Youtube

Talk about the internet itself instead of people.
Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Youtube

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:25 am

And why would even want to use the app volume, instead of the more convenient way of simply clicking on the volume button on the side of your phone? It never occured to me (and I'm guilty of watching jewtube on phone a lot) to make this more difficult by finding one of the tiny icons inside the video player and adjusting volume that way.

If anything, the search stuff is infinitely worse issue, since nowdays it really agressively tries to just recommend you shit and doesn't care much about what you're actually trying to look for. I despise that just like the way google does things nowdays - it's really difficult to find stuff you're actually looking for, unless it's popular or recent. Ten years ago, I didn't think we would go back when it comes to the ability of search engines, we are actively regressing.

Blessed are the shitposters, for they will be called children of the Sperg.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:12 pm

And aggressively so. For some things you need to use an obnoxious amount of exclusions before you get any usable result.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:52 pm

Some Sick Fuck wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:25 am
And why would even want to use the app volume, instead of the more convenient way of simply clicking on the volume button on the side of your phone?
It's quicker for when you need to mute a video, instead of sliding the volume on the phone until mute. Also, I may want to silence the video while keeping other sounds on the same level. The fact is, there is no reason NOT to have the volume control on the player itself.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:14 am

I could swear muting your volume before starting a video does fuckall, since at least Android seems to differentiate your video volume from your regular system volume.

But it's such a user-friendly and integrated experience, isn't it :roll: ?
Kugelfisch wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:12 pm
And aggressively so. For some things you need to use an obnoxious amount of exclusions before you get any usable result.
All plant of the greater keikaku. By controlling your search results they are controlling your knowledge.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:01 am

The Google bubble is well known. I don't much see the point for YT, thought. I want to watch something, presumably there are ads on the video, so just let me watch what I want.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:33 am

They just want to get ad money and brainwash people at the same time.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:58 pm

I'm pretty sure the vast majority of Youtube traffic is for music videos anyway. Polidicks is completely irrelevant for their business model, that's why they can virtue signal at will and delete as many "problematic" channels as they want.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:59 pm

The only politics they want is the curated shit from our dear friends of the mainstream.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:18 pm

Le Redditeur wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:58 pm
I'm pretty sure the vast majority of Youtube traffic is for music videos anyway.
Why the fuck should I watch some sperg ranting about the Left if I can instead watch Miku Nyango Star JAM Project?
-Yours Truly

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:45 pm

great video on the subject: