What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
rabidtictac

Re: What are you playing?

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:01 am

I remember the only impact weapon that was worth a damn in Native was the Morning Star. Impact weapons should have had some kind of +armor damage bonus. Some of the mods gave spears a big damage buff against horses, which worked out to be quite cool.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:22 pm

I guess if they had made it realistic people would've bitched about how swords are underpowered or something.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

FuckSploony

Post by FuckSploony » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:29 pm

So i kept playing FF Tactics, leveling up and gaining JPs with Focus&Chakra.... but this never ends, neveeeeer.

Im maxing out a couple of jobs already and more jobs keep popping up...

Most of my guys are Monks... i kept fundamentals to use Focus and give them extra STR and they just destroy, i buff 2/3 times before any enemy gets on range, and by that time i can use the shockwave attack to pretty much murder any stacks of enemies, or pummel or the hadoken thing... or the sweep.

And if in troubles just mass Chakra.

I do have a couple of Black Mages with Flare and Thundaga&Blizzaga&Firaga.

Any recommendation on what classes to use? So far is x3 Monks and x2 Black Mages.
And any recommendation on passive and movement skills?

Oh, i read about Black Knights... worth farming for them or not?

Also, my guys are really high level with the farming, random encounters scale which kinda sucks, but is this that bad or it doesnt matter in the end?

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:54 am

Kek, you can ride Monks until the mid or late game.

I recommend starting someone as a Thief. One of your Monks, so you can use Punch Art secondary. You'll lose some damage but it's a good idea to have somebody who can steal shit because certain items are ONLY obtained by stealing. If you equip brawler, you'll still have decent damage. Knives suck anyway.

Make sure to pick up the Poach skill as well. Can't remember if that's Thief or Archer but you want that so you can convert monsters into items. Some monsters turn into fucking sick items. But it's mostly late game ones. So again, something to think about later.

Since it sounds like you're not up against a wall or anything, I'll give some generic interesting builds.

Ninja with Punch Art secondary (aka Monk subclass)

This is a very easy class to make, it doesn't rely on equipment, you can set it up VERY early in the game and it wrecks. It's a bit of a glass cannon lategame when things start to one-shot you, but you can help some of that by giving him Blade Grasp (Shirahadori) from the Samurai class. The setup looks like this:

Throw
Punch Art
Shirahadori/Counter/Spam Potion When Hit
Brawler (whatever the one is that boosts barehanded damage)
Move+whateverthefuck

You do lose the focus/fundaments skill, but your barehanded damage goes through the roof and you can hit twice every turn, meaning massive fucking damage up close. Chakra is a dope-ass skill set and you can use your equipment like armor and shit to buff your physical stat pretty high with Bracers and shit.

So that's one build. It's viable through endgame and it fucking destroys shit.

I won't go as in-depth on other builds. You can do Ninja/Dragoon with Equip Spear to give yourself a super fast Mario jumping dude who can leap around and stab enemies. Works well.

Geomancer/Samurai is a very strong build. You have to understand that the Samurai skill set is based on your MAGIC stat. So any classes that can help you boost your magic stat are able to crank the shit out of Draw Out aka your samurai attacks. Black Mage/Samurai is actually pretty fucking strong. But this relies on having access to katanas, which limits the builds to midgame and later. The best samurai swords are mostly near endgame. Geomancer is a very strong end and midgame class regardless because it can equip shields and shields are fucking sick. Aegis Shield gives 50% magic avoidance. Combine with Shirahadori and you get 93% chance to avoid physical attacks and 50% to avoid magic attacks. Only certain skills can even hit you.

I don't give a shit about Black Knights. They're probably ok, but in all my hours I never unlocked them because fuck that's a lot of farming. Agrias and Cid are already fucking ridiculously OP and there are other special characters with special blade skills too. I certainly wouldn't bother farming black knights on more than 1 character.

For magic users, everyone will end up using Math Skill at endgame or postgame (it takes a long time to learn the skills you need and Calculator class sucks ASS as far as stats go), but Summoner and Time Mage are super fucking dope classes. Summoner is a class you take as a secondary, but Time Mage is just awesome all around. If you have Aga spells on your black mage(s), it's probably time to think about making Black Magic secondary and transitioning to a new class. If I were you, I'd put at least one dude in Time Mage, because Time Magic is super OP. Haste, Slow and Stop are the primary OP spells. Time Mages can keep Haste up on your entire party so you get even more turns and break the game even harder.

Oh and Oracle is a good class too. The skills aren't AS good, but their unique staff weapon deals damage based on your magic stat, so what you have is a magic-based class who can ACTUALLY DEAL DAMAGE with their attack button. The staff hits 2 squares away as well. They're consistent damage dealers and their skills inflict status ailments like Blind, Disable and Petrify (IIRC) which can be useful.

Level is irrelevant in FFT. I always have the same problem. If you encounter any human dudes while farming, it can be fun to steal their items because they'll probably be carrying better shit than you can buy thanks to their high level. : D

A basic rundown on classes:

Squire: Shit except for learning fundaments/focus/whatever it's called

Chemist: Shit except for autopotion and maybe throwing pheonix downs at undead

Black Mage: Breddy gud

White Mage: Breddy gud

Monk: Baller in the early game, good in mid game, drops off in late game but always stays good as a subclass

Archer: Fucking sucks ass

Samurai: Awesome for Shirahadori, but only magic-users get the full potential from its skills

Ninja: Kicks fucking ass

Knights: Kind of mediocre. Good in early game and ok in lategame thanks to Knight Swords and Shields. Skill set is fucking trash though.

Dragoon: Ok. Jump is very good and Equip Spear lets you Jump with any other class, so you aren't limited to the lackluster Dragoons themselves. Otherwise not a great class.

Summoner: Good. Summons are strong. Defense is like tissue paper, but Summons are worth learning as a subclass. Not a teeeeerrrrible main class, but not the best.

Time Mage: Very good. Time Magic is op as fuck. Good in early game, good in mid game, good in late game. Never stops being a great class. Amazing skills. Every magic user can benefit from time spent learning time mage skills. Haste, Stop and Slow can turn a battle around.

Oracle: Good. Mage class that can actually deal damage. Blind, Mute, Don't Act etc are good status effects to plague enemies with. Not quite as wimpy in combat as other magic users.

Orator: Worthless in early game, good in midgame, good in endgame. Basically this class is unusable until guns are introduced.

Calculator: Sucks balls as a class but you will want Math Skill fully unlocked so you can spam it as a subclass.

Dancer: Meh. I don't think it's worth it. Same for Bard. You get these classes very late and they aren't up to much. I think Dancer has a good skill or two for female characters, but that's endgame optimization shit, like using the Chantage perfume.

If I missed any, let me know.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:27 am

I feel really, really dumb but the Romulan Faction story managed to get me enternained enough to keep playing, it helps that the gameplay is decent enough that i manage to not get frustrated
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:55 pm

Calling it now: Divinity: Original Sin 2 will suck hard

Theyre already in censoring / damage control mode. I asked on the steam forums if this game would be fleshed out more than the first game because it was mostly the combat and first town that people liked in that game and the rest was dissappointing.
Got jumped by a shillsquad calling me troll and such and then when I told em this is not convincing me this game is better than the first and all I said was legit so you are doing a very bad job of shilling because most people on the fence about this game will have the same question.

Login steam 2 hours later and my topic is already deleted lol that is a very bad sign. Anyone here interested in the game I strongly recommend waiting till a sale that is 50% off or more or waiting for a reviewer you trust (are there any left?) to give his honest opinion about it.
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:59 pm

Never change, indie devs. Never change.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:12 pm

The Steam forums are home to the most appologetic faggots doing it for free ever. They actively seek out negative reviews and annoy you with dipshit questions that have nothing to do with the review. They will ask you again and again to reconsider. Go to the forums and even for a dead game there's going to be at least one fuckboy defending absolutely everything.
Remember "Next Car Game"? That shit that never finished and has up to ten months passing without an update or sign of life from the devs? That's fiercely defended on their forums. Fuck Steam forums!
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:20 pm

And on the other hand of the spectrum you have shit like when Dynasty Warriors 8 came to Steam and people were all like "This is called the 'Complete Edition', yet there is DLC to buy. I'm gonna sue your asses!"

(Koei game DLCs - and the games themselves - are overpriced as fuck, but that's beside the point. The game's name produced plenty of keks.)
-Yours Truly

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:08 pm

Would've been nice if the port wasn't utter shit, though.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!