Words and phrases that only assholes use

Shitpost central. Also known as the Ratfuck and Mucha containment board.
Sieg Zeon

Re: Words and phrases that only assholes use

Post by Sieg Zeon » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:56 pm

Dog whistling, that term has become so horribly used by the shitlibs that I don’t even think they know what it means anymore, I sure as hell don’t. I got called that once along with a string of other things including nazi by pussies online for having my sig as my avatar.
Last edited by Sieg Zeon on Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:46 pm

It's a combination of projection and being unable to meme.
What it means is overtly alluding to something without directly mentioning it to be able to weasel out of being called out on it. What Blob does all the time, really. "Oh but I didn't directly say we should kill the working class. I just said they are obsolete and must disappear, with violence if necessary."

Being unable to meme is just how they could not understand having a vaguely Nazi-looking flag could be used for comedic effect because "there's nothing funny about that".

It's a useless term. In the past you'd just call it being sly or coy or >implying.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:35 pm

I wouldn't call what Blob does 'dogwhistling'. 'Dogwhistling' is subtle and, above all, euphemistic. Blob pretty much just comes out and says he wants to kill large swathes of people then backpeddles once it's pointed out to him what a horrible person this makes him (he'd never realise it himself because autism)

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:36 pm

Afaik "dogwhistling" amounts to using special phrases and codewords only the "right" people will get.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Sieg Zeon

Post by Sieg Zeon » Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:36 pm

They’re always massive butthurt faggot so that sounds right.

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:49 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:09 pm
Sounds like a line from a cheesy space opera / fantasy / capeshit flick.
Wasn't it from LOTR?
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:24 pm

Cheesy fantasy it is then.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:21 am

Double post 'cause I don't feel like editing a days-old post.

Something about "intersectionality" rubs me the wrong way. It sounds like a harmless word with a broad usage, but it actually has a very specific meaning. It's basically an umbrella term for all the various -isms and -phobias that White Man (tm) uses to keep everyone else down. Kinda like the Left's version of "My Twisted World".

For some reason it always makes me thing of "intercession", which is like this term used by Catholics in fiction whenever they want to channel the power of one of their saints.

"I call upon the Intersectionality of St. Floyd! Begone, white fiend!"
-Yours Truly

Post by Guest » Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:42 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:21 am
Something about "intersectionality" rubs me the wrong way. It sounds like a harmless word with a broad usage, but it actually has a very specific meaning. It's basically an umbrella term for all the various -isms and -phobias that White Man (tm) uses to keep everyone else down. Kinda like the Left's version of "My Twisted World".
Isn't intersectionality just their pretentious Academia term for 'getting offended on others' behalf'?

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Tue Nov 03, 2020 4:01 pm

When SJWs talk about dogwhistles, it is almost always just them projecting. They can't find something racist in what Trump said, but they claim it is anyways.

I suppose libs have their own dogwhistles. Not sure if we're allowed to use that term on the Left. But they do have telltale red flags. Words like "inclusivity" and "equity" are code words for anti-cis/white/male.
お前はもう死んでいる。