Collapse of the West (Purge General Thread)

Shitpost about Trump, SJWs, Islam and everything else about politics except economics, because that's too hard
rabidtictac

Re: Collapse of the West (Purge General Thread)

Post by rabidtictac » Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:47 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:59 am
Bug farms are ultra expensive and difficult.
You'd have to eat several dozens of grasshoppers to get what a steak would give you. The whole "super dense in protein" shit is a complete lie.
Just look at the fucker. Lots of shell that doesn't do anything for you, guts that don't amount to much and are gross and that's basically it.
Compare that with a cubic centimetre of steak. That's not much but yields more protein than three grasshoppers. What would you rather eat?

Plus there is no magic. The grasshopper doesn't contain any nutrients it didn't consume at some point.
It eats a whole lot of both plants and animals.
The cow also eats a lot but much of that is grass, shit we spend no effort on growing at all and can't eat ourselves. Tons of their feed is just provided by sun and rain.
They ferment it, have bacteria grow in one of their stomachs and then sustain themselves via that bacteria sludge for protein.
Can you turn bacteria into usable protein? The cow can and then you can eat the cow.

Meanwhile, the grasshopper can't do that shit. Every single gram of protein in it is protein they ate you could've eaten instead.
If they were such hot shit and easy to keep, why doesn't the ISS have a bug farm on board?
And how the fuck are you even going to gut or clean bugs? Answer: you won't. Because doing so will destroy the bug and leave you with a mess of bits that evaporate into dust.

The cultures that eat bugs are not farming them for food. They're finding them. Usually in big masses as part of some explosive breeding period. Or maybe as part of traditional medicine.

Bug farming (for human consumption) would be a big waste of money to produce a protein source that a) tastes bad b) has a bad reputation c) is inferior to other protein alternatives and d) looks unappetizing. Primitive survivalist communities HARVEST bugs, but they don't FARM bugs. When you're hungry, you'll stick anything in your mouth. But if you're making the decision about what to farm, you'll choose breadfruit, legumes, grains, goats, sheep, chickens, basically anything except bugs.

And who the hell wants a farm where your crop can be destroyed by a stiff breeze or a few birds breaking in?

Then there's the matter of all the processing needed (basically fossil fuel use) to render a pile of gross bugs into a flat, mediocre patty for Movieblobs to consoom. Is that even worth the expense?
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Post by Guest » Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:30 am

Nobody on DHI has ever been on a date.
Jews should stick to farming bugmen.

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:07 am

Guest wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:30 am
Lies. When I was young and stupid, I went on a couple of dates. They varied between okay-ish and downright mediocre.

Since then, however, you're absolutely right I don't waste.time courting women for a date. It's definitely not worth the time away from doing anything else, even my goddamn taxes.

Post by Guest » Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:30 am

Le Redditeur wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:07 am
Guest wrote:
Lies. When I was young and stupid, I went on a couple of dates. They varied between okay-ish and downright mediocre.

Since then, however, you're absolutely right I don't waste.time courting women for a date. It's definitely not worth the time away from doing anything else, even my goddamn taxes.
How in the fuck did you become so fucking miserable? Help me understand this process

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:00 am

Guest wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:30 am
Le Redditeur wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:07 am
Guest wrote:

How in the fuck did you become so fucking miserable? Help me understand this process
Life happened.

Post by Guest » Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:08 am

How could a life without women be miserable?

Post by Guest » Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:23 am

Guest wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:08 am
How could a life without women be miserable?
There'd be no sammiches

Post by Guest » Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:26 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:50 pm
There had to be something wrong for them to consider a vegan diet in the first place.
They fell for the propaganda. We're told we should go vegan because it's healthier and helps the environment and it's literally neither of those things.

Post by Guest » Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:02 am

Guest wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:30 am
Speak for yourself, simp. Life becomes a helluva lot less miserable when you realize the folly of trying to fill the void with nags and whores. You miss out on 15-30 minutes of pleasure but spare yourself a lifetime of headaches. They're no longer worth the trouble.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:08 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:47 am
Is that even worth the expense?
No. Energy in, energy out. What you save in space due to the animal being smaller you make up by having to eat more and farm land to grow their feed.

We can process almost every part of conventional farm animals into food or other useful products, even their shit, have several breeds for every environment humans live in, thousands of years of experience keeping them and end up with vastly superior products and thousands of varieties.

If bug farms are that efficient, why do bags of baked locusts cost a fucking fortune?
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!