Movieblob

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about

Re: Movieblob

Post by Guest » Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:35 pm

drisko wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:43 am

Alien - Make the alien the good guy. Because Bob can't think of a way to make xenomorphs scary any more, he thinks they should be the heroes now. And because alien has always been about women it should be a young queen the company has capture and are trying to force breed her so she breaks out and the movie becomes Die Hard where it's one hero against a group of villains. He actually said that. Because after forty years of being single-minded killing machines, we're just going to buy this one as a hero
I haven't watch Bob in years, basically since he went off the deep end, I'm not going to start now to verify this... but if this is true, then yeah, even as a film snob he's a moron. I don't know, I've learned that snobs tend to get that way because they're so exposed to whatever. I know I'm a terrible one on some things, but I know how I got there.

I just assume that whatever the snob has as his prime snobbery, he'll at least generally understand. This is just sad.

The sky's orange in my world, why do you ask?

Incoming Sperg, btw. Alien is one of the most well known movies ever made and the making of it no less so. I'm a damn scrub on the subject, and even I know that it's never been 'about women.' Having a good female lead doesn't change that. For pity's sake, Ripley was originally written to be played by a man, and famously so.

If there's an overaching theme to the Alien series, it's 'Corruption.' In all its forms, really. It's also not terribly subtle. The thing itself shares a lot in common with zombies, really. I'd say vampires too, but there's a bit more at play there if they're done right.

The producers have openly and explicitly said that the first movie is about rape and being violated. Paraphrased, but one of them actually said, "Most monsters, they catch you and eat you. That's not really scary. These aliens, they violate you." They wanted to disturb people with it, especially the men in the audience. I can run down a list of it all, but whatever, and most people know it.

The second's just on the nose. The third's largely about being cast into Hell (seriously, the planet's called Fiorina, a la Dante's Inferno, and it takes place in a prison foundry) and ends with Ripley dragging the 'demon' back into the fire.

The fourth, which no one talks about for good reason, is about freaks and outcasts. So... individuals looked down on for being different? Seriously, even the aliens gang up and murder one of their 'lessers' at one point. It's about love and acceptance and OH MY GOD IT'S HIDEOUS! THROW MY GRANDBABY FREAK OUT THE AIRLOCK!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:11 pm

A theme I often associate with Alien - and Event Horizon - is "Space is fuckhuge and full of scary shit we can't even begin to understand". A somewhat Lovecraftian view, before I even heard of the guy.

And I can see them initially wanting to cast a dude. It really doesn't matter what Ripley has in her pants for at least the first movie.
drisko wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:24 am
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:02 pm
I just want him to start a webcomic already, just to see if he can reach the lofty heights of Sonichu.
I'd say he'd probably get closer to a Lightbringer clone.
Bob is far more deluded than Linkara could ever hope to be. He would outshine the Lightbringer.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Oengae

Post by Oengae » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:21 pm

The Aliens franchise has already established that the Xenomorphs are basically hyperengineered murderbeasts that are nigh unkillable, like one can wipe out a whole crew and usually you can only get rid of them by blowing them out an airlock or something. Good luck keeping dramatic tension up for that for a protagonist. "Oh no, I hope the hyperevolved apex predator survives against the random PMC du-Oh wait, they're dead."

The Jaws one reminds me of his Paranorman video where he talked about disliking living near Salem because they play up the witch trials, so Blob's just showing how little life experience he has. Also, it's been done before, especially in the vein of the murder mystery hotel that plays up a former murder and then someone gets murdered for real.

Post by Guest » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:33 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:11 pm
And I can see them initially wanting to cast a dude. It really doesn't matter what Ripley has in her pants for at least the first movie.
I thought they did. You can clearly see her throbbing penis in the underwear scenes.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:48 pm

Now wouldn't that be an "amazing" remake? Ripley wins the day because xenomorphs are bigots that get the literal shakes from seeing a trannie.
Oengae wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:21 pm
The Aliens franchise has already established that the Xenomorphs are basically hyperengineered murderbeasts that are nigh unkillable, like one can wipe out a whole crew and usually you can only get rid of them by blowing them out an airlock or something. Good luck keeping dramatic tension up for that for a protagonist. "Oh no, I hope the hyperevolved apex predator survives against the random PMC du-Oh wait, they're dead."
It'd be a like reading some Warhammer 40k novel about the heartfelt struggle of a lone Tyranid. It just doesn't work. There is no way to identify and/or feel sympathy for something that can literally only think "hunt" and "kill".
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Oengae

Post by Oengae » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:21 pm

Well not just the thoughts and motivations, but also just how overpowered they are. A villain stronger than the heroes works because it's a huge obstacle to overcome. The other way around and it's boring Mary Sue wish fulfillment fantasy (Maybe that's Blob's progtard hateboner against blue collar workers and jawks coming out as usual). It's like a Superman movie except if all the villains are low-level muggers with handguns with no kryptonite or any bullshit reasons he can't use his powers.

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:27 pm

Oengae wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:21 pm
Well not just the thoughts and motivations, but also just how overpowered they are. A villain stronger than the heroes works because it's a huge obstacle to overcome. The other way around and it's boring Mary Sue wish fulfillment fantasy (Maybe that's Blob's progtard hateboner against blue collar workers and jawks coming out as usual). It's like a Superman movie except if all the villains are low-level muggers with handguns with no kryptonite or any bullshit reasons he can't use his powers.
Well in the case of Tyranids most of them when by them themselves revert animal like mind so they are really are much easier, the exception are the ones made to operate independently
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:29 pm

They really shouldn't have made any more Alien movies after Aliens
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:00 am

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:29 pm
My nigga.

Resurrection was fucking terrible. Alien 3 and Prometheus were both bad, but strangely enjoyable for me. I think there's a good movie somewhere buried deep, but you'd need to go film them over entirely with a reworked script and severe changes.

Regardless, Alien and Aliens were the only ones we needed.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Rapeculture

Post by Rapeculture » Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:23 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:00 am
Keith Chegwin wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:29 pm
My nigga.

Resurrection was fucking terrible. Alien 3 and Prometheus were both bad, but strangely enjoyable for me. I think there's a good movie somewhere buried deep, but you'd need to go film them over entirely with a reworked script and severe changes.

Regardless, Alien and Aliens were the only ones we needed.
Thank you for being fair to Alien³. Yeah, it's a big step below the first 2 movies, but I still liked it. And it had Charles Dance in it, that nigga adds class to everything he's in. Too bad he doesn't last long, kek.
rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 4:57 am
Rapeculture lives in a van by the river and rapes bitches every day.