Chris Bores: Irate Gamer, Puppet Steve, Ghost Hunter Extraordinaire

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Chris Bores: Irate Gamer, Puppet Steve, Ghost Hunter Extraordinaire

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat May 25, 2024 10:52 pm

Turns out this iteration of DHI doesn't actually have a Chris Bores / Irate Gamer thread. So let's get started, shall we?
Chris Bores Crash Course for DummiesShow
Chris Bores

Chris Bores is an IN that wears many faces, for his genius is too great for just one gig.

The Irate Gamer

Easily the most (in)famous incarnation of Chris Bores, and the one that propelled him to internet anti-stardom.
Back many, many moons ago when James Rofle aka the Angry Video Game Nerd was considered hot shit, YT was flooded with autists and hacks copying his angry video game reviewer shtick like it was going out of style.
Due to a twist of fate, the AVGN fandom zeroed in on The Irate Gamer and declared him their Boss' arch-nemesis. Chris more or less capitalized on this and played them like a fiddle, resulting many years of pointless drama about which angry reviewer stole from whom, none of which matters anymore so who gives a fuck.

Not content with just ripping off the AVGN, he eventually started doing his own "epic" storylines, not unlike Linkara (see that other spoiler tag for more). Maybe it was his ego, maybe it was just another way for him to piss off his detractors.

Speaking of pissing off his detractors, he also did The History of Video Games, which mostly involved some edutainment shit with ancient consoles. His research was somewhat wanting, and just to trigger people even more he called this earliest era of console gaming the "Silver Age" and the next one (which he never ended up doing) the "Golden Age".

(Minecraft) Puppet Steve

During a period when his Irate Gamer channel was more or less dormant, Chris sneakily set up a side gig initially known as Minecraft Puppet Steve. He eventually dropped the "Minecraft" bit, probably realizing it might get him sued.
The channel mostly involved various puppet characters reviewing / fucking around with toys. I think the channel was "inspired" by Super Mario Logan aka the other video-game-themed puppet channel thing. No idea of SML actually reviews toys, though. I just know it exists, is strangely popular, and has an autistic af fanbase.

He also does a rather decent job of separating this Puppet Steve stuff from the rest of his enterprise. I'm pretty sure he never actually shows up in the flesh on that channel, and in fact it took detractors a while to realize that Puppet Steve is Chris Bores.

There's honestly not much to say about this aspect of Bores. His detractors don't really care about the channel because they want to bitch and moan about him reviewing video games wrong.
Ironically enough, his Puppet Steve videos perform consistently better than his Irate Gamer ones.

Ghost Hunting

Now throughout his online career, and I think even before The Irate Gamer, Chris was big into ghost hunting stuff. He has a few videos on it, as well as a "movie" and I think a book.
It's pretty much your typical ghost hunting nonsense: Dudes wandering around aimlessly in some abandoned building, asking questions to no one, but assuring us in the end that they totally proved the existence of ghosts or something. Bonus points if some amazingly supernatural shit happened just off-camera.

Not just content with merely being a ghost hunter, he will have you know that he is the ghost hunter. He has like studied both the Egyptian and Tibetan book of the dead, and has for all intents and purposes created a new field of science.
I have no idea if his ghost hunting shtick is a long-running grift, or if he's a genuine ghost hunting / esoteric nutjob.
It certainly always seems really important to him, and his willingness to keep kayfabe has resulted in him saying some weird shit - like when he assured everyone that JewWario is indeed in Hell for an heroing.
Heroes & Villains of the Chris Bores Cinematic UniverseShow
BatDan / BatDanNight

Chris has had many autistic detractors over the year, but no one was quite as autistic and/or detracting as BatDan. Dude ran a blog for 13 years, carefully archiving his crimes against INdom for all to see.
It's basically mostly just him riffing Chris' videos, more often than not being autistically nitpicky and angry.
He eventually lost interest after Chris stopped providing him with enough triggering Irate Gamer content.

I guess this is useful from a historical point of view, but man is there a lot of autism.

Linkara

Now many a CA loser has made fun of the Irate Gamer, doing April Fool's videos where they parody his reviewing style, or just being Lupa and Failous and chanting "I~rate Gay~mer~" during a crossover video for no reason.

Aside from doing at least one of those April Fool's videos, Linkara has also often been seeing haunting the comment section of BatDan's posts - particularly the ones about Irate Gamer videos with "storyline" content. Wasting runtime on using bullshit super powers to save the world from evil villains hit a bit too close for Linkara, so he took time in his busy schedule to educate the masses on why his storytelling his more expertly crafted than the Irate Gamer's.
It was basically stroking his own ego by shitting on another IN, which he would eventually do much more openly on twitter when CTC happened and Doge became the new Irate Gamer for him.

James Rolfe

For being part of the Great AVGN vs IG War that has ravaged YT comment sections for years, James never really had much to say. In fact a while ago he did a cameo in an Irate Gamer video, which shattered the minds and souls of many detractors (liek BatDan).

Asalieri

Now back in the heyday of the Great AVGN vs IG War, no name struck as much fear into the hearts of AVGN and CA fans as Asalieri. He was at the peak of his power, able to generate week-long drama by accusing James and/or Doge of e-begging (it was a simpler time back then).
He initially made fun of Chris just like everyone else, but eventually he and other AVGN detractors became buddies with him, be it to piss off AVGN fans some more, or to support AVGN's "rival".
Nothing much came of it aside from cames in IG videos, but at least it triggered people some more.
If I'm not mistaken Asalieri offered to get more involved in the IG video makign process, but Chris knew to keep a distance with other INs.

LadyBuggin777

Some weirdo who has autistic slapfights with detractors in Chris' comment sections. Claims to be his mom, but who the fuck knows. The truth must be pretty cringe either way.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

pibbs

Re: Chris Bores: Irate Gamer, Puppet Steve, Ghost Hunter Extraordinaire

Post by pibbs » Sun May 26, 2024 12:26 am

Way back in the day, I actually discovered him before the AVGN.

Then comments led me to AVGN, and he lead me to Doge and you get the rest. Basically, this fucker is responsible for all the pain and lawls these CA fucks have given me over the years. I guess in a way Bores lead me to DHI. Because as I got sick of Spoony's shit I googled "spoony sucks" and found the "Spoony Sucks" web page that was just reposts of you fags. Now I'm here and an autist too.

Thanks Chris fucking Bores.

Dehbashi

Post by Dehbashi » Sun May 26, 2024 12:52 am

Overall good summary. I would point out ghost hunting was prior to Irate Gamer. He had a channel for that prior to IG and did try to put a few of those on his main channel which no one cared about. I really do think he is hardcore into that shit.

Funny thing is that while I believe I discovered AVGN before him, I definitely turned out to be more of an IG fan. What made me realize that is I remembered the games he reviewed and jokes more than AVGN's. I think the difference is that Chris has been more subdued than James and the rest of the copycats with his anger that made it easier to digest. For example, I tried to watch an Armake21 video a few times over the years and I couldn't stand how piss poor the quality of they were. Funny that they said Chris was ripping people off but I think that's what helped his videos. I don't think he thought the games he reviewed were as bad as other reviewers did.

vegetasasuke0

Post by vegetasasuke0 » Sun May 26, 2024 2:04 am

Do you think he is really losing his grip on reality, or do you think this is some great scheme of his, because the dude has been getting TV time for his ghost hunting "work" over the last few years.
Abridging is dead

Dehbashi

Post by Dehbashi » Sun May 26, 2024 2:12 am

Neither. He has always been a ghost hunting guy and has gotten TV time on local channels over the years. The first time I remember seeing and interview may have been 2012 I think?

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun May 26, 2024 6:50 am

vegetasasuke0 wrote:
Sun May 26, 2024 2:04 am
Do you think he is really losing his grip on reality, or do you think this is some great scheme of his, because the dude has been getting TV time for his ghost hunting "work" over the last few years.
Can be really hard to tell with this crowd. At least he's not going full esoteric nutjob and selling glass decorations charged with positive energy or some other shit.
Dehbashi wrote:
Sun May 26, 2024 12:52 am
I think the difference is that Chris has been more subdued than James and the rest of the copycats with his anger that made it easier to digest.
HIs shallow acting range certainly gives him a unique angry reviewing style :lol:
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Old Black Man
Champion of Lawlhalla

Post by Old Black Man » Sun May 26, 2024 6:59 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sat May 25, 2024 10:52 pm

Turns out this iteration of DHI doesn't actually have a Chris Bores / Irate Gamer thread. So let's get started, shall we?
Chris Bores Crash Course for DummiesShow
Chris Bores

Chris Bores is an IN that wears many faces, for his genius is too great for just one gig.

The Irate Gamer

Easily the most (in)famous incarnation of Chris Bores, and the one that propelled him to internet anti-stardom.
Back many, many moons ago when James Rofle aka the Angry Video Game Nerd was considered hot shit, YT was flooded with autists and hacks copying his angry video game reviewer shtick like it was going out of style.
Due to a twist of fate, the AVGN fandom zeroed in on The Irate Gamer and declared him their Boss' arch-nemesis. Chris more or less capitalized on this and played them like a fiddle, resulting many years of pointless drama about which angry reviewer stole from whom, none of which matters anymore so who gives a fuck.

Not content with just ripping off the AVGN, he eventually started doing his own "epic" storylines, not unlike Linkara (see that other spoiler tag for more). Maybe it was his ego, maybe it was just another way for him to piss off his detractors.

Speaking of pissing off his detractors, he also did The History of Video Games, which mostly involved some edutainment shit with ancient consoles. His research was somewhat wanting, and just to trigger people even more he called this earliest era of console gaming the "Silver Age" and the next one (which he never ended up doing) the "Golden Age".

(Minecraft) Puppet Steve

During a period when his Irate Gamer channel was more or less dormant, Chris sneakily set up a side gig initially known as Minecraft Puppet Steve. He eventually dropped the "Minecraft" bit, probably realizing it might get him sued.
The channel mostly involved various puppet characters reviewing / fucking around with toys. I think the channel was "inspired" by Super Mario Logan aka the other video-game-themed puppet channel thing. No idea of SML actually reviews toys, though. I just know it exists, is strangely popular, and has an autistic af fanbase.

He also does a rather decent job of separating this Puppet Steve stuff from the rest of his enterprise. I'm pretty sure he never actually shows up in the flesh on that channel, and in fact it took detractors a while to realize that Puppet Steve is Chris Bores.

There's honestly not much to say about this aspect of Bores. His detractors don't really care about the channel because they want to bitch and moan about him reviewing video games wrong.
Ironically enough, his Puppet Steve videos perform consistently better than his Irate Gamer ones.

Ghost Hunting

Now throughout his online career, and I think even before The Irate Gamer, Chris was big into ghost hunting stuff. He has a few videos on it, as well as a "movie" and I think a book.
It's pretty much your typical ghost hunting nonsense: Dudes wandering around aimlessly in some abandoned building, asking questions to no one, but assuring us in the end that they totally proved the existence of ghosts or something. Bonus points if some amazingly supernatural shit happened just off-camera.

Not just content with merely being a ghost hunter, he will have you know that he is the ghost hunter. He has like studied both the Egyptian and Tibetan book of the dead, and has for all intents and purposes created a new field of science.
I have no idea if his ghost hunting shtick is a long-running grift, or if he's a genuine ghost hunting / esoteric nutjob.
It certainly always seems really important to him, and his willingness to keep kayfabe has resulted in him saying some weird shit - like when he assured everyone that JewWario is indeed in Hell for an heroing.
Heroes & Villains of the Chris Bores Cinematic UniverseShow
BatDan / BatDanNight

Chris has had many autistic detractors over the year, but no one was quite as autistic and/or detracting as BatDan. Dude ran a blog for 13 years, carefully archiving his crimes against INdom for all to see.
It's basically mostly just him riffing Chris' videos, more often than not being autistically nitpicky and angry.
He eventually lost interest after Chris stopped providing him with enough triggering Irate Gamer content.

I guess this is useful from a historical point of view, but man is there a lot of autism.

Linkara

Now many a CA loser has made fun of the Irate Gamer, doing April Fool's videos where they parody his reviewing style, or just being Lupa and Failous and chanting "I~rate Gay~mer~" during a crossover video for no reason.

Aside from doing at least one of those April Fool's videos, Linkara has also often been seeing haunting the comment section of BatDan's posts - particularly the ones about Irate Gamer videos with "storyline" content. Wasting runtime on using bullshit super powers to save the world from evil villains hit a bit too close for Linkara, so he took time in his busy schedule to educate the masses on why his storytelling his more expertly crafted than the Irate Gamer's.
It was basically stroking his own ego by shitting on another IN, which he would eventually do much more openly on twitter when CTC happened and Doge became the new Irate Gamer for him.

James Rolfe

For being part of the Great AVGN vs IG War that has ravaged YT comment sections for years, James never really had much to say. In fact a while ago he did a cameo in an Irate Gamer video, which shattered the minds and souls of many detractors (liek BatDan).

Asalieri

Now back in the heyday of the Great AVGN vs IG War, no name struck as much fear into the hearts of AVGN and CA fans as Asalieri. He was at the peak of his power, able to generate week-long drama by accusing James and/or Doge of e-begging (it was a simpler time back then).
He initially made fun of Chris just like everyone else, but eventually he and other AVGN detractors became buddies with him, be it to piss off AVGN fans some more, or to support AVGN's "rival".
Nothing much came of it aside from cames in IG videos, but at least it triggered people some more.
If I'm not mistaken Asalieri offered to get more involved in the IG video makign process, but Chris knew to keep a distance with other INs.

LadyBuggin777

Some weirdo who has autistic slapfights with detractors in Chris' comment sections. Claims to be his mom, but who the fuck knows. The truth must be pretty cringe either way.
Somehow I like Bores more than his detractors and I barely know the guy except for his infamous hack fraudery.
I’m getting too old for this shitposting.

Complicity
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Complicity » Sun May 26, 2024 8:53 am

I discovered Bimmy while looking for videos about the Virtual Goy, and the rest of the cancer because of Bimmy.
Dehbashi wrote:
Sun May 26, 2024 12:52 am
I think the difference is that Chris has been more subdued than James and the rest of the copycats with his anger that made it easier to digest.
That and the fact that Bores won't say "shit" and "fuck" every 3 seconds are the reasons why, at some point, the Youtube management decided to prop him up big time like they now do with shitheads like Hamas Piker, Jew Klein and Horse Klein.
Bimmy and 10Incher were instead left in the dust crying, and that is where all the autistic hate for Bores stemmed from.
Well that and the fact that he copied a couple of Bimmy's originals when he started.

Old Black Man
Champion of Lawlhalla

Post by Old Black Man » Sun May 26, 2024 9:39 am

Didn’t he allegedly use footage from Bimmy’s Back to the Future review or something?

Also we all the superior AVGN clone is the game dude. He’s really rude.
I’m getting too old for this shitposting.

Complicity
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Complicity » Sun May 26, 2024 9:55 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sat May 25, 2024 10:52 pm
James never really had much to say. In fact a while ago he did a cameo in an Irate Gamer video
That event triggered BatDan's PTSD, with flashbacks of little boy BatDan walking on his father having sex with @Brulcifer on the marital bed.
BatDan's dad, on all fours, asshole filled with @Brulcifer, looked at him in the eyes and said:
"Whatcha lookin' at son? You are going to be a faggot too".
Old Black Man wrote:
Sun May 26, 2024 9:39 am
Didn’t he allegedly use footage from Bimmy’s Back to the Future review or something?
I believe he stole "jokes" and "criticism" from that review and another one - and he said "what a shitload of fuck!" like it was his catchphrase, the monster.