Soystation 5 General

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Soystation 5 General

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:10 pm

Guest wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:05 pm
How did Sony make four consoles in a row and none of them have games?
They all have soy.
Is Spoony dead yet?

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:41 pm

Guest wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:05 pm
How did Sony make four consoles in a row and none of them have games?
Ancient German proverb: Good salesman can sell fridge to Inuit.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Salmonella

Post by Salmonella » Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:51 pm

Am I the only one who isn't that interested in next generation stuff?

Current generation was pretty bland. Most of the big games were either rehashes of the same old shit or stuff to appeal to ADHD zoomers. At this point I'd rather replay something I know I'll enjoy than pay $60-70 for something that I'm probably going to have to force myself to finish. Either I've outgrown vidya or its become stagnate.

Post by Guest » Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:57 pm

Salmonella wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:51 pm
Either I've outgrown vidya or its become stagnate.
In my case it's both. I've lost interst in almost all forms of entertainment I enjoyed as a youf but all those mediums also went to shit by themselves.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:05 pm

Salmonella wrote:

Current generation was pretty bland. Most of the big games were either rehashes of the same old shit or stuff to appeal to ADHD zoomers. At this point I'd rather replay something I know I'll enjoy than pay $60-70 for something that I'm probably going to have to force myself to finish. Either I've outgrown vidya or its become stagnate.
What makes you think this next generation will be different?
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:14 pm

Salmonella wrote:

This entire generation has been one big HD 4k 60fps re-release. Almost nothing good came out for the entire run. Bloodborne is STILL the primary system seller for PissFour. Most of the good gaming franchises died during the 360/ps3 era or right before. MGS4 was on piss3 (and taking the piss as well). All the hd silent hills were shit. Racing games other than Forza all died off. Yakuza became a massive snoozefest around the time of Yakuza 6, and Judgment was even worse. But most of the Yakuza releases during the ps4 era were fucking lazy remakes anyway. Of games that didn't need to BE remade, like Yakuza 3 and 4. Yakuza Kiwami was kind of terrible, actually. Extremely unbalanced and felt overly stat-happy/grind-happy compared to previous entries (which says a lot!)

Flying games died. Ass Combat only had one release which took forever to come out. Compare with loads of flying games in the piss2 era.

Beat em ups have been fucking dead. Sega want visual novels now with light combat elements. The like of God Hand has not been seen since its release.

Shooters? You can search high and low, but you'll not find anything with better gameplay than Gears 3. Spec Ops was ok. But again, that's all previous gen. This gen gave us division 2, which was mediocre as fuck and ubishitted to hell with online garbage. And Last of Cucks 2: Ultra Walking Sim Hyper Tranny Edition. At least ubisoft games have gameplay I guess, which is more than can be said for all the walking sims that bill themselves as third person action.

Platformers there are none unless you pay $80-100 to mad bum for the latest bing bing wahoo at scalped prices.

Stealth games are more dead than Spoony's reviewing career. The BAD Splinter Cell games came out in the 360 generation. Now we've moved from bad games to nogames.

FPS games? I hope you like NuDoom! And Wokenstein!

Souls games? Oh, well you have your fucking pick of those. Most of them bad or mediocre.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Salmonella

Post by Salmonella » Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:31 pm

Almost the entire generation just felt half assed to me. Yeah I was excited for stuff like Arkham Knight and Fallout 4, then I played them and they were just alright and their predecessors were better in many cases. They dumbed down Fallout, they turned Batman into a car combat game, They made RDR tedious, they've even somehow made sports games worse just by removing features. Witcher 3 and Titanfall 2 was the only two games that wowed me. Witcher 3 wasn't revolutionary or anything, its just the apex of the open world RPG formula. Titanfall 2 felt like an actual evolution in first person shooters, or at the least the creators had fun ideas outside of just pointing and shooting like in Halo or Call of Duty.

It really just feels like gaming has plateaued for what I want it to be. I want to just chill out alone and escape into a different world for a while. They're more concerned with milking their paypigs with microtransactions than they are making something my demographic would enjoy.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:59 pm

If anything, it has been kinda fun seeing the deaths (or at least increasing irrelevancy) of so many AAA franchises, with nothing really to fill the void except more garbage.
-Yours Truly

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:42 pm

>excited for Fallout 4
>ever getting excited for a Todd Howard product

It's your own damn fault. Anyway, the PS3 generation was very mediocre at best, and the PS4 is closing its lifecycle and still has no games, so much so I never even bothered to buy one. Next generation will be the same thing, only worse, and more expensive. Fuck that.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:41 pm

The gimmick being upscaled 4k, likely the most pointless and least gameplay-affecting gimmick ever, has really made the generation boring as hell.
Why try when that's all you have to do?
PC isn't any more exciting, really. Raytracing is the only new thing. Better lighting in an era where lighting is already pretty much figured out. Wow! It's fucking nothing!

I'm not saying that gimmicky shit is required. Motion controls have been painful and VR is stuck in an infantile state with the motion sickness problem being a wall. But I don't see any effort in terms of new IPs either.
Remember when EA was suddenly making new ones that became bestsellers? I guess that's too risky these days for some of the richest entertainment companies ever.

I'm just waiting for Disney to start buying the big ones and make everything even more bland. I can't wait for a crash.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!