What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: What are you playing?

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:30 am

"Kiwami" basically means "Extreme" and seems to be popular for remakes and updated re-releases, if these Yakuza titles and Toukiden Kiwami are any indication.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:03 pm

I haven't played the latest one. But since it's so different, I don't think it's a good first game if you want to see what the deal is.
0 is a great start. You're not thrown into the middle of a story, it's cheap and it runs well.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Bobito

Post by Bobito » Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:43 pm

The problem I had with 0 is the amount of side bullshit you must do to unlock more moves or upgrade your stats, I like doing side missions but they really force you to get high scores in the shitty karaoke or dance mini games.

Sieg Zeon

Post by Sieg Zeon » Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:46 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:17 am
My problem with Kiwami isn't that it's hard, exactly. More like, Kiwami has some of the most bullshit of any Yakuza game. Times when you got hit that you feel like you shouldn't have, or enemies that had super armor with no visible indication, or stat-hacked bosses like mr. shakedown, or needing to grind Majima fights to unlock Dragon (you basically can't use Dragon at all unless you grind on Majima over and over)... It's hard to explain exactly why I didn't like Kiwami 1 that much. It has a lot of elements that aren't in yakuza 3 and 4. Or were in those games but in very tiny amounts.

I did most of the simulator boss refights in Yakuza 4. Maybe all of them, I can't remember. So I know how to play Yakuza and I know how to beat tough bosses. But Kiwami has a lot of shit in there that feels baffling. Again, not difficult, but unfair and jank.

Yakuza 3 and 4 were extremely fun though.
Same, there is a huge spike even if you do a lot of side stuff, that fat fuck at the funeral gave me trouble. Really you gotta learn tiger drop and rinse/repeat with that eventually.

Lost Paradise is great, but I’m an HnK dork so it’s an easy sale for me. Judgment is a lot of fun, very streamlined and has some cool new ideas. If you like to 100% a game they’re tough, mainly in learning the various mini games, but they’re not tedious massive empty open worlds like a lot of western games.

Complicity

Post by Complicity » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:47 am

I also forgot about the PS3 only Yakuza Dead Souls, which features le zombie outbreak and has the combat of modern Resident Evil games.
It's among the ones i haven't played yet.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:38 am

Sounds even gayer than regular Yakuza, tbh.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Complicity

Post by Complicity » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:45 pm

Gay as fuck

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:33 pm

One of the more believable reactions to a zombie outbreak, I give it that.
-Yours Truly

Complicity

Post by Complicity » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:53 pm

Guest wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:29 pm
And I have 100+ hours in pathfinder kingmaker btw and still havent finished, big lol at giving up after 40 hours
Is the writing of that game good or sjw trash?
I'm barely past the beginning and i have already stumbled into a barbarian bitch and a shieldmaiden cunt kvetching about male gaze, atheism and how they are better than men, and there was no dialogue option that allowed me to slap them and close their mouths with my dick.
I have read that their role as stronk wahmen is supposedly subverted later on, but i have my doubts.
Last edited by Complicity on Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:56 pm

Be glad Dingmaker only includes the iconic Pathfinder Barbarian bitch. They also have an iconic female Paladin of Color and an iconic female Muslim Cleric.

Though this game is based on one of their earlier Adventure Paths, back when the writing wasn't entirely pozzed yet.
-Yours Truly