What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: What are you playing?

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:01 am

da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:48 pm
What's special about it? Lewd VNs get shit out on a daily basis.
Yeah, but this one has idorus :3

(Also on this weird itch.io thing, which seems to be less anal about selling a censored version first and letting you jump through hoops to get the real deal.)
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:02 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:01 am
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:48 pm
What's special about it? Lewd VNs get shit out on a daily basis.
Yeah, but this one has idorus :3
That's not even remotely new and you know it.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:09 am

But it has new waifus.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:53 pm

Any of you played the Yakuza games?
I have been thinking on giving them a go but there are like a 100 fucking games to choose.

At first i was just going to get either Yakuza 0 or Yakuza 6, but there are 2 that came after those (Kiwami and Kiwami 2). And now thre is a new one (like a dragon)

I dont want to buy mutiples because they kinda look open word-like and dont want to over commit and get burned after a while.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:45 am

Kiwami is pretty bad for a Yakuza game. It has a lot of forced boss grinding and the game is full of bullshit difficulty spikes that feel unfair. Lot of bosses with hyper armor on everything. It's all so tedious.

The best Yakuza games are probably Yakuza 2, Yakuza 3 and Yakuza 5. I played Yakuza 2, 3, 4 and Kiwami. My favorite of the games was Yakuza 3. Yakuza 3 has an atmosphere unlike the other games, being partially based in Okinawa. Yakuza 4 and 5 have a lot of playable characters, if that appeals to you.

All of these games are quite similar. They're beat em up rpgs with optional minigames. The games are quite text heavy and cutscene heavy. The combat is fun most of the time, but it's also rather jank. I can recommend Yakuza 3. The ps4 version added back all the extra content that was removed for the original release, but it was mostly a bunch of minigames and shit I didn't care about anyway.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:32 am

I want to try them but I can barely pay attention to red dead, I would probably just play outrun the whole time.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Complicity

Post by Complicity » Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:50 am

Guest wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:53 pm
Any of you played the Yakuza games?
I have been thinking on giving them a go but there are like a 100 fucking games to choose.

At first i was just going to get either Yakuza 0 or Yakuza 6, but there are 2 that came after those (Kiwami and Kiwami 2). And now thre is a new one (like a dragon)

I dont want to buy mutiples because they kinda look open word-like and dont want to over commit and get burned after a while.
Excluding like a dragon, all the games are direct sequels to each other so start with either the prequel 0 or Kiwami 1 (the remake of the first game on the PS2).
I didn't have any problems with the fights in Kiwami in hard mode, but some of the random boss fights with Majima (especially slugger Majima) can drag on for quite a while.
The real challenge in those games is learning to play Mahjong, and once you do it's quite fun.

Judgement and Fist of the North Star Lost Paradise are stand alone, so you can also start with those, but with the latter you should probably be familiar with Kenshiro first.

Like a dragon (did you know that the whole series is called like a dragon in Japan, and Super Blobert 2 is Doki Doki Panic?) is kinda stand alone too because it has a new protagonist and the combat is turn based (i don't know how they pulled that one off), but i won't play it until i finish the other ones.

Most games are on pc, so you really don't have to give Soyny money.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:17 am

My problem with Kiwami isn't that it's hard, exactly. More like, Kiwami has some of the most bullshit of any Yakuza game. Times when you got hit that you feel like you shouldn't have, or enemies that had super armor with no visible indication, or stat-hacked bosses like mr. shakedown, or needing to grind Majima fights to unlock Dragon (you basically can't use Dragon at all unless you grind on Majima over and over)... It's hard to explain exactly why I didn't like Kiwami 1 that much. It has a lot of elements that aren't in yakuza 3 and 4. Or were in those games but in very tiny amounts.

I did most of the simulator boss refights in Yakuza 4. Maybe all of them, I can't remember. So I know how to play Yakuza and I know how to beat tough bosses. But Kiwami has a lot of shit in there that feels baffling. Again, not difficult, but unfair and jank.

Yakuza 3 and 4 were extremely fun though.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:30 am

I'd honestly start with 0. It starts the story and is fairly recent.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:26 am

Thanks.
Well, i think i will start with 0 because i just found it pretty cheap. If i like it i will get the rest in order i guess, just not with away. I didnt know kiwami 1 and 2 where remakes of Yakuza 1 and 2.

How is the new one? did the switch to turn based felt baffling? or they managed to do it well?