Movieblob

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
Cuckara

Re: Movieblob

Post by Cuckara » Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:42 am

The theatrical cut of Alien³ is a fucking mess but I think the assembly cut is pretty good. It's a shame David Fincher won't ever make a proper director's cut.

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:48 am

I fall asleep every time I try to watch Alien 3.
Is Spoony dead yet?

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:11 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:20 am
Aliens aren't sentient, Blob you fuck.
"Sapient" is the word you mean. They are sentient.
Them not being creepy is a dumb statement. The fact that the drones don't give a shit about their own wellbeing is what's makes them extra scary. A tiger is scary but it's very careful to approach one. In fact, it usually goes out of it's way to avoid people or any danger. Now imagine a tiger that's more deadly and just doesn't give a fuck about getting hurt. That's a xenomorph drone. Can take loads of punishment, is dangerous even when you hurt it thanks to acidic blood and has no concept of avoiding damage and is willing to take lethal damage if it means it'll kill you.

It's basically Blob when engaging a muffin. I guess one doesn't find oneself scary.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:07 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:11 am
rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:20 am
Aliens aren't sentient, Blob you fuck.
"Sapient" is the word you mean. They are sentient.
Them not being creepy is a dumb statement. The fact that the drones don't give a shit about their own wellbeing is what's makes them extra scary. A tiger is scary but it's very careful to approach one. In fact, it usually goes out of it's way to avoid people or any danger. Now imagine a tiger that's more deadly and just doesn't give a fuck about getting hurt. That's a xenomorph drone. Can take loads of punishment, is dangerous even when you hurt it thanks to acidic blood and has no concept of avoiding damage and is willing to take lethal damage if it means it'll kill you.

It's basically Blob when engaging a muffin. I guess one doesn't find oneself scary.
If drones are like tigers what are the others? Like what animals would they be like?
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:06 am

Depends how far you're willing to go into the autistic lore. If we're keeping it fairly vanilla, there are only runners, drones, pretorians and queens. In that regard, runners are like dogs, drones like tigers, pretorians like rhinos and the queen like a drone that's fuckhueg.
Threat level times ten as opposed to the animals.
From a biological standpoint they are pretty much ants. Just if ants were man-sized.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:34 pm

The Queen is basically a T-Rex crossed with a hippo in terms of size and eagerness to wreck your shit.

And did pretorians ever show up in the movies?
Rapeculture wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:23 am
rabidtictac wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:00 am
Keith Chegwin wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:29 pm
They really shouldn't have made any more Alien movies after Aliens
My nigga.

Resurrection was fucking terrible. Alien 3 and Prometheus were both bad, but strangely enjoyable for me. I think there's a good movie somewhere buried deep, but you'd need to go film them over entirely with a reworked script and severe changes.

Regardless, Alien and Aliens were the only ones we needed.
Thank you for being fair to Alien³. Yeah, it's a big step below the first 2 movies, but I still liked it. And it had Charles Dance in it, that nigga adds class to everything he's in. Too bad he doesn't last long, kek.
Alien³, at least to me, is basically a weaker copy of the first Alien set in a prison. Doesn't have a whole lot of what made the first one so good, but there are still some remnants.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:46 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:00 am
Resurrection was fucking terrible. Alien 3 and Prometheus were both bad, but strangely enjoyable for me. I think there's a good movie somewhere buried deep, but you'd need to go film them over entirely with a reworked script and severe changes.
Prometheus is, to me, like one of the bad pre-Abrams Star Trek movies. The execution is terrible, but there are some good ideas in there, and it makes you think about those ideas, so it's not completely disposable. If only the actual finished product wasn't so shit.

Never saw Alien 3
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

OldManBones

Post by OldManBones » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:38 am

Having owned the dvd, the making of video for Alien 3 is far more engrossing than the actual film.

Like, they never had a finished script ever, and they kept throwing shit at a wall like a planet made of wood or a sheep xenomorph with a human face for an anus.

https://alienseries.files.wordpress.com ... -sheep.jpg

Guru Larry
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Guru Larry » Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:24 am

The wooden planet/monastery idea was a great idea, unbelievably impracticable if you think about it, (finding multiple planets that have trees, cutting down every tree on the planet to make it and inadvertently killing all life from lack of oxygen by doing so) but a great concept.

Also how is a sheep with a human face for an arse scary? Does it kill you as you're too busy rolling on the floor laughing? :D

CuckTurdginson

Post by CuckTurdginson » Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:28 am

Blob RT'd this.
ebin namefag wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 2:12 am
Sorry DHI but I cant have this shitpost finished by Friday. I've been farting nonstop for days. Its impossible to sit by the computer in this state.