Spoony the Pussy One: Life is in the Render Queue

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about

Re: Spoony the Pussy One: Life is in the Render Queue

Post by Guest » Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:55 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:56 pm

Spoony doesn't seem bipolar to me. He's never "up" and he never does anything.
His "epic rant" where he ranted for hours and hours seems pretty manic to me. Bipolar 2 is one of the few diagnoseses I could buy.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... girLp39c_r

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:04 pm

Don't think he's manic-depressive. He just has impotent rage about not being a Hollywood actor already.
Also I feel his supposed mood swings on twitter are too deliberate. He's just either smug or sad depending on the situation.
Newhalf wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:36 am
Get wasted on vodka and barbiturates after feebly kicking a Christmas tree.
Break a branch on your nearest tree, but never fully rip it off.
Angelfire Memes wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:48 pm
I would like Orange Man's last act in the office to be authorising a surgical drone strike on Rachel's house. Literally no one would complain.
I dunno, I kinda like her other roommate. She and her sons seem to be the life of the party.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:11 pm

Drunken ranting isn't manic. Spoony's behavior is more like an autistic fixation or triggering an alcoholic while they're on a bender. Notice how he's only "manic" in twatter posts or recorded videos, and only when he's talking about dumb nerdshit nobody could care about? If he were a real manic, he'd build shit, work a 12 hour shift with overflowing energy or fuck April for an entire day. Clearly, none of those things ever happened.

Just laying around the house all day like he does should build up excess energy that would require burning off. He's not THAT old. But the lack of any such evidence of excess energy suggests he pumps himself full of downers. Depression is the only one of his various illness-excuses I'd buy.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Post by Guest » Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:06 am

Dr. Insano is basically this Mad TV character with a lab coat and those glasses with swirls in them that have been in manga and anime forever.

Post by Guest » Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:08 am

> I'm a glutton for punishment mental or otherwise (comes with the territory of being an abuse survivor).

Newhalf

Post by Newhalf » Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:11 am

'Mad Scientist' is a stock character, and Noah did nothing much to add to it.
The question is, did anyone ever think it was an original idea? Could be. Just to me that thought never occurred.
It's a trap!

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:07 am

It was supposed to be a throwaway joke character because of Edea's ridiculous world domination ploy in FF8. But like all Channel Awesome throwaway jokes, it quickly became an obnoxious, repetitive recurrent "joke" with autistic lore attached to it.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:57 am

I'm sure Linkara came in his pants at the prospect of having a villain that wasn't just him in a different outfit.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Newhalf

Post by Newhalf » Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:43 am

Oh yeah, I remember that bit in FF8 review.. For some reason I thought the Insano character pre-dated the review.
Not the popular opinion but I had liked that review since VIII isn't really my favorite either by far, even though if probably for different reasons. He ranted too much about the guys defending the "magic draw" system since I thought he did a good job showing the experience of a first time player who doesn't necessarily know better ways yet to get and stockpile magic spells and thus draws them one-by-one in every fight against a new enemy.

Have to say though, even back then I did wonder if he actually fully played the game through since he did not mention the two biggest roadblocks that I had problems with, not even with a single word.
One being the weird immortal blob monsters on board the 'Ragnarok' ship (or was it a space station?) that are a couple of boss fights which must be fought in the correct order (either by color or size, I still don't know for sure) before the whole thing can be resolved.
The other thing was a fight after invading an enemy garden and actually come across Edea with Rinoa partially absorbed into her. The fight is lost if she dies, so you have to reign in powerful summon AOE attacks, and Edea also can absorb health from Rinoa to herself, so it becomes a DPS beatdown race unless you constantly heal the Rinoa part (at least I think that'd work). Being not properly prepared is a bit of an issue since you can't leave the garden, it has no shops or inns, only a save point, and for some reason I will never understand, all the random encounters within it yield absolutely no experience.

Sure, Spoopy might have glossed over those encounters because he just didn't have anywhere nearly as much trouble with them than I did. Not plausible, looking back now, but also not impossible. That fight with Edea though is a bit of a plot point so why wouldn't he even mention it in passing?
It just seems he lost interest in doing it near the end when he brought Insano back in to do this "time compression" joke/gimmick (?) to just fast forward through the rest of the story, as if he had some other guy's Let's Play open and just skipped through and took notes.
I wouldn't be surprised if that's what he did from about the game's half-way point.
It's a trap!

Post by Guest » Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:21 pm

Isn't FF8 the one where you aren't supposed to level up because the bosses level up too? God, that game was impossible for me. Basically quite at the beginning of the final disc because even basic monsters were one-hitting me like mofos.