Movieblob

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: Movieblob

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:23 pm

Yup, it's French. Easy to think it would be Belgian, same language and it being where the European comic scene mostly was.

What about Tintin? You had those in the states? That's the other comic series my father has all issues of.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Sun Apr 04, 2021 3:08 pm

We had Tintin. It's pretty much dead here. They did an animated movie a few years ago that bombed.

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Sun Apr 04, 2021 3:42 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:23 pm
What about Tintin? You had those in the states?
They've tried to bring it over here a couple of times, but it never caught on. 99% of Americans have never heard of it.
お前はもう死んでいる。

Newhalf

Post by Newhalf » Sun Apr 04, 2021 3:46 pm

Haven't read it myself but you know it has promise because it was attacked for being "pro imperialistic" as well as "anti-soviet".
It's a trap!

Post by Guest » Sun Apr 04, 2021 3:50 pm

Most of these Euro comics never caught on in the States. Only foreign comics that have really captured the US market is the Japanese manga

Old Black Man
Champion of Lawlhalla

Post by Old Black Man » Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:42 pm

Tintin has a strong but small fan base here, I remember enjoying the animated movie alright.
I’m getting too old for this shitposting.

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:44 pm

Newhalf wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:54 pm
I might have no love for the french, but admittedly our very own rip-off of Asterix, called "Fritze Blitz und Dunnerkiel", was wholly inferior.
I remember that shit, we had some comic books with them and I have absolutely no idea where it came from, I think it was from my aunt in Netherlands for some reason, because it was in language we couldn't understand, but even the way it was drawn was really lame. Asterix has great writing (the old classic ones), but it's also really well drawn, so it's all around awesome package, but I remember those rip-offs just looking lazy.

Blessed are the shitposters, for they will be called children of the Sperg.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:47 pm

Newhalf wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:31 am
Can second, this movie is most amazing.
I triple that. The jokes. The pacing. The catchy music. Or little things like Brutus playing with his knive.
We had most books when I grew up, I think the only story I didn't really like / understand was something like "Asterix vs Feminism" and I can't even remember how it ended, but I do think that in the end they all got along again which would definitely be a more positive message than today's "one side has to be put down to elevate the other".
Oh, that one.
So some feminist from the progressive city tries to brainwash the village wenches. They first think she's crazy, but eventually start insisting to wearing pants.
The feminist also turns out to be a massive hypocrite as she kisses Asterix without his consent, which triggers a panic attack that causes him to put her in her place with a mighty pimp slap.
Meanwhile, the Romans' newest keikaku involes an all-female legion, hoping that the Gaulish gentlemen won't beat them up like they do with every legion. Unfortunately they didn't factor in the village bard (there's a frequent running gag of his singing being so bad that it triggers a downpour) and the lady legionnaires falling for the latest in Gaulish fashion.

I personally prefered the story where the Romans hire a guy with the super power of triggering the fuck out of everyone. He is my hero.
Guest wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 3:50 pm
Most of these Euro comics never caught on in the States. Only foreign comics that have really captured the US market is the Japanese manga
They where afraid of the quality comics from the Old World.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

BenComicGraphics

Post by BenComicGraphics » Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:56 pm

Guest wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 3:50 pm
The hipsters love V for Vendetta, Judge Dredd, and Marvelman.

Personally, I like Alessandro Barbucci's art.

Post by Guest » Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:58 pm

BenComicGraphics wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:56 pm
The hipsters love Judge Dredd
pls no bulli.