Deals and Freebies

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Deals and Freebies

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:07 am

Me, too. Pretty funny how someone could run HoMM so hard into the ground that Russians have to make their own (superior) fork :lol:

And more on Iratus:
Vidja SpergShow
It is similar to Darkest Dungeon due to having turn-based 4-vs-4 fights where certain skills can only be used from certain positions and may or may not cause you to move around.

The dungeon-crawling takes place in one megadungeon of sorts where you have to select which paths to follow. There is no backtracking, so it's "Vorwärts immer, rückwärts nimmer" like in East Germany. It's a bit more lenient compared to Darkest Dungeon since combat encounters are visible on the map far in advance, and you can basically go back to HQ after each fight.

While your dudes in Darkest Dungeon had to deal with stress damage, now it's your turn to dish out stress damage. Just about every class has at least one stress attack, and some units like the Banshee can only deal stress damage.
Similar to Darkest Dungeon, sufficient stress damage can cause a target to go apeshit or just straight-up die of fright.

It's a bit annoying that you can't unequip your duds, but then again just about all the equipment is what your undead dude is made out of. There's also a luzly feature where you unit's level is stored in its brain. Due to being able to unequip anything you can sadly not do brain transplants (afaik), but pre-leveld brains can drop as loot and are a good way to bring fresh units up to the current challenge level.

I always like undead in video games that do things a bit differently, and the best example here are probably zombies who are brick shithouses armed with guns and a hand cannon.
I'm also surprised that skellymen are pretty versatile: They can play bodyguard, buff armor and 2 very useful attacks (one ignores armor, while the other is a multi-hit attack that gains extra hits for each buff your target has on himself.)

There's also some Rogue Lite elements similar to FTL or Into The Breach that you keep your unlock progess for classes between each playthrough.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Moe Bitches
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Moe Bitches » Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:53 pm

da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:06 am
Shit like this is why satire is dead in currentyear.

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:55 pm

Not even free.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Moe Bitches
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Moe Bitches » Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:16 pm

Sonic 2 is free on Steam. Now just as an heads up, it's not the Whithead port. For some dumb reason, the remastered Sonic 1 and 2 ports aren't on Steam. Only Sonic CD has the Whithead port.

Also currently you'll get a site error but it runs through until the 16th iirc.
da PAC Nigguh wrote:

Post by Guest » Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:20 pm

>a free (paid) genesis game on an emulator
wooooo....

Moe Bitches
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Moe Bitches » Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:33 pm

Yeah I know. While I already have Kega Fusion and roms, I guess it's for people who just want an extra game in their library.

Edit: Upon further inspection, it has input lag. In a Sonic game. It is also part of that bloated Mega Drive classics shit. I thought it was separate. And it's 512 mbs.
da PAC Nigguh wrote:

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:24 pm

I assume most of those mbs are the manual :lol:
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Pen Pal

Post by Pen Pal » Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:57 pm

You can get NiGHTS into Dreams on Steam for free if you link your Steam account to the Sega website.
https://www.sega60th.com/

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:02 pm

I don't think saving 7,99€ is worth having your Steam account be forever tied to Sega.
-Yours Truly

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:36 pm

Remember it's genesis.

SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]