People love complaining, right? Complain about everything (life, health, bad luck, random shit etc)

Shitpost central. Also known as the Ratfuck and Mucha containment board.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: People love complaining, right? Complain about everything (life, health, bad luck, random shit etc)

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:57 pm

We've always called it "Song Contest" no matter the iteration, only using the full title ironically.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: People love complaining, right? Complain about everything (life, health, bad luck, random shit etc)

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:11 pm

Sure, nobody ever bothered to say the full name but the current, official name is fairly recent.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:29 am

Guest wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:40 am
E-Bay lets sellers add a minimum bid to their auctions. Even if something gets bid on, if it doesn't hit the minimum, the bidder doesn't win it.

But that costs extra when you do it.

But its a great way to sell something legitimately valuable without putting a ceiling on your earning potential by leaving it as a "Buy It Now" listing.
Thing is, when I browse for shit, unless it's scalped all to fuck, I always remove auctions from my searches right away. I'm not interested in the auctions because I know how they all work:

Price for a dollar to start
Cucks all bid
Some faggot snipes at the last second
Item sells for about $10 above current market value (represented by the "buy it now" listings)

Every time. The only situations where I've gotten good deals on auctions are with products nobody wants to buy at all. If there's no interest, you can scoop up a deal easily. Otherwise, the lowest price item with the best condition and highest-rated seller is the superior choice every time. Buy fast, get shipped fast, be done shopping fast.

Bidding on auctions is a waste of time and a false economy. The auctions get people invested in that particular listing, so they're more likely to bid above the value of the item. Pointless. If I want to buy something valued at $20, I'm going to go for a buy it now auction of $18 rather than bid on the $1 + $3 shipping listing ending in two days. The latter will be over $20 by the end anyway.

This basic rule of thumb applies to everything on Ebay I can think of. If there's interest in the product, don't bother with auctions.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:35 am

I've had alright luck on auctions for games that are overpriced but not wanted. I got metal marines for snes for like $30 before YouTubers called it a "hidden gem "
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:26 pm

Patience is the key. If you want something that isn't super popular you will find an auction for it that just about nobody follows eventually.
I've bought a few things hundreds under market value before.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:13 pm

Yeah what kugel said, if its anything like switch games or apple products don't waste your time but if it's something obscure then be patient and you can snipe shit.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:49 pm

Not everyone interested is going to watch eBay all the time. If you just watch auctions and look for new offers daily you will eventually find a good offer or an auction nobody bids on because people have no patience.
Case in point my gold 35th anniversary G-Shock being a low buy now offer or my Curta that I got for almost 200 less it's going rate at the time.

Sometimes it also pays being early to something but that's not something you can plan, like me buying a Vectrex for 30 Euros. At the time nobody cared about it.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:20 am

Eh, if you aren't available at the time the listing ends, the odds are good you won't win it on an auction. If you bid ahead of time, other people watching the auction will snipe you. The only way to make auctions work is if NOBODY else wants that item or if you know you have the last five minutes of the auction free. Otherwise, you will get sniped. I've won items for the minimum bid, but I'm talking about auctions where I was the only person bidding. Items like clothing or something obscure where I've seen that listing posted and reposted a few times and I know I'm the only one who cares.

Sometimes you can foil faggot snipers if you bid when the listing is at $1 and put in a high max bid. Because they are faggots, snipers won't bid what they are willing to pay. They bid in minimum increments. So if your max is high enough, they run out of time trying to bid up in 50cent increments or whatever gay shit they have going. I bid $5 under market price or whatever and let them stumble up against my bid wall. If they win, then they're paying market price and they're the suckers, not me. :lol:

But again, the problem here is you have to pay more. If I'm going to pay more, I'd rather Buy It Now and fuck all that human psychology stupidity. If you use half the time you would spend watching auctions to spend watching buy it now listings, you'll find good prices and won't have to bid for them.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Post by Guest » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:25 am

Do eBay watches cost elss if they've been up a man's ass.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:51 am

Nice spelling, retard.

When there are two auctions on the same item or more, retards will usually focus on one and you can snipe one of the others. I've followed auctions for the same item ending on the same day with over 100 bucks difference.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!