Movieblob

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Movieblob

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:46 pm

Asterix is definitely for all ages. The kids just can't grasp the finer nuances, like the massive amount of butthurt the older Gauls get when you mention a certain place where they got their teeth kicked in by the Romans.

I'd also say it's a bit like One Punch Man because the protagonists are basically invincible most of the time (or all the time in case of Obelix). So when they say have to infiltrate the Roman foreign legion, they treat it like a vacation because the Romans can't really do anything to stop them.
Complicity wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:37 am
Another wall of verbal diarrhea written by an idiot who doesn't know what they are talking about.
Yeah, Asterix is so full of muh old stereotypes, never mind the fact that in the movie Asterix and the Big Fight the female characters are the only ones with fight scenes, and that there are no damsels in distress or subservient housewives in any story, and the women of the village not only are recurring characters, but their husbands (like the village chief) are lowkey completely cucked.
Asterix has never lacked in stronkness. The chauvinistic swines are just salty that most ladies in the comic aren't conventionally beautiful (because there are at most a handful of characters that were ever drawn in a realistic style) :roll:
Afaik that story is just a copy of a previous one in which Asterix and Obelix are forced to babysit a male millennial faggot who wanted to become a rockstar bard.
It also reminds me of that one story where the Romans kidnap some Hispanic kid that then proceeds to annoy the shit out of Romans and Gauls. Though that kid was a much more developed character.

This new new also did one where they meet the Picts, which had some suspiciously hyper-competent waifu.
A real shame. These new guys can deliver a somewhat authentic Asterix experience. That one with the chariot race across Italy was alright.

Though I will never forgive them for starting to draw the black guy of the pirates without red lips.
Old Black Man wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:32 am
A new character could be beneficial to a series but the moment the woke crowd starts rubbing it in everyone’s faces with their condescending attitude they immediately ruin it.
She's not a "new" character in the sense that she joins the recurring cast. She doesn't. The issue ends with her fucking off to a tropical island.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Old Black Man
Champion of Lawlhalla

Post by Old Black Man » Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:51 pm

Okay I’m sold on this, lots of good feedback.
I’m getting too old for this shitposting.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:26 pm

The twelve tasks is likely the movie I watched the most. Had it on recorded VHS and I watched it every time it was on TV. It still holds up amazingly.

My father had all the comics as well. Nobody cares for what was released after the original creators died, though.
It's over and that's quite alright. Nothing needs to go on forever.

Got time? Check it out right now!

SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Moe Bitches
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Moe Bitches » Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:55 pm

>has Youtube's screen shake option

Well, at least it's not like those pitch-shifted, zoomed in/cropped, mirrored, butchered, saturated, windowed mode methods uploaders use to work around copyright.
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:06 am
Shit like this is why satire is dead in currentyear.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:16 pm

Moe Bitches wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:55 pm
>has Youtube's screen shake option
Sorry. I replaced it with a better version. It wasn't apparent just by skimming.
You should be able to find a good one if you can Internet anyway.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Newhalf

Post by Newhalf » Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:31 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:26 pm
The twelve tasks is likely the movie I watched the most. Had it on recorded VHS and I watched it every time it was on TV. It still holds up amazingly.

My father had all the comics as well. Nobody cares for what was released after the original creators died, though.
It's over and that's quite alright. Nothing needs to go on forever.

Got time? Check it out right now!

Can second, this movie is most amazing.
I still hear a lot of stuff from it referenced often, such as getting the permit in the crazy office building.

We had most books when I grew up, I think the only story I didn't really like / understand was something like "Asterix vs Feminism" and I can't even remember how it ended, but I do think that in the end they all got along again which would definitely be a more positive message than today's "one side has to be put down to elevate the other".
It's a trap!

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:39 pm

I can't remember that one to be honest.
I went ahead and watched the movie again and its still great.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:12 pm

I don't think Asterix was ever published in the US in any form.
Marvel and DC had a monopoly on comic books in the 20th century and so all we got was domestic stuff, mostly capeshit.

The only Belgian comics that had any success here were The Smurfs.
お前はもう死んでいる。

Newhalf

Post by Newhalf » Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:54 pm

Wasn't Asterix and Oblix actually french and no belgian though?
I might have no love for the french, but admittedly our very own rip-off of Asterix, called "Fritze Blitz und Dunnerkiel", was wholly inferior.
Except for the name, I really like that one better.
It's a trap!

Post by Guest » Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:23 pm

Liar Revealed wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:12 pm
I don't think Asterix was ever published in the US in any form.
They were and are