What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
veris leta facies

Re: What are you playing?

Post by veris leta facies » Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:09 pm

Witcher 2 on normal was way harder than W3 on DM. Which reminds me, I really should reinstall that one and finish it this time. I remember liking it very much, but it was just way too damn hard. Witcher 1 was also great in its time, but the combat system is way too dated by today's standards.
When passing through the Valley of Humiliation, slaves and dastards, exposing their sores, sob aloud for consolation and sympathy.

Moe Bitches
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Moe Bitches » Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:02 pm

da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:06 am
Shit like this is why satire is dead in currentyear.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:41 pm

Witcher 2 is harder than 3, but it's better for it. It being harder is a good thing, because the game forces you to prepare before battles, use bombs and ready traps. Quen is required rather than a suggestion like in W3. Because the game is divided into hubs, encounters can be tailored for your expected level and provide a stiff challenge.

I was very surprised when I popped in witcher 3 and realized prepping (the bull?) wasn't a thing anymore. I mean, you can theoretically do it, but there's no raisin to. Items like throwing knives and bombs are also pointless. I would buy those in bulk in witcher 2 (or ingredients to make them,) but why bother in witcher 3? Everything dies to sword slashes. Tap dpad if you're dying to enable 10 minute hp regen at the cost of ONE food item.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:55 pm

Holy Mother of Kek. That made me laugh more than it probably should've.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:29 am

veris leta facies wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:09 pm
Witcher 2 on normal was way harder than W3 on DM. Which reminds me, I really should reinstall that one and finish it this time. I remember liking it very much, but it was just way too damn hard. Witcher 1 was also great in its time, but the combat system is way too dated by today's standards.
Wichser's combat system has been criticised since day one. The mildest criticism was that it was "ambitious".
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:51 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:38 pm

Witcher 2 on normal difficulty is harder than Witcher 3 on Blood and Broken Bones.
I don't know about that, but it is a more difficult game. Both are great, and I still prefer W2 more. And since I'm unreasonable, I played with Full Combat Rebalance mod on the highest difficult (I don't remember if it's also called Death March in W2), which broke all sort of things. Fun times. Felt like proper Dark Souls. If any of you want to give W2 another try, get the Full Combat Rebalance mod. It adds new animations, changes combat around by giving you a bit more options and it was made by one of the devs from CDproject.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:29 am
Wichser's combat system has been criticised since day one. The mildest criticism was that it was "ambitious".
I think game journos just couldn't handle something slightly different that wasn't pushed by massive marketing behind it. The combat in W1 is fine, it just isn't that involved. I actually liked the sort of rhytm-based fighting, as primitive as it was.

Blessed are the shitposters, for they will be called children of the Sperg.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:43 am

Oh I'm of talking about journos, because who cares about what they think.
The combat system is just odd but not really good.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:01 am

Why do baka gaijins always screw up when making an action RPG? Whenever they try to make something more involved than a Diablo clone, shit starts getting janky af.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:48 am

Witcher 2 is one of my favorite games of that generation. I like it far more than 3.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

veris leta facies

Post by veris leta facies » Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:21 pm

Some Sick Fuck wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:51 am
I think game journos just couldn't handle something slightly different that wasn't pushed by massive marketing behind it. The combat in W1 is fine, it just isn't that involved. I actually liked the sort of rhytm-based fighting, as primitive as it was.
It was fine when the game was new, but I doubt I could stomach that anymore after 2 and 3. The story and characters were really good though.
When passing through the Valley of Humiliation, slaves and dastards, exposing their sores, sob aloud for consolation and sympathy.