Great meals you just had

Shitpost central. Also known as the Ratfuck and Mucha containment board.
rabidtictac

Re: Great meals you just had

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:55 pm

Yeah, that moment when you realize you can cook some shit better than your parents is pretty sick.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

ban

Post by ban » Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:08 pm

I'm not sure I'm there yet as I still can't cook hamburgers, hamburg steaks or meatballs worth a shit yet, nor I can pretend that I can cook some classic greek recipes as good as my parents(and they claim they suck at it) but the food I want, I can definitely cook infinitely better. I even managed to cook a pizza(Focaccia) on my own and I was very pleased despite it being hell to do and prepare.

Maybe I'm just shit with ground beef? The again, I can cook a wicked Pastitsio :

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pastitsio

and actually make it look far better than the images and make it taste infinitely beter. And of course, fucking Kikepedia is wrong about Pastitsio and Cyprus, since they call that "Oven Baked Pasta" and for them "Pastitsio" is a different thing, a sweet made from fruit and it comes from italian tradition(as the cypriots mainly have adopted italian traditions due to them being under their rule for so long after Lionheart and before Queen Victoria...or was it the Georges that got Cyprus back?).
Assiman wrote:You know who else is never wrong? Ban.
poonoo wrote:You just got ban'd!
He warned youShow

MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

Post by MegaNigger » Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:42 pm

ban wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 7:36 pm
Cooking isn't hard once you get it and the whole shabang clicks with you. You can do whatever you want and have fun with it since you know what your flavour is. But dear god, just fuck doing the dishes afterwards. That always sours my mood.

I kinda miss not cooking since I've been stuck at my paent's house due to Kung Coof(like most people I suppose), I miss making my special pork Schnitzel sandwich with my honey-pepper sauce.
No. I stuffed my parents into an old folks home the first chance I had and took the house for myself.
-The user formerly known as CIANigger

ban

Post by ban » Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:05 pm

Yeah I forget that you're one of the few that far older than me. My folks aren't close to being eligible to being stuck in a home and my apartment at Mitilini isn't exactly great to stay that period, what with all the lockdowns happening this period + the Turks trying to elongate their diseased, rotten abomination of a dick in order to fuck us over, starting from the islands with their time tested methods of "our ships totally belong in THESE waters" and "we don't send coronavirus-infecting refugees, GREECE TOTALLY DOES IT FOR BIOLOGICAL WAR" :lol:
Assiman wrote:You know who else is never wrong? Ban.
poonoo wrote:You just got ban'd!
He warned youShow

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:34 pm

ban wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:08 pm
Maybe I'm just shit with ground beef? The again, I can cook a wicked Pastitsio :

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pastitsio
So that's how that stuff is called. Had something like that a few years ago :thinking:
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:57 am

Hamburgers are super easy.
Lean minced beef, egg yolk, Worcestershire sauce, Dijon mustard, salt & pepper and some bread in crumbs.
500g of beef usually goes with two egg yolks, three table spoons of WS and one TS of mustard.
Gordon Ramsey recipe. WS can be substituted with soy sauce but I wouldn't recommend it.
Never get Worster sauce; always get WorsterSHIRE sauce. The latter is the real deal that is brewed, the former is an imitation. As for Dijon, get regular smooth with no honey.
Give it a try and give me feedback.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:51 am

I like to cook ground turkey. I have a system for it that I'm using now. Problem with ground turkey vs ground beef is ground turkey lacks firmness and body. So I season it, throw it in the pan. As it cooks, it builds up liquid that I pour off. I leave a bit in the pan and at the end, when the meat is done, I fry the last bit of liquid off. The liquid evaporates and the meat gets a nice sear and a bit of a coating from the liquid. The liquid being comprised mainly of the seasonings and water. End result is the meat being seared a bit at the end gives it some firmness, so it isn't mushy or too crumbly.

I'm not a great chef by any means, but cooking is fun and it's easy to find lazy recipes. I'm a big fan of cooking with vinegars.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:42 am

On account of frying poultry, my grandmother used to grind and fry cooked chicken. They had a farm so when a chicken gets too old you slaughter it and make soup. But since it's old the meat isn't tender. So after cooking you mince it, season it with salt and pepper and fry it. It gets crisp on the outside when fried.
There's no problem with liquid as it's dry after boiling.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:55 am

ban wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:08 pm
I'm not sure I'm there yet as I still can't cook hamburgers, hamburg steaks or meatballs worth a shit yet
How? That stuff is easy to do.

Post by Guest » Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:10 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:57 am
Hamburgers are super easy.
Lean minced beef, egg yolk, Worcestershire sauce, Dijon mustard, salt & pepper and some bread in crumbs.
You don't need bread crumbs for a Burger. It's filler. I'd argue you don't need egg yolk either, but a lot of people use it