Spirits

Shitpost central. Also known as the Ratfuck and Mucha containment board.
rabidtictac

Re: Spirits

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:11 pm

veris leta facies wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:25 pm
rabidtictac wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:22 am
Vodka is just whatever. It's the bog standard mixer alcohol. That's why you notice women drinking it a lot, and alcoholics drink it a lot too. You just mix it with some shit and drink it. Like how April will mix some shitty wine with honey and sugar and drink that garbage. Alcoholics and women like wine too btw. Alcoholics and women just throw vodka in with something that tastes good so they can get wasted. Good vodka doesn't taste like anything. That's why the best vodka imo is some shit like Svedka that is reasonably cheap but not super fucking nasty like some of the bottom-shelf vodkas and whiskeys are.
Nope. Good vodka isn't meant to be mixed with anything, it's meant to be tasted. Vodka martini is ok, vermouth and good vodka play nicely together. Bloody Mary can also be mellow drink now and then, but it's such a chore to make, almost like cooking. I used to drink screwdrivers but eventually I got disgusted by that orange taste in my mouth next morning. Vodka + Coke or some other soft drink is just nasty.

http://vodkaphiles.com/blog/how-to-taste-vodka/

Vodka is expensive here, that's why alcies here prefer cheapest beers, fortified wine or homemade wine.

Honey and wine? Sounds like orc mischief to me.
Ah, but I figured you'd be an expert on vodka since you disagreed. :lol: I'm generalizing about how vodka is viewed in burgerland. Hell, a lot of people who drink alcohol probably just drink either "beer" or "liquor" aka swiller macro Pabst Blue Ribbon or some basic bitch whiskey from the middle shelf.

See, vodka here is just some shit people put in a mixed drink. I mean, the most expensive vodka around here that people use for that *LUXURY STREET ALCOHOL CRED BIG BALLIN* is Grey Goose. But most of the time when people talk vodka, they put it in some shit. Or buy preflavored vodkas like how people buy those flavored rums.

Now those flavored rums and vodkas, that's some dangerous, because it tastes good and it's easy to drink a shitload without realizing how much you had. :lol:

Notwithstanding I still can't taste much with Vodka. It tastes like generic liquor with no flavor to me.

Alcoholics fucking love wine. It's super cheap, alcohol percentage is much higher than beer, they can mix it with gross shit like 7up or honey or whatever, and did I mention how cheap it is?
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:28 pm

I don't know if you've ever had a gin tonic but it's a wonderful combination. Both taste a lot different separately. Together, the tonic takes the edge from the gin and makes it taste less medicinal, the gin takes the intense bitterness from the tonic.

I used to be very much into whisky. I still like a good one and my favourite is Glendronach 18yr. Pure sherry cask aged.
Lately I prefer fruit spirits. It's a much more traditional German thing and you get fantastic spirits from distilleries here. It's quite hard to get a license for that so the ones that have one know what they are doing.
I have a super nice cherry spirit here. Kammer Kirsch Kirschwasser aged in Oloroso Sherry casks. 46% non-chill-filtered. It tastes like a good sherry cask wisky, just much better.
veris leta facies wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:08 am
Then there's an art how to drink and blaze simultaneously, but that's hidden knowledge. Amateurs will throw up and/or get completely fucked up. :mrgreen:
You tell me. I was at a friend after making this thread. Took one hit from the bong and was out cold. :lol:
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

Post by MegaNigger » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:40 pm

I just drink Jack. Because I hate myself.
-The user formerly known as CIANigger

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:23 pm

I had a gimlet a couple times, I think, but not a gin tonic.

Also, how much is that german spirits thing if you translate those into dollars? Is that some $2000 spirit or some shit?

Oh and CIA, I went to a bar specifically to try Jack and wasn't impressed myself. I have had all kinds of cheap whiskey and I liked most of them better than Jack Daniels. I'm talking $10 bottles of whiskey kind of whiskeys that I liked better than Jack Daniels. Evan Williams is one. I think the other was Black Velvet, which is a cheapo Cucknadian whiskey. Cucknadian whiskey in general is real cheap in the USA.

http://thewhiskeyjug.com/bourbon-whiske ... s-bourbon/
RAPEMAN wrote:

veris leta facies

Post by veris leta facies » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:27 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:11 pm
Ah, but I figured you'd be an expert on vodka since you disagreed. :lol: I'm generalizing about how vodka is viewed in burgerland. Hell, a lot of people who drink alcohol probably just drink either "beer" or "liquor" aka swiller macro Pabst Blue Ribbon or some basic bitch whiskey from the middle shelf.

See, vodka here is just some shit people put in a mixed drink. I mean, the most expensive vodka around here that people use for that *LUXURY STREET ALCOHOL CRED BIG BALLIN* is Grey Goose. But most of the time when people talk vodka, they put it in some shit. Or buy preflavored vodkas like how people buy those flavored rums.

Now those flavored rums and vodkas, that's some dangerous, because it tastes good and it's easy to drink a shitload without realizing how much you had. :lol:

Notwithstanding I still can't taste much with Vodka. It tastes like generic liquor with no flavor to me.

Alcoholics fucking love wine. It's super cheap, alcohol percentage is much higher than beer, they can mix it with gross shit like 7up or honey or whatever, and did I mention how cheap it is?
Nah, I'm not any vodka expert but I sure can distinct premium stuff from some cheapo disinfectant aroma liquor. I've never met anyone who have tasted this:

https://www.masterofmalt.com/vodka/russ ... a-russian/

or even Russian Standard Platinum Vodka and been like "Yeah, this tastes like any common bargain booze, better drink this one with Coke". If you think there really isn't any difference, you'll need more practise. :mrgreen: (Grey Goose is overpriced like hell. It's good stuff but that price is just marketing.)

Brits generally have bad taste about everything, but I pretty much agree with this top 10 list these British spirit experts came up with:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/foodanddrink ... -test.html

I have some sort of insight into the American drinking culture. People drink considerably less there than here (which is of course a good thing, our excessive drinking culture is the cause of many, if not most, of our social issues) and rarely drink hard liquor straight. Still, drinking is somewhat stigmatized there, possibly due that 21 drinking age and all the crazy laws like drinking out in public is not allowed etc.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:28 pm
veris leta facies wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:08 am
Then there's an art how to drink and blaze simultaneously, but that's hidden knowledge. Amateurs will throw up and/or get completely fucked up. :mrgreen:
You tell me. I was at a friend after making this thread. Took one hit from the bong and was out cold. :lol:
Shieet, and I have to be stone cold sober this whole weekend since I'm stuck with my waifu's relatives. Next weekend they'll all be out of the town tho and I already have a bottle of Glenmorangie and some good haze in my freezer waiting for me. It'll be like being a 16-year-old again when your parents leave for weekend and the house is all yours.
When passing through the Valley of Humiliation, slaves and dastards, exposing their sores, sob aloud for consolation and sympathy.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:35 pm

The €uro is barely worth more than the dollarino. So it's 25 bucks or something. But fruit spirits can get very expensive. Especially the French ones can go for ridiculous prices. The page I linked focuses on spirits made in German language nations, so mostly Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
My favourite fruits so far are cherry and plum. Most of the distilleries also make gin as that's the trendy thing right now. Fruit spirits are thought of as an old people thing but I think that may change in the future. Whisky is very overhyped right now and I'm sure that more people would venture to fruit spirits like I did if they only ever tried some good ones.
Something made from pears just plain tastes better than something made from grain.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:23 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:35 pm
Most of the distilleries also make gin as that's the trendy thing right now. Fruit spirits are thought of as an old people thing but I think that may change in the future.
I can see that happen. Jägermeister did the same thing with their bitters. Just make it hip and kewl for dem young folks.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:52 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:35 pm
The €uro is barely worth more than the dollarino. So it's 25 bucks or something. But fruit spirits can get very expensive. Especially the French ones can go for ridiculous prices. The page I linked focuses on spirits made in German language nations, so mostly Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
My favourite fruits so far are cherry and plum. Most of the distilleries also make gin as that's the trendy thing right now. Fruit spirits are thought of as an old people thing but I think that may change in the future. Whisky is very overhyped right now and I'm sure that more people would venture to fruit spirits like I did if they only ever tried some good ones.
Something made from pears just plain tastes better than something made from grain.
Isn't brandy basically a fruit spirit? I don't know what the difference is between some shit made from pears vs some shit made from grapes.

Anyway, brandy is great. Haven't tried many fruit spirits. It is definitely perceived as an old person thing and the availability isn't even close to what it is with other types of liquor here. When I got a liquor store, I see an entire wall for Whiskey + multiple displays. An entire wall for Rum. Almost an entire wall for Gin+Vodka and all flavored variations of vodka and white rum.

When I say "wall," I mean from one length of the store to the back end of the store.

For fruit spirits, brandy liquer, coffee liquor, whatever the fuck shit is all crammed into tiny corners around the building. The section for over-$100 whiskey is bigger than the fucking brandy section.

OH btw any of you nigs ever had uozu? That shit is amazing the first time you drink it, but then it turns into pure poison. I can't stand it now. :lol: But it's amazing the first time.
RAPEMAN wrote:

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:07 pm

The difference is that they actually taste like the fruit. I have two spirits made of a single kind of fruit and they taste exactly like the fruit. One apple spirit made entirely from Gala and one pear spirit made entirely from Clapps Liebling.

Fruit spirits are definitely not trendy but I still think they could be. Just two years ago nobody in Germany gave a fuck about gin and now it's everywhere in dozens of varieties. Whisky used to have a really bad time up until ten years ago, which you can see with all those distilleries in Scotland re-opening. The current boom is a fairly recent thing.

I've had Ouzo, which is what I guess you mean. Just like every other spirit made from anise I hate it. I really like anise but spirits from or with it are vile.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Auli

Post by Auli » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:35 pm

So... I'm dealing with Oxycodone (Morphine) withdrawals since I'm trying to get rid of it after being sick. It fucking sucks and I'm tense, can't relax and sleep is bad.

I've been thinking of maybe try some Whisky or something and have a drink in the evening to calm myself. I have NO idea what to buy, though. There's also the problem that I live in my parents' basement (yes, I'm a loser :D) and my dad had alcohol issues for some years and have been on the wagon for over a year. So I don't think my mom would approve me having a drink once in awhile.

But... I'm at the physiotherapist now on Thursday and the alcohol-store is across the street, So might test it out.

Anyone have tips for something that can calm you down? And not super expensive.
I'm in your bedroom, folding your clothes.