Weebshit Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Old Black Man
Champion of Lawlhalla

Re: Weebshit Thread

Post by Old Black Man » Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:58 am

Liar Revealed wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:13 pm
I just hate it when normies only sample a few shows and then act like they know everything about anime. They just watch the few anime shows that broadcast on cable TV, in dubbed and censored form.

Just look at Doge Walker. He's exactly the kind of idiot normie I'm talking about. Says anime is terrible except for Cowboy Bebop and the Ghibli Films (because they're released by Disney here.) Just watch his very ignorant review of Sailor Moon. He's only seen a handful of anime and acts like he's an expert.

Normies call Hayao Miyazaki the Walt Disney of anime, when that title should go to Osamu Tezuka.
See you get it. Doge would watch any mecha anime and claim it’s a rip off of Transformers. To most people anime is genre and not a medium, comparing something like Angel Cop to Dragon Ball would be like saying Chinatown and Happy Gilmore are the same type of film.

Others like Blob would be even denser, imagine him watching Jin-Roh, missing the whole aspect of moral/political ambiguity, and then proclaiming that it’s about anti fascism and could be remade in Detroit with a black cast.
I’m getting too old for this shitposting.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:57 am

Miyazaki is legit some of the most overrated weebshit in existence. I think the only movies of his I enjoyed were Kiki's Delivery Service (a wholesome little orphan annie-type movie for kids and adults) and My Neighbor YouGayBro (wholesome movie for kids.) The other shit sucked or was mediocre.

I've never understood what made the average miyazaki movie better than, say, Steamboy.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Old Black Man
Champion of Lawlhalla

Post by Old Black Man » Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:47 am

Steamboy wasn’t bad from what I remember. I like the movie Metropolis (not the german flick) a lot too, it’s got a similar look.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:46 am

There is no confusing regarding this here in Germany, for the Metropolis animu had to be renamed Robotic Angel. Apparently whoever owns the license for the klessik movie didn't want its name to be tarnished by japanimation (the manga never made it over here, afaik).

And ah, Steamboy. Got it in some DVD collection that also included Memories and Tokyo Godfathers (my actual reasons for buying the collection). A fun little pulp romp. Pretty cute waifu, too. Plus the steampunk was actually tolerable (I can't stand steampunk most of the time).
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Old Black Man
Champion of Lawlhalla

Post by Old Black Man » Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:47 am

That’s interesting, makes sense too. I like the Metropolis manga a lot, and the movie is gorgeous in high quality. I saw a blu ray for $5 but didn’t snag it, it’d be a worthy addition to the collection.

Anyone here ever watch Saikano? The ultra depressing series about the weaponized girl bringing about the apocalypse?

JL Unlimited

Post by JL Unlimited » Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:10 pm

Liar Revealed wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:13 pm
Normies call Hayao Miyazaki the Walt Disney of anime, when that title should go to Osamu Tezuka.
rabidtictac wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:57 am
Miyazaki is legit some of the most overrated weebshit in existence. I think the only movies of his I enjoyed were Kiki's Delivery Service (a wholesome little orphan annie-type movie for kids and adults) and My Neighbor YouGayBro (wholesome movie for kids.) The other shit sucked or was mediocre.
Hayao Miyazaki Is the Chuck Jones of anime. Critics love to gush about their greatest hits (Duck Amuck), but completely ignore how mediocre their overall filmography is. Also, their mentor’s filmography is arguably better.

Guest wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:17 pm
You're a bunch of monkeys dancing for shekels. Dance and keep your pie holes shut, monkeys. Your dumbass opinions aren't wanted and aren't valid.

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:22 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:57 am
I think the only movies of his I enjoyed were Kiki's Delivery Service (a wholesome little orphan annie-type movie for kids and adults) and My Neighbor YouGayBro (wholesome movie for kids.)
I liked much of his 20th century work, at least on some level. Then he got George Lucas syndrome and started to believe he was some sort of genius. Nobody was allowed to tell him no.
I can't stand any of his 21st century stuff at all. Also, his son Goro is a complete no-talent hack that only became a Ghibli director due to nepotism.
お前はもう死んでいる。

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:53 pm

The new stuff sounds boring as shit, tbh.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Nobue

Post by Nobue » Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:43 pm

I just remember the guy in Saikano slapping his girlfriend a lot and looking 40. Am I remembering wrong?

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:16 am

That's just your childhood trauma of your father abusing your mother you're mentally romanticising.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!