Movieblob

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
wildmage

Re: Movieblob

Post by wildmage » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:27 pm

TheProgressive wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:16 pm
I instantly turn off anyone who professes to be an "intellectual" because all it represents to me is a snob who just sits on their accumulated knowledge like a slothful dragon on a pile of gold thinking that they are above other people. These people are rarely adaptable or intelligent in any meaningful way and the only interesting things they have to say are words parroted from people who ACTUALLY achieved things with their lives.

In Bob's case, that accumulated knowledge is so small, trivial and lowbrow that he just comes off as laughable.
Reminds me of "The Diaries of Adrian Mole" by Sue Townsed. At least the first 2 volumes, while the mc is in high school where he play pretends he's an intellectual when instead he's....Bob.

Between him and Ignatius C Reilly, I don't believe Bob is a person any more, it has to be a sleeper agent or a CIA psyops.

Post by Guest » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:40 pm

So Bob has declared to boycott IDW comics because they rightfully cancelled Aubrey Sitterson's anti-american G.I. Joe series, bringing the grand total of IDW comics Bob has ever bought to zero.

Funny how he'll boycott IDW over this and not when they published The Killer Inside Me, written by a sexual predator. I wonder why that is? Oh, right, the book was written by Devin Faraci.

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:48 pm

Guest wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:40 pm
Funny how he'll boycott IDW over this and not when they published The Killer Inside Me, written by a sexual predator. I wonder why that is? Oh, right, the book was written by Devin Faraci.
I was gonna say, Jim Thompson's a sexual predator?
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Post by Guest » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:02 pm

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:48 pm
Guest wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:40 pm
I was gonna say, Jim Thompson's a sexual predator?
Bleeding Cool has referred to it in the past as "Devin Faraci's The Killer Inside Me".

"Devin Faraci may have quit as EIC of Birth.Movies.Death as a result of allegations regarding sexual harassment and assault – but his comic book writing career appears to be going from strength to strength."

LOL

drisko

Post by drisko » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:50 am

He doesn't even read Spider-Man comics. I can see him buying the old Mario comics but even that might be a stretch.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:12 am

Why did they cancel the anti-american gi joe? Just because the idea is retarded? It can't be more retarded than normal capeshit.

I'm asking because I assume part of the reason had to due with sales and Blob is most likely virtue signalling again.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:32 am

drisko wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:50 am
I can see him buying the old Mario comics but even that might be a stretch.
I had a look at some old, Valiant, Mario comics and they are oddly expensive. Probably because they're so rare. I doubt Bob would be buying them
rabidtictac wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:12 am
I'm asking because I assume part of the reason had to due with sales and Blob is most likely virtue signalling again.
The reason any comic book gets cancelled is 90% of the time due to poor sales. They will never ever willingly back down from their ideology.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:43 am

rabidtictac wrote:
And the writer was a cunt on social media as well. Complete SJW douchebag and openly lashed out at people who didn't like it and, of course, suffered absolutely no fucking reprimand for being an unprofessional tool until now.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

Post by Guest » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:08 pm

Poonoo wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:43 am
rabidtictac wrote:
And the writer was a cunt on social media as well. Complete SJW douchebag and openly lashed out at people who didn't like it and, of course, suffered absolutely no fucking reprimand for being an unprofessional tool until now.
Sitterson was also the former WWE2K Community Manager. He has a very, very long history of being a complete douchebag on social media.

drisko

Post by drisko » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:20 pm

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:32 am
drisko wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:50 am
I can see him buying the old Mario comics but even that might be a stretch.
I had a look at some old, Valiant, Mario comics and they are oddly expensive. Probably because they're so rare. I doubt Bob would be buying them
rabidtictac wrote:
The reason any comic book gets cancelled is 90% of the time due to poor sales. They will never ever willingly back down from their ideology.
I assumed he bought them when they came out, but yeah, you're probably right.

As for books being cancelled, yeah, in the past DC and Marvel had books written by the right and left without much issue. Chuck Dixon and Bill Willingham were right-wing but DC still gave them work. They even let Willingham write a book about Robin joining a private army so he could fight in the war on terror, the fifth world war (First was the Napoleonic, WW1 was actually WW2, WW2 was actually three, and I think he said the cold war was the forth? I can't remember, it's been more than a decade since I read that. And no, I am not making this up, it's presented as a real fact by some GI Joe knock off) even though the majority of comic writers are liberal.

It's sad how bad things have gotten, fifteen years ago, Chuck Dixon and Greg Rucka could write Batman crossover books together with no problem. Ten years later Gail Simone quit a book because Ethan Van Sciever, the artist, was a proud republican and she couldn't handle their opposing political views.