What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
jpakke

Re: What are you playing?

Post by jpakke » Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:28 pm

Sieg Zeon wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:09 pm
jpakke wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:09 am

Holy shit, Larian :D

I thought Bioware was bad but this is ridiculous. RIP crpgs for good when BG3 becomes a huge hit, thank you pathetic losers who demands fucking romances in every fucking rpg.

I remember when Pillars of Eternity was in development, there was a very vocal group of autistic spazzes writing message after message demanding romances because of "muh emotional engagement". I fucking hate those motherfucking mouthbreathing autistic faggots.
Did I see a bit of slit on the elf chick or whatever she is when she mounted the player, or was that just a crappy character model? It’s 2020, AO games need to become the norm. If Cyberpunk 2077 doesn’t suck ass or cuck out we’ll at least have detailed genital customization.
Probably just shit animations and models, it's still early access game so they'll probably work on those.

Complicity

Post by Complicity » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:47 pm

I don't need ASS to know that thing has a dick.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:32 pm

jpakke wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:43 am
Do you mean introduction of romances and stupid drama with the companions or popularizing RTwP combat?
The shit garbage combat. I didn't even know it had romances because I've never bothered with it long enough. That only sours my opinion further.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:37 pm

what is so bad about RTwP though? Isnt that more realistic? Like in real combat people would just stand around dying while waiting for 4 others to take their turn?
I prefer turn based jrpgs myself but on crpgs Im 50/50. Battles are usually so big that any encounter takes 30+ minutes with turn based combat which doesnt feel like fun to me.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:49 pm

I prefer turn based. It's especially gay when everyone just pauses anyway. If you're going to have an option to spam pause, then the game may as well be turn-based. Dragon Age Origins also has a major problem with pathing. DA2 fixed it, surprisingly. But in DA:O, you often can't get your characters to path correctly to enemies, which causes them to die if the enemy has ranged attacks.

ME1 doesn't have the same problem, since everyone has access to guns.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Post by Guest » Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:30 pm

I prefer JRPGs like a straight person.

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:10 am

The only reason I play JRPG's is anime tiddies.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:39 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:49 pm
I prefer turn based. It's especially gay when everyone just pauses anyway. If you're going to have an option to spam pause, then the game may as well be turn-based.
Before the big update that made Kingmaker not suck anymore, I set it up so the game would auto-pause at the start of every turn. Way less of a clusterfuck.
Guest wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:37 pm
what is so bad about RTwP though? Isnt that more realistic? Like in real combat people would just stand around dying while waiting for 4 others to take their turn?
  • Because everyone wants hyper-realism in a game where you fling fireballs at skellymen
  • I don't think real-time is that much more hyper-realistic 'cause everyone is just standing in front of each other, waiting for various cooldowns to get done before they can play another attack animation
  • Turn-based games are an abstraction. Nobody is actually just standing around
  • Going real-time automatically makes things more confusing, and more often enough forces you to rely on AI buddies that may or may not completely retarded
  • I think more favorite example for the "retarded" bit is Melia in Xenoblade Chronicles, who you essentially have to control yourself because her summoning gimmicks are too complex for the AI to properly handle
  • Infinity Engine games and its ripoffs aren't actually real-time. They run the turn-based D&D combat rules under the hood and just have turns pass automatically. This is literally the worst of both worlds
  • If you think real-time is always better, compare the klessik turn-based mode with the real-time mode of any given Blood Bowl video game adaptation
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:37 am

There was pause mods that helped, the further you got in the game the less I used it because it slowed shit down
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:38 am

I got fairly decent at controlling fagon age origins on console like a true consolefag. Even with your gambits set up right, you still have to pause every time something needs adjusting. And the system being real-time fucks with you in many ways. Your pathing fucks up on the way to the enemy? Party wipe. You press attack but the animation doesn't play? Party wipe. You tell companions to heal at x amount of hp, but they don't do it for some raisin? Party wipe.

Even at absolute best, you're trying to cajole retarded AI to do what you want them to do. You can't control everyone in real-time because it would be physically impossible. So you either spam pause and micro-manage, or you let the game run and rely on the ai behaviors you've set up to actually work. And enemies, running entirely off AI that isn't playing by the same rules of stupidity, are not hindered. They do not have pathing problems (not for the dangerous enemies) and they don't have a gambit system pulling them in different directions.

I know people who play on the hardest difficulty of fagon age origins and do speedrun stuff and they STILL rage the fuck out whenever the pathing breaks. They know more than anyone how lame that shit is. Bottom line is your results in a real-time combat system like dragon age are not replicable or reliable.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome