Spoony the Pussy One: Life is in the Render Queue

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: Spoony the Pussy One: Life is in the Render Queue

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:33 pm

He's just a lazy asshole who had things work out for him for too long. That's all there's to it. That's just not good for you, if you're already inclined to slacking off naturally.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Vaporwear

Post by Vaporwear » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:04 pm

Rushy wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:31 pm
Cuckara wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:54 pm
I think that Spoony has always been a narcissistic asshole who would rather wallow in nothingness than do anything, it's just that he used to have external forces in his life that prevented him from collapsing.
To play devil's advocate here, parenting has a lot to do with that. A man's the sum of his experiences. I wouldn't be surprised if Noah's family are all superior dickheads too, who manage to remain socially functional by having been in slightly different circumstances.

For example, Miles becoming a cop either matured him or gave him a permanently satisfying outlet for ego.

Assuming that Noah's mother was the one raised on his grandpa's farm, she probably 'escaped' to civilisation to marry the Boeing dude. Her daughter probs married somebody else who's rich.

The other Antwiler bros are still in their parents' favor because they're Republican, so can always just leech off of them. Alternatively, they're like Miles and evolved past their upbringing whilst Noah alienated his parents and vice versa with their disagreements over his D&D love and being a Democrat.

I'm not trying to take responsibility off of him, but it's slightly incorrect to say he's always been what he is.
Obviously I don’t know how the Antwhiler parents treated their kids, but we do have a track record. Spoony has 2(?) brothers and a sister, and they all seemed to have grown up as functional human beings who have at least found some way to live self sufficiently in one way or another. We’ve seen Miles, the youngest one, we know he’s relatively well adjusted, and we know he’s a cop who’s had to do some hardcore shit while on duty and managed to work through it well enough that he’s still a cop, and even received a promotion at some point.

But Spoony? I don’t know how Noah was treated by his parents, but what we do know is they provided him with a beautiful middle class home to live in, they provided money for his college tuition, and his father immediately got him a job at his place of work after he graduated. At least when it comes to the material aspect of raising him they did everything they could to help him become an adult. I can only think that he was a bit too coddled by them and that combined with his innate narcissism made for a bad combination where he simply refused to grow up and that feedback loop retarded his growth as a person. Maybe his parents were too old to adequately handle someone like that, whereas Miles was well adjusted as a kid and was able to handle his own shit without too much supervision.

I think the Antwhiler parents did the best they could and if it had been someone with more motivation it would’ve worked just fine. Noah needed a much tougher and nuanced approach, something to really help push him out of his narcissistic shell, and I don’t think his parents were equipped to handle that task.

Regardless at the end of the day Noah can’t blame his parents or Republicans or previous love interests for his failures. He’s been an adult since the day he turned 18, that he refuses to make good decisions for himself is entirely his fault.

Vaporwear

Post by Vaporwear » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:27 pm

da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:04 am
I have a Comp Sci degree and the only time in my professional career I've ever worn a tie was for job interviews. I also have my own office and not a cubicle. I don't know any fucking software company that uses cubicles.
I have a degree in a different field but I had no problem getting a job. I did a handful of interviews and received three call backs within a couple weeks, I literally got to choose which place I wanted to work at I had that many options. I was still receiving offers months after I started working, turned down a couple nice ones too.

I seriously doubt Noah tried much to get a job relevant to his degree after he graduated. If he went for any interviews he probably acted off-putting and weird in that way that passive-aggressive douchebags are, like someone who you know is gonna be difficult to work with and you know is not going to last long at all. Then he quit looking after a couple months because his paltry attempts didn’t land him anything and to save his ego he told himself it was all the tech companies offshoring his work to Indians that was the problem, not him. He actually said that in one of his older videos, that he couldn’t get a job because the tech companies were screwing over Americans. I mean, sure, maybe they’re doing too much off-shoring, but we also know that Noah is a deceitful narcissistic liar who constantly frames himself as a victim, so we know he didn’t really attempt to find a job anyway.

Post by Guest » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:44 pm

wtf he just whines. and do NOTHING about his problems. by year(s). get some psychiatrist!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:42 pm

There's no point trying to figure out Spoony. He's a narcissist who abuses substances. He loses track of time because he's always wasted and he acts like an arrogant prick because he's a narc. He backstabs people for the same reason.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Newhalf

Post by Newhalf » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:56 pm

He should have had a crash course in how to human.
A social job is good for that to learn to care for/about others.
Although doing some basic draft service time can also be a great starter set for adult life, I find.
It's a trap!

Post by Guest » Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:45 pm

His older brother, D-oug, the one who got him into PC games and table top games, is a structural engineer with a family. He kind of looks like a "chad" version of Miles with a big chin.
rabidtictac wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:42 pm
There's no point trying to figure out Spoony. He's a narcissist who abuses substances. He loses track of time because he's always wasted and he acts like an arrogant prick because he's a narc. He backstabs people for the same reason.
That's the simplest way to put it. His old videos and vlogs he always had a can of soda within shot. Then like 2010 onwards it was a bottle of booze in frame at all times. It's probably booze and pills. I always suspected that any medication he got prescribed made him worse off and he's never been the same since.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:11 pm

Newhalf wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:56 pm
He should have had a crash course in how to human.
A social job is good for that to learn to care for/about others.
Although doing some basic draft service time can also be a great starter set for adult life, I find.
Wouldn't have worked.

Spoony won't take instruction.
Spoony won't admit fault.
Spoony won't be nice.
Spoony won't care about others.
Spoony won't work.

It doesn't matter how much you try to force him to be something he isn't. He'll never be a normal person. He's a fucked up narc addicted to pills or booze or both. He doesn't recognize a problem and he doesn't want to change.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:57 pm

His parents kicked him out eventually, which was the best decision. Due to Miles, he didn't have that hard of a fall, though. Then along came the option to live on internet welfare and thus he never had to learn to grow up or deal with others.
To me, that explains his behaviour adequately.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Complicity

Post by Complicity » Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:32 am

His parents and siblings may be arrogant and pretentious, but Sploogy is a textbook narc, the kind who ends up alone and miserable after making everyone else around them alone and miserable.
As far as i know you don't find more than one of those in a family.