Clown World General

Shitpost about Trump, SJWs, Islam and everything else about politics except economics, because that's too hard
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Shitlib debates: Clown world 2020

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:34 pm

Sieg Zeon wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:13 pm
I’ve never watched it, but how does Daria compare to Lisa Simpson? I always see tumblrinas and other losers use her as some sort of paragon so I assume the worst but have had level headed fans tell me she’s not that bad as a character.
Seeing how the show wasn't made in Current Year, it is within the realms of possibility that they are just interpreting shit into it in order to justify their fine taste.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Sieg Zeon

Post by Sieg Zeon » Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:22 pm

Newhalf wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:24 pm
The only Daria I've seen is when she was only an extra on Beavis and Butthead and they'd always chant at her "Diarrhea, cha-cha-cha!"
I can't explain it but I really loved that show.
Daria in her own show I think is a little less Lisa Simpson and more cynical a-hole I guess.. I don't think she was preaching to people all that much?
I think I’ll give it a shot then. I worried she’d be too 90s cynical for my taste, but I have friends who vouch for the show. My fellow KOTH loving best friend can’t watch the show because his ex ruined it for him.

Moe Bitches
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Moe Bitches » Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:26 pm

Is that why she's an ex?
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:06 am
Shit like this is why satire is dead in currentyear.

Nobue

Post by Nobue » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:03 pm

Sieg Zeon wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:13 pm
Newhalf wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:48 pm
"YOU ARE LISA SIMPSON"

So deep, man!
Seriously, watching Simpsons growing up I always assumed the audience was supposed to dislike her..
I’ve never watched it, but how does Daria compare to Lisa Simpson? I always see tumblrinas and other losers use her as some sort of paragon so I assume the worst but have had level headed fans tell me she’s not that bad as a character.
She's a know-it-all too, but she's less annoying, and it acknowledges she's naive and can be wrong. If you get the chance, check it out and enjoy the out-of-date references.

Sieg Zeon

Post by Sieg Zeon » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:24 pm

Moe Bitches wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:26 pm
Is that why she's an ex?
Thanks Nobue, I’ll give it a shot.

And this chick was turbo crazy dude, I never met her in person but I think she convinced my friend that dying alone isn’t so bad. I think he could land a decent woman, but he’s just content with solitude, which I get. Gives him more freedom.

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:24 am

Sieg Zeon wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:22 pm
Newhalf wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:24 pm
The only Daria I've seen is when she was only an extra on Beavis and Butthead and they'd always chant at her "Diarrhea, cha-cha-cha!"
I can't explain it but I really loved that show.
Daria in her own show I think is a little less Lisa Simpson and more cynical a-hole I guess.. I don't think she was preaching to people all that much?
I think I’ll give it a shot then. I worried she’d be too 90s cynical for my taste, but I have friends who vouch for the show.
From the best of clips I have seen it does reek of that, though I haven't watched a full episode.
SpoilerShow

In saying that though, it seems all the other characters give her shit and dirty looks for being such a cynical 90s edgelord so it's not like Lisa where she is a cunt who is always portrayed as right. The show at least acknowledges she has no tact at all and comes across as socially retarded.

The reason Tumblr loves her is because she actually gives no fucks what people think about her. They WISH they could be like that but social standards trigger the fuck out of them and they get trolled too easily because they have no control of their emotions.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:55 pm

They can't help themselves. Getting offended is their way of life.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Lindsay's Liver

Post by Lindsay's Liver » Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:18 pm

Not cringey at all.

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:25 pm

Muh consoomer capeshit. All liberals are nothing but movieblobs.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Moe Bitches
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Moe Bitches » Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:21 pm

Never forget.
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:06 am
Shit like this is why satire is dead in currentyear.