Movie Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Movie Thread

Post by Rushy » Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:57 pm

RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:59 pm
Star Drek JarJar was garbage. Deal.
You're garbage. So is your face..and your mama
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

RAPEMAN
Supreme Shitposter

Post by RAPEMAN » Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:32 pm

Rushy wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:57 pm
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:59 pm
Star Drek JarJar was garbage. Deal.
You're garbage. So is your face..and your mama
All true. But Star Drek JarJar is flaming pleb slop.
SpoilerShow
EVERY POST I HAVE EVER MADE HERE IS SATIRE. I DO NOT CONDONE NOR SUPPORT ANY OF THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED ON THIS FORUM.

CuckTurdginson

Post by CuckTurdginson » Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:34 am

The only thing Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol doesn’t improve upon MI3 is with the villain.

The action beats are better - the writing is better - that sequence where Cruise scales the Burj Khalifa and has to climb back down is still fucking spellbinding.

This has to be the greatest rebranding of an actor I can think of - Cruise went from a box office failure because he’s a psychopath to a box office success because he’s a psychopath. It’s terrific.
ebin namefag wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:06 am
I don't know when they divorced I just know that it's Brad's fault.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:50 am

But where is his character's strong female and overall empowered replacement?
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

TheManWithNoPlan

Post by TheManWithNoPlan » Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:54 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:50 am
But where is his character's strong female and overall empowered replacement?
Why have that when you could have a hot brunette love interest nearly half your age?

CuckTurdginson

Post by CuckTurdginson » Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:19 pm

I suppose that’s Hayley Atwell…but I’m not convinced they end the series after this next one.
Cruise isn’t Keanu - I don’t think he really gives a shit about the fact that he’s turning 62 and would still do crazy stunts for a while.
ebin namefag wrote:

JL Unlimited

Post by JL Unlimited » Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:43 am

CuckTurdginson wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:34 am
The action beats are better - the writing is better - that sequence where Cruise scales the Burj Khalifa and has to climb back down is still fucking spellbinding.

This has to be the greatest rebranding of an actor I can think of - Cruise went from a box office failure because he’s a psychopath to a box office success because he’s a psychopath. It’s terrific.
Brad Bird is a better Spielberg protégé than JarJar could ever be.
Guest wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:17 pm
You're a bunch of monkeys dancing for shekels. Dance and keep your pie holes shut, monkeys. Your dumbass opinions aren't wanted and aren't valid.

CuckTurdginson

Post by CuckTurdginson » Thu Feb 15, 2024 1:42 pm

Agreed entirely.

Mission Impossible - Rouge Nation. So Ghost Protocol was a strong reboot - more or less fixing the franchise. The biggest problem with movie five is it seems to be showing us a lot of what we already saw in movie four. The IMF gets dissolved, Ethan faces off against a rogue agent. The villain even is basically Spectre for the first 75%. Its a better Spectre movie than SPECTRE - but that's a low bar.

It goes in a different direction in the last quarter or so. It turns out diet Spectre was a cocked up plan by a UK bureaucrat to police the world and it went horribly wrong almost immediately, and most of the climax is Cruise outwitting the villain. The ultimate way he's arrested is a little anticlimactic, but not quite as bad as the ending of movie three.

The setpieces are all pretty exciting. The opening is good stuff, the car chase in Morocco is engaging - the motorcycle chase later. All of the action, with the exception of when he has to dive underwater - which overuses CGI and doesn't really feel tactile. I get that Cruise can't breathe underwater forever, but it could have been written to be done a different way.

Rebecca Ferguson is also hot as fuck and this movie gives her a lot to do.

Probably the weakest of the three post reboot movies that I've seen, but by no means bad.
ebin namefag wrote:

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Sun Mar 10, 2024 3:51 am

Dune Part 2 was really really good. Caught me offguard, actually, because I thought the first one was crap. And not for being half of the story or anything, it legitimately ignored so much of the novel's characterisation and worldbuilding.

This one makes up for that, has better visuals and superb action sequences. I even like some of the changes, like making Jessica more of a villain, Alia not being born yet and Chani being against Paul's crusade.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

RAPEMAN
Supreme Shitposter

Post by RAPEMAN » Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:44 pm

Did they mention the Butlerian Jihad or did they ignore that concept again - the whole reason people mutate themselves into living computers.
SpoilerShow
EVERY POST I HAVE EVER MADE HERE IS SATIRE. I DO NOT CONDONE NOR SUPPORT ANY OF THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED ON THIS FORUM.