"Cartoons"

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Sieg Zeon

Re: "Cartoons"

Post by Sieg Zeon » Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:26 am

Oh dude that’s the cool thing about having younger family who don’t suck, you get to show them all the neat stuff. I loaned this kid Chrono Trigger DS and after he finished he had some sort of spiritual awakening about modern gaming. I’m dead serious, he got a snes mini for me to hack after and give him a library of nes through gba games.

Post by Guest » Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:22 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:28 pm
This kid is off to an excellent start.

And I guess a genderswap voice modulator can make sense if you're extra-paranoid about keeping your identiy secret (though I would personally go for a robot voice or something equally uncanny), but that's probably just confusing in an audio-visual medium for kids unless the character's identity reveal is supposed to be some big (and non-asinine) twist.
Phantasm from Batman: Mask of the Phantasm already did the gender-swap voice modulator thing.

Post by Guest » Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:39 am

It was also done in Faptain Harlock (or some other Leiji show).

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:07 am

Guest wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:39 am
It was also done in Faptain Harlock (or some other Leiji show).
That was Queen Millennia.
お前はもう死んでいる。

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:19 am

I should watch that animu again. My memory is spotty af.

And then there is the relatively recent case of Star Twinkle Precure:
SpoilerShow

Basically a snake waifu pretending to be a snake husbando for the amazing twist of "Did you know there's a 13th zodiac?! And her princess is evil!". Because she's like effectively God if God went "You know what? Fuck creation!" one day.

She also blew the fuck out of the Cure's retarded mascot, in case you don't love her already.
It got better, sadly. Thankfully the animu was over by that point.
Guest wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:22 am
Phantasm from Batman: Mask of the Phantasm already did the gender-swap voice modulator thing.
Otherwise things would've been a bit too obvious considering there was only one major movie-exclusive character besides Phantasm.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Sieg Zeon

Post by Sieg Zeon » Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:22 am

Phantasm kicks ass. Also how much Precure media is there? I’ve been hearing about that series for a long time now but know nothing about it.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:43 am

It kicks all the asses. Cool OC villain, and Joker's just hamming it abou like crazy.

And there's a fuckton of Precure, since there's a new show every year, with two exceptions when they did a second season instead.
SpoilerShow
  • Futari wa Pretty Cure & Max Heart (the OG one; catchy af opening)
  • Futari wa Pretty Cure Splash Star (this one's fucking weird since the protagonists look likes clones of the previous protagonists, because at this point they were still a bit scared by the Sentai formula)
  • Yes! PreCure 5 & GoGo! (first one with a proper Sentai-sized cast)
  • Fresh Pretty Cure! (best ending theme)
  • HeartCatch PreCure (the OST is fucking nuts in this one. Even the henshin theme is rad af. If it wasn't for a few tracks like the opening song you wouldn't really think this was a mahoushit soundtrack)
  • Suite PreCure (weird character designs. Also probably triggered a lot of doujins because one of the Cures is noticably more underage than the others)
  • Smile PreCure! (aka Glitter Force 1. I think this is the one were they defeat the bad guys halfway through and then they just resurrect themselves so everything basically starts over)
  • DokiDoki! PreCure (aka Glitter Force 2, with a fairy tale theme or something. The main Cure here is like the most hated Mary Sue in the entire franchise.)
  • HappinessCharge PreCure! (I think this is supposed to be their Gokaiger, except not really)
  • Go! Princess PreCure (Disney Princesses + Kamen Rider. This highlights a thing they like to do were the animation budget for the fights suddenly goes up by an order of magnitude and shit suddenly looks way better than most shounenshit)
  • Witchy PreCure! (the better Hogwarts)
  • Kirakira Pretty Cure a la Mode (Kemonomimi & desserts, for some reason)
  • Hugtto! PreCure (Cheerleader babysitters whose fairies are actually their own kids form the future or something; this one hurts my brain)
  • Star Twinkle PreCure (the better Super Mario Galaxy. Has a better catgirl than Kirakira and comes with a Half-Brazilian waifu that is a higher quality sun-themed waifu than the sun-themed waifu from HeartCatch. Nothing beats the moon-themed waifu from HeartCatch, though. Eat shit, Cure Selene, you will never replace Cure Moonlight :evil: .
    I also fear there might be a whole fetish about touching one of the alien Cure's head antennae. I know my internet. Someone, somewhere has to get off on this.)
  • Healin' Good Pretty Cure (This one is hilariously about fighting viruses and other diseases, so there are probably a few Corona memes out there. Ending's pretty catchy, and one of the Cures has a weird petticoat that looks like she's wearing diapers)

And I hope that green isn't your favorite waifu color. I think there are at most 3 green Cures in the entire franchise.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Sieg Zeon

Post by Sieg Zeon » Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:01 am

That is a lot to take in. Granted that’s how I felt before getting into gundam, sentai, and kamen rider so I could probably give the original series a shot and see how I like it. Good music too.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:56 pm

Excellent choice. Welcome onboard the Cure Cruise.
-Yours Truly

Sieg Zeon

Post by Sieg Zeon » Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:07 pm

I’m honored to be aboard, sieg zeon and the glory of moe.

So has anyone else been watching Halloween specials or am I in the minority of those who try to enjoy the holiday still?