Retro Games

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.

Re: Retro Games

Post by Guest » Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:23 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:27 pm
MGS2 and MGS4 are the perfect case studies for why Kojima should always have people editing his shit. MGS2 was one long "fuck you" to people who enjoyed MGS1 and MGS4 was both a "fuck you" to old fans and kojima's attempt to tie absolutely everything together in the dumbest, most anime way possible.

MGS3 came after the massive backlash against Raiden in MGS2. MGSV came after cutscene overload backlash in MGS4. MGSV obviously has problems as a result of being unfinished and Kojima having too much say on the retarded characters (Quiet), but the gameplay is some of the best in the series.

But at the end of the day, Chaos Theory is still a better MGS game than every other MGS game except maybe 3.

I don't get why Kojima has such a huge following. Some of the ideas he deals with are interesting (memes! controlling online information!) but they're hidden in a sea of angry shit. I realized he was an asshole when it came out he made an hour-long cutscene in MGS4 just to spite people who complained about all the cutscenes in earlier games.

Quiet is bae, though, and spawned an epic 3D horse movie.

Post by Guest » Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:25 pm

mad bum wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:41 am
Weird way of saying twin snakes. The hein d cutscene alone makes it kino.
Weird way of saying Ghost Babel.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:27 pm

Kojima is a massive bitch and has been for ages. He's that guy who belches in your face and gets mad when you look disgusted. "Oh, you thought THAT was annoying??? You didn't like that?"

*proceeds to pull down pants, stand on a table, point his ass at your face and let a massive fart rip*

He should have had his ass beat ages ago so he'd learn a little humility. Of all the people Konami did dirty, I care the least about them fucking him over. Splinter Cell came out one year after MGS2 and was already making improvements to the stealth game formula that it would take Kojima until METAL GEAR SOLID FUCKING FOUR to implement.
SpoilerShow
Namely:

-moving while crouched
-quick nvg/vision mode access on dedicated buttons [STILL NOT FIXED IN MGS]
-nonlethal takedown with one button press (dedicated button for lethal and another for nonlethal takedowns)
-dedicated mantling inputs
-all weapons make some noise (no more tranq spam) [STILL NOT FIXED IN MGS]
-light/darkness meter and noise tracker
Ghost Babel is a better game than MGS2
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:36 pm

Personality cult. Gaymers, being the fucking cattle they are, flock to poor Kojima that got fucked by Konami. Totally ignoring that he would drop vidya in a heartbeat to be a Pedowood faggot if he could. And it's not for a lack of trying.
Go read his new studio's company goal statement for a good laugh.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:34 am

Dude tries so hard to make movies instead of games, I can see several hacks flocking to him to celebrate "muh games as cinematic art".
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:18 pm

MGS3 also has THIS problem:

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/91 ... r/43690163

Not fixed in the hd edition. The game saves very infrequently and there is NO way to force a save. You can codec call to "save game" but all that does is save the last NEW area you entered. Areas can be an hour long or longer. I recently lost my fucking Croc Cap thanks to this bullshit. I never even considered that my save hadn't saved and the game would take away my croc cap. Now I'm so far into the game that I'd have to restart the entire thing.

People can say "that's so you won't save scum! Just git gud!" But how is a game taking items out of my inventory after I hit "save" an example of good design?
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

CuckTurdginson

Post by CuckTurdginson » Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:22 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:27 pm
MGS2 and MGS4 are the perfect case studies for why Kojima should always have people editing his shit. MGS2 was one long "fuck you" to people who enjoyed MGS1 and MGS4 was both a "fuck you" to old fans and kojima's attempt to tie absolutely everything together in the dumbest, most anime way possible.

MGS3 came after the massive backlash against Raiden in MGS2. MGSV came after cutscene overload backlash in MGS4. MGSV obviously has problems as a result of being unfinished and Kojima having too much say on the retarded characters (Quiet), but the gameplay is some of the best in the series.

But at the end of the day, Chaos Theory is still a better MGS game than every other MGS game except maybe 3.

OG MGS1 is a banger fggt
ebin namefag wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:06 am
I don't know when they divorced I just know that it's Brad's fault.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:44 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:18 pm
People can say "that's so you won't save scum! Just git gud!" But how is a game taking items out of my inventory after I hit "save" an example of good design?
You see, the great Kojima was inspired by survival horror titles like Eternal Darkness, adding a bit of uncertainty in order to slowly fill the player with dread.

Was my progress saved?
Is my progress even saved?
Does saving work at all?
What does "saving" even mean in the context of this game, besides summoning the voice of a movie-obsessed femcel for an awkward conversation?
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Sieg Zeon

Post by Sieg Zeon » Sun Oct 11, 2020 1:46 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:27 pm
Kojima is a massive bitch and has been for ages. He's that guy who belches in your face and gets mad when you look disgusted. "Oh, you thought THAT was annoying??? You didn't like that?"

*proceeds to pull down pants, stand on a table, point his ass at your face and let a massive fart rip*

He should have had his ass beat ages ago so he'd learn a little humility. Of all the people Konami did dirty, I care the least about them fucking him over. Splinter Cell came out one year after MGS2 and was already making improvements to the stealth game formula that it would take Kojima until METAL GEAR SOLID FUCKING FOUR to implement.
SpoilerShow
Namely:

-moving while crouched
-quick nvg/vision mode access on dedicated buttons [STILL NOT FIXED IN MGS]
-nonlethal takedown with one button press (dedicated button for lethal and another for nonlethal takedowns)
-dedicated mantling inputs
-all weapons make some noise (no more tranq spam) [STILL NOT FIXED IN MGS]
-light/darkness meter and noise tracker
Ghost Babel is a better game than MGS2
Was that how his last meeting with Konami went down? :lol:

Thanks for the save tip about Snake Eater. I played it years ago and missed some items despite having a very detailed guide, now I know why.

Newhalf

Post by Newhalf » Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:16 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:44 pm

You see, the great Kojima was inspired by survival horror titles like Eternal Darkness, adding a bit of uncertainty in order to slowly fill the player with dread.
Don't you bring Eternal Darkness in with this Kojumbo crap! I would marry this game if my tism ever reached Chris Chan levels.

Also that saving system seems almost as bad as Dead Space 3, my personal gold standard for worst save system.
It lets you save at any time but that will only be for your inventory. This also happens automatically at times, so progress saving is hard to identify and happens only when the stars are right, and NEVER during, before or after side missions.
It's a trap!