Capeshit thread (comics and movies)

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.

Re: Capeshit thread (comics and movies)

Post by Guest » Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:38 pm

CuckTurdginson wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:00 am
Black Widow delayed to 2021 - no MCU this year!
Has Corona Chan slain the dragon? We shall see
Hollywood may worship Chine dollas but they're still American. When the election is over and the wuflu hysteria stops being useful they'll get movies back in theaters pretty quick.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:45 pm

Guest wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:08 am
Doc about the best Batman.
But... that's not Adam West.
CuckTurdginson wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:00 am
Black Widow delayed to 2021 - no MCU this year!
Has Corona Chan slain the dragon? We shall see
Things have gotten a bit quiet after Endgay, haven't they?
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:05 pm

Dude, you're being autistic about this. It happened. I remember it happening as it was going on and we were all superbly pissed.
https://dcau.fandom.com/wiki/Bat-embargo
お前はもう死んでいる。

Dehbashi

Post by Dehbashi » Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:56 pm

I know about the Bat Embargo. No one denies that and how gay that was. :lol: The timeline actually makes sense regarding everything with Batman. I am just saying I don't think Aquaman had the same problem.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:04 pm

Which is extra funny 'cause nobody cares about Aquaman outside of fish jokes.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Moe Bitches
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Moe Bitches » Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:08 pm

*Insert Seaman and Swallow (come) here*
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:06 am
Shit like this is why satire is dead in currentyear.

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:14 pm

Dehbashi wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:56 pm
I know about the Bat Embargo. No one denies that and how gay that was. :lol: The timeline actually makes sense regarding everything with Batman. I am just saying I don't think Aquaman had the same problem.
OK, then skip towards the bottom of the article when they talk about Aquaman.
These comics embargos never make any sense, dude. That's why people get so pissed off about them. They're started by assholes in business suits, probably jealous that the cartoon folks are making better content than their live-action dogshit.
お前はもう死んでいる。

Dehbashi

Post by Dehbashi » Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:13 am

Oh I agree the embargos sucked ass.

But I don't generally read wikis for accuracy. Read the part about Wonder Woman for example and how wrong that is. Especially the speculation of Joss Whedon working on the Wonder Woman script as why they had trouble with getting Wonder Woman on screen. The problem was that was in 2006. Timm takes about the issues according to that in bringing her to Justice League which would be about 2001-2002. It's not talked about here but Paul Dini said this problem first started in Batman Beyond for the multi-part episode "The Call". Instead of Big Barda, it was supposed to be Wonder Woman but they couldn't do to legal issues like what happened to Timm. He didn't say what it was but that means something else caused it.

The main thing I hate about the embargos is that because of it people think anytime the shows couldn't use something it must have been due to DC wanting to use it elsewhere even though that isn't accurate. Examples of what I am talking about is DCAU couldn't use the Justice Society since WB said no they weren't allowed to use them for the fuck of it so they created the Justice Guild in place. I definitely doubt DC was making another Justice Society media at that time. Or how they couldn't use Legion of Doom and used Secret Society because higher up at DC thought the name sounded stupid.

So yeah. I will always doubt that Black Manta wasn't allowed due to the CW show.

Post by Guest » Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:26 am

Dehbashi wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:13 am
But I don't generally read wikis for accuracy.
Sensible, but the Wonder Woman comment was sourced and Bruce Timm has talked about the embargo and its arbitrariness many times.
Dehbashi wrote:
Read the part about Wonder Woman for example and how wrong that is. Especially the speculation of Joss Whedon working on the Wonder Woman script as why they had trouble with getting Wonder Woman on screen. The problem was that was in 2006. Timm takes about the issues according to that in bringing her to Justice League which would be about 2001-2002.
You do realise that a lot of these projects take years to develop? If they develop at all? Warners have been trying to develop a Wonder Woman film since 1996.
Dehbashi wrote:
So yeah. I will always doubt that Black Manta wasn't allowed due to the CW show.
Even though the people who worked on the show actually came out and said that was, in fact, the case?

The Jew is right, you are being intensely autistic.

Post by Guest » Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:41 am

The Fox Kid's Spider-Man cartoon in the 90s wasn't allowed to use The Sandman because of the James Cameron Spider-man film that was being planned. That ended up turning in to the Raimi movie and Sandman didn't even appear until the third one. You can't use the release dates of these movies as evidence of embargos not being real.