions scenes have too many quick shots so it’s hard to process what’s going on screen, it isn’t always clear where the characters are in position of the world, and the sound design is almost as bad as the clang sound from Berserk 2016/17. This is honestly some of the worst action I have ever seen in my life. I feel like the director purposefully did this to trick viewers into thinking that this is well animated action, and for the most part, I think it has fooled a good amount of people, but I hope the majority of people aren’t fooled by this.

Closing Thoughts:

In conclusion, there really isn’t anything I like about Apocrypha, and I have no idea why continue to punish myself by watching this dribble each week. This is honestly one of the worst shows I have ever watched in my life and it continues to baffle me as to how people can legitimately enjoy this.

I give Fate Apocrypha a score of 1/10 as MAL won’t let me give a negative score. Do yourself a favor and skip this show.

My mean score - 1.7/10
This isn't my review, but it sums up the show well. Legit one of the most generic things I've ever seen, without even the typical ufotable high animation quality. If Fate/Zero is a 9/10 and UBW is a 6 or 7/10, this is a 0/10. It's in the running for worst animu I've seen that was supposed to be good (IE wasn't a joke.)

I've watched almost the entire season 1 of the show and nothing at all has happened. One spirit died and one person changed sides... Out of fucking 14 heroic spirits. This is just pathetic. People in these fate animus are supposed to die fast and often. And the protagonist is so fucking generic he makes my eyes bleed.
RAPEMAN wrote:

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:57 pm

Lol, was this shitshow ghostwritten by Tite Kubo or something? Sounds amazing.
-Yours Truly

Post by Guest » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:03 pm

Someone even worse than Kubo, a light novel author.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:08 pm

Bleach is way better than Fate/Apocalypto. It's so fucking bad. 99.9% of all the fights end in one or both parties "deciding" to stop fighting and just leave. Shit is insane. They're in a fucking war, right? But they're all allergic to killing anyone because that would reduce the number of characters to shovel into terrible drama scenes or awful comic relief. Every character is some moeblob stereotype or shitty shounen trope.

I think two characters die in the entire season. Maybe two. What a step down from Fate/Zero. UBW was bad enough with characters like Archer very obviously dying multiple times yet somehow not dying until the very end for story reasons.
RAPEMAN wrote:

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:17 pm

Boy am I glad that Bleach gave me shounenshit PTSD. Nothing of value was lost, it seems.
Guest wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:03 pm
Someone even worse than Kubo, a light novel author.
*Drops monocle*
-Yours Truly