Books

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Books

Post by Le Redditeur » Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:38 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:48 pm
I don't really read/watch Slice-of-Life, for I have already experienced the best the genre has to offer.
Ah, it's your lost, my dear Reich weeb. There's nothing better than a cute slice of life to lighten up the day, even if it wasn't written by Azuma-sensei
SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow

Complicity

Post by Complicity » Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:59 am

da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:36 am
"I don't recall kidnapping, raping and killing the little girl in my basement, Your Honour" - the picture

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:32 am

Trying to find good translations for chink media is a real chore.
SpoilerShow
I should just learn chinese for when winnie finishes taking over the world.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:38 am

Complicity wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:59 am
"I don't recall kidnapping, raping and killing the little girl in my basement, Your Honour" - the picture
"I would also let it known that my repeated listening of Goodbye Horses - from the iconic 90s movie The Silence of the Lambs, btw - has nothing to do with anything."
Le Redditeur wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:38 am
Ah, it's your lost, my dear Reich weeb. There's nothing better than a cute slice of life to lighten up the day, even if it wasn't written by Azuma-sensei
>Hyouka

Slice-of-Life and mystery? Already sounds way too busy.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:55 pm

Double-post for cultural enrichment.

So it has come to my attention that HBO is interested in adapting Qualityland into a series, no doubt in an attempt to find their next Game of Thrones.
I don't think this will be a particularly authentic adapation, since I personally consider it requiring a too high IQ too silly for Burger tastes (the titular "Qualityland" is Germany after rebranding itself in a daring PR campaign), but I can see why they'd be interested in it, for it features a dystopian future that is much more likely to happen than any gay cyberpunk future.
SpoilerShow
  • Everyone has a "level", which is pretty much the Chinese Social Credit System if that system also lets you legally hack shit like traffic lights about once per week
  • Everyone's stuck in a filter bubble, to the point that political parties would make contradicting promises and ad campaigns for different people, which nobody really notices since Not-Facebook and Not-Tinder only recommend people that fit into your bubble
  • The almighty algorithms dictate your everyday life. Not-Amazon will even make orders for you, whether you actually need it not
  • Pretty much everyone is a self-absorbed asshole
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:22 pm

Would you recommend the book?
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

CuckTurdginson

Post by CuckTurdginson » Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:09 pm

More importantly - does it have waifus
ebin namefag wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:06 am
I don't know when they divorced I just know that it's Brad's fault.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:13 pm

You will probably be triggered - or aroused - by the presence of a hacker lady of probably Turkish descent (who will no doubt be played by a sassy black lady in the HBO version). This is science-fiction, after all :lol:
The protagonists are also in varying shades of being left-leaning, but the book isn't particularly optimistic about fighting the system.
SpoilerShow
In fact they accomplish fuckall at the end besides some meaningless likes on Not-Twitter by people who will probably have forgotten about all of this next month or so.
Turns out it's not easy to change anything if a handful of MegaCorps control everything, just like in IRL
Bottom line: You probably want The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy for something more funny and with less pottery regarding the depressing development of the internet in Current Year.
-Yours Truly

CuckTurdginson

Post by CuckTurdginson » Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:15 pm

How much will the sassy black lady weigh?

anything less than 350 pounds and I will not fap.
ebin namefag wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:06 am
I don't know when they divorced I just know that it's Brad's fault.

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:20 am

The HOBO spin will probably be that globo homo centralized control of the internet is a good thing™ or some horseshit like that.