Cyberpunk 2077 train wreck general

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
Guestfag

Re: Cyberpunk 2077 train wreck general

Post by Guestfag » Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:51 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:38 pm
And that's because game companies have no interest in pushing boundaries on gameplay. The big money is spent on actor likenesses and visuals. Maybe some for soundtrack licensing. But gameplay? Fuck that! Give them the same old skinnerbox bullshit they got twenty years ago! That's good enough for those mouth-breathers!
You forgot biggest driving force that nowadays is at least half of the total budget - marketing.
^This right here is why I find so many (((new))) games tiresome. I think the only souls knockoff that felt like its own thing was Nioh, and that more because it was a bizarre tripartite cobbling-together of Nigga Gaiden, Souls and Diablo.
Well, there are some new things that are cool, but it's damn shame it doesn't go anywhere else (nemesis system from Middle Earth games).
But why they have to improve or try new things, when market clearly doesn't want it? Consoom and shut the fuck up! Look at them GRAPHICS! And that's enough to sell shit.
Didn't Nioh also share some DNA with Bushido Blade? And yet to think here, last game with playing with stances and not heavy/light attack was... Jedi Academy. Fuck me.
[/quote]
Angelfire Memes wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:33 pm
I don't believe the paying for reviews/access thing goes on, that's lazy brainlet thinking. After all the console ports got absolutely slaughtered by critics, even ign gave it a 4/10 I think. No company would pay for a port of their game to get shit on just to lend credibility to the pc version lmao. But I do think companies influence and pressure reviewers by hassling them whenever they give negative reviews, in fact I know it happens. What does happen is that reviewers get swept up with the hype like fanboys and overlook massive crippling problems with the game because muh CDPR-sama wouldn't lie to me, surely it's just a bug that will be fixed on release. That almost certainly happened here.
Then don't, even if GG started because of that fucking reason.
Also, let me remind you with The Trans of Ass 2 that most important are opening sales. In first weekend it sold like mad and after that... 80-90% drop.
Here, with balloon pumped so fucking big, it was for their BENEFIT to delay shit console reviews.
Fact alone that jurnos had no issue with footage embargo and forcing them to use cdpr cucks pre-made footage to use shows very, very hard denial on your side and how wrong you are.
And I don't feel like sharing personal or close stories about reviews, because nobody cares and it's smaller field (music), so I will just say IGN cucks and other fucks are happy for you to believe they have any dignity or integrity, even when they spit on your face with using other footage then their own and being ok with it.

Post by Guest » Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:24 pm

b-baysed Aussie?!

Angelfire Memes

Post by Angelfire Memes » Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:08 pm

Guestfag wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:51 pm
REEEEEE
Gamergate fags never change lol. Have sex, lad.

Post by Guest » Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:13 pm

Angelfire Memes wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:08 pm
Guestfag wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:51 pm
REEEEEE
Gamergate fags never change lol. Have sex, lad.
I like how you have nothing to say after showing how fucking wrong you are and all you have to say is talk about your lack of sex life, because that's the only thing that has value in your life.
Kudos to you, although I didn't know this site was about that, I've thought soy cucks were on reddit :evil:
But now at least it's well known soy is everywhere and you can't run from it. Fuck.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:38 pm

Gameplay innovation is fucking dead. All we're left with are very open and shameless ripoffs of older games ("Dark Souls in 2D! Dark Souls in 3.5D! Dark Souls with ninja! Dark Souls with pirates! Dark Souls with clowns!").
YOu might think that gameplay becomes more polished, but it usually gets dumbed down to attract more normies.

And why even create something new and innovative if you can just claim you did? This usually happens with open world games that promise an ever more living world with NPCs that have real goals and needs.
Angelfire Memes wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:46 pm
Nioh was good shit. Apparently Mortal Shell adds something to the formula too but I haven't played it.
Code Vein lets you be a Soviet waifu with a gas mask. I don't see how you'd ever want any other Souls clone.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:41 pm

Angelfire Memes wrote:
I don't believe the paying for reviews/access thing goes on, that's lazy brainlet thinking.
You're insanely naive if you don't think that's an actual thing to some degree.
Guest wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:24 pm

b-baysed Aussie?!
If Nintendo made that game he would be defending it to his 12 year old audience.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Angelfire Memes

Post by Angelfire Memes » Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:04 pm

mad bum wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:41 pm
Angelfire Memes wrote:
I don't believe the paying for reviews/access thing goes on, that's lazy brainlet thinking.
You're insanely naive if you don't think that's an actual thing to some degree.
It's more complicated than just bribing reviewers. But I think the shady stuff that goes on comes from publishers - as in CDPR refusing to release review copies early, and lying about missing features being little bugs that they'll patch out - rather than the reviewers. The big reviewers are just consoomers who naively take it all.

Review scores are basically meaningless now anyway. No idea why anyone gets assblasted about them. Virtually every game scores a minimum of 7/10 anyway.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:27 pm

Review scores only really exist to trigger flame wars over whether or not [Latest Entry In Beloved Video Game Franchise] really deserved a 94/100 instead of a 95/100.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:38 pm

Angelfire Memes wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:04 pm
The big reviewers are just consoomers who naively take it all.
They are but they also have a vested interest to kiss ass so they don't get blacklisted.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Guestfag

Post by Guestfag » Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:00 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:38 pm
Angelfire Memes wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:04 pm
The big reviewers are just consoomers who naively take it all.
They are but they also have a vested interest to kiss ass so they don't get blacklisted.
As well as get marketing/advertisment money. When score is below good threshold and not what publisher "expected", you get the boot like Jeff Gerstmann to save your face in publishers' eyes :lol: :lol: :lol: