Movie Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Movie Thread

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:57 pm

The MCU won't be in any danger until they start making Squirrel Girl and Muslim Ree Luffy the main focus.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:07 pm

I don't like Leslie Jones, but I would see a Tom and Jerry movie starring her as Mammy Two-Shoes. The actual movie looks like garbage, though.

veris leta facies

Post by veris leta facies » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:45 pm

Guest wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:34 pm
Lindsay's Liver wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:28 am
"Black Widow" and "Wonder Woman 1984 Retro Shit for Boomers Like Me" were going to do well, especially if they're good, but, no, neither was going to make the all-time biggest movies ever list like "Force Awakens" and "Endgame".

The Guest who said that they would is stupid and is making you smarter Guests look bad.
Says the one white guy still living in Dallas.

Black Widow was capeshit all the sois and quirky girls were duty bound to watch because "muh representation." Plus it's MCU. All you dumbasses claiming capeshit is dead are being willful fucking retards. They've been saying the superhero bubble will burst for like ten years now and it never does because CONSOOM ALWAYS CONSOOM! The only reason there's a problem now is because of the plot to Build Back Better, but as soon as they get that handled it'll be back to business as usual, only then you'll be able to stream the movie directly through your brain via Tesla's hyperlink while your smart car takes you around town and prevents you from leaving your assigned zone.
By this point I wouldn't be surprised if we are stuck forever with capeshit. It's obvious the general public no longer has any quality requirements. Movies have become recyclable two-hour commercials and brainless audience cries for happiness when they see franchises and characters familiar to them. It's exactly the same shit time after time, but the consoomer stays happy as long as there are familiar characters in a popular brand movie.

Capeshit! We come for you

WE COME FOR YOU
When passing through the Valley of Humiliation, slaves and dastards, exposing their sores, sob aloud for consolation and sympathy.

Newhalf

Post by Newhalf » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:20 pm

The first time my NPC siblings were vividly discussing capeshit movies when Iron Man and Thor etc were starting out, that was a big eye opener for me.
Both of them had never given a crap about comic and comic book heroes (neither have I honestly) and even scoffed at the Tim Burton Batman movies, which even I thought were pretty decent.
When I tried to watch some movie (can't remember which, they all kinda samey) they had discussed as if it were the best thing since sliced bread, I was mostly just confused and could not figure out what they would see in them.
They must have set those movies up for the lowest common denominator, which nowadays is certainly where the most money is.
It's a trap!

CuckTurdginson

Post by CuckTurdginson » Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:26 pm

da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:09 pm
Guest wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:55 am
lol black widow would've flopped. Marvel shit is over for normies, endgame was the end to the series.
I wish that were true but the post-Endgame Spodermin movie still made bajillions.
Because its Spodermin - those will continue to do well as long as they have Holland.
ebin namefag wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:06 am
I don't know when they divorced I just know that it's Brad's fault.

Cuckara

Post by Cuckara » Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:36 pm

I don't see an end to the capeshit menace anytime soon. All of the people who are saying shit like "Black Window would've flopped" are willfully ignoring our grim reality and are living under the delusion that wanting something badly enough will make it happen. If flicks like Doctor Strange and Ant-Man and the Wasp could rake in over $600 million each, there's no reason to believe that Black Widow would flop. Maybe the "normies will stop caring since Endgame came out" predictions will come true, but I'm remaining pessimistic until I see hard proof that normies don't care about the MCU anymore. I would love for the MCU to bomb and go away, but unless Feige goes full retard and makes the MCU as insufferably political as the comics, it'll probably keep going for many more years.

TheManWithNoPlan

Post by TheManWithNoPlan » Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:43 pm

Black Widow would’ve done well because A) Marvel and B) Scarlett Johansson.

CuckTurdginson

Post by CuckTurdginson » Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:46 pm

Her shitty Ghost in the Shell movie bombed, tho. It would have been one of the lesser hits. Wonder Woman would have likely outperformed it.
ebin namefag wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:06 am
I don't know when they divorced I just know that it's Brad's fault.

Cuckara

Post by Cuckara » Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:52 pm

Wonder Woman 1984 absolutely would've outperformed Black Widow, although I think that says more about the popularity of Wonder Woman than anything else.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:54 pm

CuckTurdginson wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:46 pm
Her shitty Ghost in the Shell movie bombed, tho.
So what? As much as it pains me to admit, more normies care about the MCU than they ever cared about animu.

In fact hey basically had to care enough about animu to watch this movie, but not care too much to automatically dismiss the idea of a baka gaijin 3DPD abortion of the glorious nihon source material.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette