What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: What are you playing?

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:02 am

I'd say it also has one of the more elegant excuses for why you have to start the sequel from scratch.

"Remember your cool endgame gun and tank from last game? Turns out their energy system wasn't mean for long-term use. Whoops."

(Incidentally, your tank regenerates energy differently now, and some of your shots - especially the last one - will weaken if you spam them too much without pause.)
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Old Black Man
Champion of Lawlhalla

Post by Old Black Man » Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:52 am

Kenshi is interesting but not worth the price tag.
I’m getting too old for this shitposting.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:19 am

That was my impression of it as well without even playing.

I'm playing weebshit right now. Nothing too notable. I'll probably buy Nioh 2 eventually, since it's cheap.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Old Black Man
Champion of Lawlhalla

Post by Old Black Man » Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:46 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:19 am

I'm playing weebshit right now. Nothing too notable. I'll probably buy Nioh 2 eventually, since it's cheap.
It’s so goddamned slow, and the whole “well you get beat up but get tougher” is bullshit. More than often you get mortally wounded and slowly die unable to even move. I used mods to boost the exp gain and now it’s a little more bearable, but I don’t feel much desire to do anything. It’s just harvest ore, sell to shops, hope shops have material you need for research and building, repeat. Plus the combat is way too janky, like the animations are slow and incredibly awkward, doesn’t play like Diablo as one reviewer claimed.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:14 pm

Don't forget that you can also buy a house which you then turn into a tailor shop because that's like the safest way to make money.

And what kind of reviewer came up with a Diablo comparison?
A more accurate comparison would be Dungeon Siege I guess, but even then they ar eonly similar because you control blokes with an inventory and stats that go up as they do shit.

What it actually is is some kind of RTS with a lil' bit of Dwarf Fortress, so you can just "create" new units and have to babysit your peons every step of the way.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Complicity

Post by Complicity » Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:24 pm

The only review you need:

I haven't played the game yet, but i suppose the point is not to lvl up, but to have a larger army.

Guestfag

Post by Guestfag » Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:53 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:19 am

If you mean PC version, then wait. They fucked the game with last patch and crashes like mad. They are working on the patch, so I would wait until it lands and see if they fixed this shit.

Old Black Man
Champion of Lawlhalla

Post by Old Black Man » Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:03 pm

I did find cool xenomorph and arachnid from Starship Troopers mods, playing as a devouring swarm of bugs could potentially be fun in the game. I did install some mods for things like exp boost and better combat, once I get to the point where I don’t get beaten and sodomized every time I set foot outside the city I’ll explore the world.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:12 pm

Complicity wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:24 pm
I haven't played the game yet, but i suppose the point is not to lvl up, but to have a larger army.
Pretty much. I mean, you could train like crazy, try to find top tier weapons and armor ... or just get more guys, which you can find in any settlement you come across.
If you're alone, you will probably sooner or later run into a group of enemies that's too tough for you (very likely infact considering NPCs can be just as tough with you and usually the gear to match). So just have more guys.

Plus more people means you can just build and defend your own turf.
-Yours Truly

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:50 pm

I'd rather play vanilla fallout than kenshi because the former seems way less AIDS.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome