Capeshit thread (comics and movies)

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.

Re: Capeshit thread (comics and movies)

Post by Guest » Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:18 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:52 pm
Ah, I see I'm not the only one who watchted it.
Guest wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:35 pm
It's kind of like comparing Iron Liz to Kim Justice's "girlfriend".
Except Liz is actually hot compared to that shaved Neanderthal.
Yes, that was the point (although I would never use the word "hot" to describe Iron Liz). Liz seems only seems relatively normal compared to other trannies. The CW Flash only seems acceptable compared to the movie version. The Flash from the 90s TV show (both the actor and his costume) are way better than the modern ones.

Post by Guest » Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:22 am

The aborted Aquaman TV show definitely impacted the Justice League / JLU cartoon. The cartoon was not allowed to use Black Manta and had to create their own similar character called Devil Ray.

Post by Guest » Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:10 pm

Guest from an alternate timeline wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:22 am
Imagine living in the timeline where Aquaman not only got a real honest to god movie but also a tv show!

Lulz.

Why the fuck are there so many Germans on here?

Dehbashi

Post by Dehbashi » Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:57 pm

Guest wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:22 am
The aborted Aquaman TV show definitely impacted the Justice League / JLU cartoon. The cartoon was not allowed to use Black Manta and had to create their own similar character called Devil Ray.
Now looking into it I doubt that is what happened. JLU ended on May 13 2006 while the pilot of the Aquaman TV show started filming in March 2006. While Aquaman's appearance in Smallville was October 2005, Devil Ray's first appearance was in September 2005. Even from a pre-production standpoint it makes no sense. I know the DCAU wiki said that Dwayne Mcduffie said that but I think he is wrong by that timeline. What more likely happened is that Warner Bros said no just because like the Justice Society of America which DCAU created the Justice Guild as replacements.

Post by Guest » Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:08 am

Doc about the best Batman.

Post by Guest » Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:47 am

Dehbashi wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:57 pm
>all that shit
>get told by multiple people that Aquaman and related characters were excluded because of other projects
>find comments from one of the producers, who was there at the time, saying that Aquaman and related characters were excluded because of other projects
>still argue that Aquaman and related characters couldn't have possibly been excluded because of other projects

CuckTurdginson

Post by CuckTurdginson » Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:00 am

Black Widow delayed to 2021 - no MCU this year!
Has Corona Chan slain the dragon? We shall see
ebin namefag wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:06 am
I don't know when they divorced I just know that it's Brad's fault.

Post by Guest » Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:07 am

CuckTurdginson wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:00 am
Black Widow delayed to 2021 - no MCU this year!
Has Corona Chan slain the dragon? We shall see
MovieBob on suicide watch

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:26 am

And nothing of value was lost.

Dehbashi

Post by Dehbashi » Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:32 pm

Guest wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:47 am
Dehbashi wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:57 pm
>all that shit
>get told by multiple people that Aquaman and related characters were excluded because of other projects
>find comments from one of the producers, who was there at the time, saying that Aquaman and related characters were excluded because of other projects
>still argue that Aquaman and related characters couldn't have possibly been excluded because of other projects
Yeah I will fight this because it doesn't make sense. :lol: I am not accusing McDuffie of being a liar just he got confused on some things. Just as they said that the DCAU runs on Peanuts time and have no set dates but you see specific dates throughout the DCAU.

I pointed out how Devil Ray appeared on TV even prior to the Smallville episode even. And I doubt they would be planning the spin off even before the Smallville episode.

The only way it may have happened is if the production to the Smallville episode took way longer than the production to the Devil Ray episode.

That's the only way I would accept this story.