Spoony the Pussy One: Life is in the Render Queue

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about

Re: Spoony the Pussy One: Life is in the Render Queue

Post by Guest » Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:00 am

Guest wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:39 pm
I've been in a major funk lately, over much of the same stuff that's been bothering me for a year. I failed at graduate school and since then I've been in a total slump. It's been two years and I can't find a job. I can't even get an interview anymore, and it's getting to the point where I'm becoming a serious burden to everyone involved in my life. And I know this. I'm feeling like a real loser, and living at home at the age of 26 with no steady work and no bright prospects in sight pretty much confirms it.

My creative output has been slow and relatively poor lately, and I'll be the first to admit that. I can't seem to get a grip on my own life. I can't find work, I can't get out of this house, and not to put too fine a point on it, If I told you how long it's been since I've touched a woman that wasn't Wes' mother it'd make you fucking weep.

I don't know. Somewhere along the line I got this stupid thought that maybe this writing reviews about goofy movies thing would pay off somehow. I tried pitching myself to magazines and getting a steady editorial job. I think I really deluded myself into thinking this was anything but a hobby and nothing would ever really come of it. The only job I have right now is at Kenzer & Company as a freelancer that nets me $55 a month, and that's only until Dave finds someone to replace me, and according to his criteria, I don't think that'll be too hard. So now I'm sitting on a website without much of a future and a negative income, a pile of game reviews, and a bunch of magazine articles that don't amount to anything. I have fans, and friends here. I'm not minimizing that. I love you guys, and I don't expect a thing out of you. But fans don't get me an apartment, and they don't send me paychecks. And so far the female Spoony groupies ain't battering down my door.

So here I am. I have a stagnant Computer Science degree, a bad resume, no work experience to speak of, and a highly caustic personality. I spent so much time trying to land a job I'd like, I can't even get a job that I hate. (Apparently there's no market for angry movie critics who bitch about twenty year old NES games) And now I'm whining about it like a fucking emo to you guys about it. I'm really at the end of my rope here. I'm not sure what to do anymore.
Dated 2007-03-22

Original link to his old live journal: https://spoonyone.livejournal.com/?skip=100

Thought I’d post this only because I found it fascinating. At this point it’s not funny, or even unbelievable anymore. It’s just sad. Kinda pathetically sad. Poetry rhyming doesn’t even factor into this. There is no repeating pattern. He never left 2007 and we’re just staring into some fucked up break in space-time.
Holy shit, live journal is a clunky mess.

Post by Guest » Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:02 am

Your online catalogue is, in a single word, TERRIBLE. I have no idea what you've done to make searching for a book so mind-bogglingly complicated, but it simply does not function correctly AT ALL. I can't find even the simplest books easily, even when I provide the exact author, exact title, or keywords of any kind. Try searching for "Time Machine" and tell me if the book by H.G. Wells-- one of the most famous books ever written, and 99 times out of a hundred the book people MEAN when they type the words "Time Machine"-- it isn't even on the first page of results. How can I type the words "Time Machine" and not get an exact match for a book CALLED "The Time Machine?" Good LORD, I could code a better search engine with a diarrhoetic moose actively crapping on my face. Programming this shoddy is inexcusable. I wouldn't even expect coding this bad out of frigging NASA.

https://spoonyone.livejournal.com/?skip=110

A 2007 email to the Mesa Library. Makes me wonder how many hard Nintendo Nerd wannabes people had to put up with back then.

Post by Guest » Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:03 am

Cuckara wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:26 pm
Last I checked, she had recently returned to YouTube as a centrist, and guys like Paul Joseph Watson were melting down over her abandoning some of her old right-wing views. Basically, she did what every "skeptic" inevitably does; a total 180 on some key viewpoints because those viewpoints are no longer profitable.
Faith Goldy's the real waifu anyway.

Those shorts tho.

Complicity

Post by Complicity » Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:04 am

Moe Bitches wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:24 am
That was so edgy I could hear NIN in the distance.
NIN are for basic bitches like Sarah Wilson.
Skinny Puppy are were the real deal

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:04 am

In all seriousness, that's kinda weak. I'll take NIN any day over that crap. And I listen to the most unknown indie stuff that's out there (something I've noticed, Spotify started suggesting to me some of the most unknown stuff that I just happen to like).

Passable, but if I want some industrial stuff, I can just listen to the Fragile album. Kidneythieves are pretty good too.

Blessed are the shitposters, for they will be called children of the Sperg.

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:05 pm

Try searching for "Time Machine" and tell me if the book by H.G. Wells-- one of the most famous books ever written, and 99 times out of a hundred the book people MEAN when they type the words "Time Machine"-- it isn't even on the first page of results.
Gee, you fucking useless poser sack of shit, I wonder why the book written by WELLS, H. G. wouldn't come up on top of a basic search for book title. Oh wait, unlike you, I actually know how programming and basic logic works, so I can immediately recognize that the book search is almost certainly ORDERED BY AUTHOR. Which make a sense for a seArch function for a LIBRARY CATALOG, because they're not trying to sell you the most popular book on the shelves, who why the fuck would they waste time and effort cataloging "relevance" of book titles and authors?

College was completely wasted on this fucking bloated pustule, alongside oxygen, food, clothing, and shelter.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:12 pm

This would be extra funny if the online cataologue actually did have a way to sort shit.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:50 pm

You can absolutely search by TITLE. Search TITLE "the time machine" and it should pop up on the first page. Faggot.

Don't search KEYWORD if you don't want KEYWORD results.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

pibbs

Post by pibbs » Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:12 am

Spoony has been radio silent for three days now. Probably busy packing.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:23 am

Probably busy being passed out, lying in a pool of vomit, urine and hard liquor.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette