Youtube

Talk about the internet itself instead of people.

Re: Youtube

Post by Guest » Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:36 pm

It's ridiculous that you have to download a special browser just to listen to noise in the background. I had a polaroid tablet years ago that automatically scanned local radio stations and let you stream them while surfing. Everything since has been so clunky and useless that I feel like I must have dreamt that up during a fever dream or something.

Post by Guest » Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:51 pm

Why not use Newpipe on your faplet? Don't tell me you have an I device glowniger-kun.

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:43 pm

Literal fake studies are allowed on youtube but a differing opinion is not. Get fucked Susan.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:04 am

I sometimes watch jewtube on devices where I can't adblock. The ads are out of fucking control. 2-3 15-second ads for every half hour or so of a fucking video. With that annoying-ass audio mixing where every ad IS SHOUTING LIKE THIS, BECAUSE SOME FAGGOT THOUGHT THE AUDIO FOR ADS SHOULD BE EXTRA LOUD TO GET YOUR ATTENTION!!!!

Some channels I can't even watch on youtube anymore without adblock, because there are ads constantly. By the time you start to enjoy the video, another ad pops up.

I like how the ads started out "wait 5 seconds and then click skip." Now it's 15 second unskippable for everything. Soon it'll be 30 second unskippable. Then a minute. Then fuck you, however long they want.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Post by Guest » Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:52 am

It's more like every five minutes, but I'm convinced it's 3-4 for some videos. Supposedly "creators" like the Whisper Girls can turn them off, but I've not seen it. I'm guessing it demonetizes the video if they do.

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:59 am

Fucking new version of Firefox for Android basically killed addons, except for a small list of "recommended" extensions. While it does include uBlock Origin, HTTPS Everywhere and Noscript, it killed the "playback on background" add-on that I was using to listen to YouTube videos with the screen off. That, and the fact that they ramped up SocJus shit (the "Bitch to Boss" add-on was deemed important enough to be available), I switched to Brave, which seems to be the only browser to both block ads and allow for background playback on mobile.

Useless sacks of shit. They're making the internet on mobile completely unusable while virtue signalling the shit out of themselves.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:57 pm

Mobile surfing was a mistake.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:19 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:04 am
I sometimes watch jewtube on devices where I can't adblock. The ads are out of fucking control. 2-3 15-second ads for every half hour or so of a fucking video. With that annoying-ass audio mixing where every ad IS SHOUTING LIKE THIS, BECAUSE SOME FAGGOT THOUGHT THE AUDIO FOR ADS SHOULD BE EXTRA LOUD TO GET YOUR ATTENTION!!!!

Some channels I can't even watch on youtube anymore without adblock, because there are ads constantly. By the time you start to enjoy the video, another ad pops up.

I like how the ads started out "wait 5 seconds and then click skip." Now it's 15 second unskippable for everything. Soon it'll be 30 second unskippable. Then a minute. Then fuck you, however long they want.
So YouTube is basically doing what got Lupa fired from Channel Awesome.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:28 am

Guest wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:52 am
It's more like every five minutes, but I'm convinced it's 3-4 for some videos. Supposedly "creators" like the Whisper Girls can turn them off, but I've not seen it. I'm guessing it demonetizes the video if they do.
Yeah. After I said that, I noticed that for some videos, I was getting ads every 5-10 minutes. They do that "ad in 5, 4, 3" shit and it's just constant. Constant fucking ads. I get ads on my fucking continue watching tab, for videos where I already watched an ad last time I was checking out that video.

Shit is unbearable. Some of these faggy channels are now relegated to desktop-only viewing.

https://www.socialmediatoday.com/news/y ... os/581173/

Turns out it isn't just me. YouTube is increasing ad density to try to make up lost revenue from fewer advertisers, as a result of less spending in general due to 'rona. Shitty scumfucks further decreasing quality of their product so they can fuck over everyone else and milk the remaining advertiser paypigs they have.

RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:37 pm

Now they just need to fuck with the content producers some more so everyone is equally fucked.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette