Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
casual pleb

Re: The Angry Video Game Cuck

Post by casual pleb » Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:51 pm

Ihatebradjones wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:33 pm
Guest wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:21 pm
Anybody remember when James was sort of trying to move on from the AVGN and did that would-be replacement new show, "Overanalizers", or something like that? This band thing looks worse, and much, much sadder.
That's what is so strange about this. He's fed up with AVGN and doesn't care about games, moves on to something he's seemingly passionate about. And it turns out to be songs about video games. WTF?
He still wants to keep making money, so he needs to cater to his audience, I suppose, no one would listen to that crap if it was just a random song.

Post by Guest » Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:14 pm

Most punchable lead singer ever.

And James just outright murders innocent people over vidya games now?

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:24 pm

Oh god, it's here, I was on the edge of my seat when they announced it, then I forgot about it, but now I'm reminded again and I have the highest expectations! I'm going to take a look.
Guest wrote:
Anybody remember when James was sort of trying to move on from the AVGN and did that would-be replacement new show, "Overanalizers", or something like that? This band thing looks worse, and much, much sadder.
It was pure shit, but it wasn't even his project. That's why you can't find it on his channel if I'm not mistaken.

Now Ass Wiper, that's 100% pure James and his midlife crisis.

Blessed are the shitposters, for they will be called children of the Sperg.

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:25 pm

Liar Revealed wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:24 pm
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:17 pm
Guest wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:23 pm
Better or worse than Demo Reel?
It was a bunch of fat fucks talking about asinine shit. Kinda like those overly-long improv scenes from Fembusters, except with less talk about vaginas.
Overanalyzers and Demo Reel both had the problem. The concepts were both fundamentally and fatally flawed from the start.

"There's these guys that overanalyze stuff" - OK, but why?
"There's these guys that go about remaking movies" - Again, why?

If a show can't make the premise clear to the audience, they won't buy it.
The premise behind Demo Reel was that Doge was a failed movie director wannabe who wanted to "remake" the classics with a shoestring budget and a crew of retards (so, basically, an "ironic" version of Channel Awesome itself). That premise could work if made by people with actual talent for comedy and writing.

Ihatebradjones

Post by Ihatebradjones » Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:31 pm

casual pleb wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:51 pm
He still wants to keep making money, so he needs to cater to his audience, I suppose, no one would listen to that crap if it was just a random song.
Yeah, but there's thousands of popular songs that don't involve video games he could use. I thought this was a passion project, but I guess he is just making music he isn’t invested into to make more money.
"Brad looks like a cancer patient" Lordkat from his Pop Quiz Hotshot riff.

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:34 pm

Le Redditeur wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:25 pm
The premise behind Demo Reel was that Doge was a failed movie director wannabe who wanted to "remake" the classics with a shoestring budget and a crew of retards (so, basically, an "ironic" version of Channel Awesome itself).
Yes, but why? Does Donny DuPree actually make a living doing that somehow? How? They never explained this.

They treated Demo Reel like a sitcom. We're supposed care about these characters and their situation, yet the "sit" in this sitcom doesn't work.

Like, maybe Doge could have made a spoof of The Asylum and how mockbusters are made. But the production values were shit, the writing was shit, the characters were shit, and the acting was shit.
お前はもう死んでいる。

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:35 pm

Well. I've seen the masterpiece, and as expected, it's not worth the hype. It's not... the worst thing ever, but I don't think the song is very good at all, it's just a very lukewarm variation of Power of Love, done worse, and a weird mashup of Back to the Future soundtrack. It's not awful (I actually wish it was), but there is no point in listening to it, unsurprisingly, they don't even try. The lead singer is strangely quiet in the song, so the sound mixing is peak 2005 "I'm trying things" quality.

And it would be fine for bunch of guys just doing something in their freetime, if it wasn't for James and his fucking cuckface. Is he trying to be IRL Ace Ventura or something? You balding faggot, you don't have to make autistic face every time you look into a camera!

Cuckery:

And I'm the person who likes a good mashup from time to time. I think this actually works pretty good, but that's done by actual musician and not a youtube guy and his slobs:

Blessed are the shitposters, for they will be called children of the Sperg.

Ihatebradjones

Post by Ihatebradjones » Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:08 pm

James loves grimacing for whatever reason. In the movie he kept making those expressions with that gaping mouth and frown all the time. He is very much like Doge in that regard, using bizarre Jim Carrey-ish faces to emote.
"Brad looks like a cancer patient" Lordkat from his Pop Quiz Hotshot riff.

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:18 pm

Liar Revealed wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:34 pm

Like, maybe Doge could have made a spoof of The Asylum and how mockbusters are made. But the production values were shit, the writing was shit, the characters were shit, and the acting was shit.
That explains why Demo Reel failed miserably, despite having a workable premise. Unlike James and the fatsos who had a stupid premise to being with, which itself was blatantly stolen from RLM.

Post by Guest » Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:35 pm

Guest wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:23 pm
Guest wrote:
Better or worse than Demo Reel?
See for yourself: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOPeSGC ... A321B25083

For my money, it may be the worst thing ever made by humans, ever.