Books

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Dehbashi

Re: Books

Post by Dehbashi » Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:00 am

I am putting this here because it has to do with Charles Dickens. His sister got all the advantages and failed while he became one of the most known writers in history. :lol:

Post by Guest » Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:10 pm

She got a statue, though.

What's the moral here, incels, give all your money and effort to the tard in the family?

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:43 pm

... and no one cares. She's only remembered because she was "The Sister of Charles Dickens".
Is Spoony dead yet?

Post by Guest » Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:07 pm

da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:43 pm
... and no one cares. She's only remembered because she was "The Sister of Charles Dickens".
>implying she's remembered at all
Call me a tard but I'll admit I never knew Charles Dickings even had a sister.

Post by Guest » Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:15 pm

Guest wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:10 pm
She got a statue, though.
Because Kikeflix paid to have one made. Probably to launder all the money they got from parents selling their children to them for their paedophile rings.
Guest wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:07 pm
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:43 pm
>implying she's remembered at all
Call me a tard but I'll admit I never knew Charles Dickings even had a sister.
No one did because no one cares. The kikes are trying to make a 'muh womxn are marginalised in society' point but where the point falls down is that Dickens' sister apparently did nothing with her gifts and certainly nothing to compare to her brother whose novels helped define the canon of English literature.

Cuckara

Post by Cuckara » Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:26 pm

Charles's life is the classic story of a man working through adversity and ultimately achieving something through his hard work and dedication. By contrast, his sister was spoiled by their parents and ultimately didn't do anything important. Putting up a statue of her to make some kind of point about "muh sexism" is total bullshit since she had everything handed to her and didn't do anything worth mentioning, whereas Charles had to struggle and he wrote some of the most important novels of the 19th century.

Post by Guest » Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:39 pm

She did actually do one thing somewhat worth mentioning. Dickens based Tiny Tim on his nephew, her son, who was a weak and sickly boy who died not long after she did.

Post by Guest » Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:42 pm

Women can't even make children right. They're useless.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:03 pm

Guest wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:15 pm
No one did because no one cares. The kikes are trying to make a 'muh womxn are marginalised in society' point but where the point falls down is that Dickens' sister apparently did nothing with her gifts and certainly nothing to compare to her brother whose novels helped define the canon of English literature.
I like how they're basically pulling a captain Marvel Captain and FemThor by having those stronk women ride off the coat tails of men.

"Hey, remember [Famous Man of History]?!", they like to say. "Did you know he had a sister / wife who was even more awesome / did all of the actual work?!"
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:45 pm

I just finished "The Man Who Solved the Market" and it was both irritating and terrifying. Essentially, all this shit about lefties being made up of troons and millennials with degrees in gender studies isn't true. The financial market almost entirely consists of hardcore communists who are physicists, math geniuses, and other brilliant minds committed to making as much money as possible so they can give it away to democrat politicians.

About sixty pages from the end, the books goes from talking about finance to bashing Drumph for being an alt-right Nazi who won't disavow! Reeee! One guy in the financial industry is Republican and gives to the 2016 campaign. He gets found out and is forced out of his job as the head of his company.

The book literally ends with an elderly billionaire lefty addressing a group of MIT students who jeer Drumph and get advice to follow George Soros. I shit you not.

https://www.amazon.com/Man-Who-Solved-M ... 073521798X