BigAl2k6, Darknessthecurse and the Rest of the Old Ranting/Commentary Community

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about

Re: BigAl2k6, Darknessthecurse and the Rest of the Old Ranting/Commentary Community

Post by Guest » Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:54 pm

Of these people, the only ones I remember being subscribed to were Darknessthecurse and (if he counts) Armake21. I saw a few of RandomDCE's videos, but I quickly got annoyed by his pretentious attitude and realized he isn't as smart as he thinks he is (I specifically remember him calling Spongebob a rip-off of Invader Zim). I decided to look through their current social media profiles to see how their doing.

Darkness and Armake seem to be doing alright for themselves. They certainly don't have the following they used to have, but they seem to be okay with it and seem pretty nice overall (it helps that they weren't really THAT bad to begin with).

DCE, on the hand, has spent the last 4 years on DeviantART whining about Marvel and occasionally DC, spouting alt-right/alt-lite talking points, and seems to think that people who complain about Trump are worse than Trump himself. The cherry on top was this appearance he made on his brother's livestream in 2017:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiNLqZdWXjU
Oh yeah, he's totally not an unhinged and unpleasant individual.

You know, for someone who hates YouTube, he probably would have gained quite a following in the mid-2010s as a rantsona, since he generally has the same viewpoints.

jumkey mones

Re: BigAl2k6, Darknessthecurse and the Rest of the Old Ranting/Commentary Community

Post by jumkey mones » Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:49 pm

Its funny i remember dce made a video claiming some really bad comicbook plot twists are far worse then the very poorly handled cancellation of megaman legends 3(which kicked off the capcom dark ages that they only recently got out of a few years ago). If he made that video today it would probably be an hour long considering how far down the looney bin the entire comic industry has gone. Hes basically the steryotype of what people think comicsgate supporters are except at least most comicsgate people have a good enough gig going for them and are actually trying to produce content. Dce couldn't even be bothered to produce youtube content to at least get some cash flowing to at least scam people out of some shekels.

Post by Guest » Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:54 am

So because of this thread, I've realized that after Emer died all the people who shat on him in Asa's video about how Emer doesn't bathe praised him and did that R and R tribute. Save for DCE, I think all of them did.
I never understood the appeal of DCE, and the way he used bad comic book plots as a justification for MVC3 being not as bad to him?

Also, I have to disagree with mumkey jones and DCE. Comics from DC and Marvel have always been crazy (and this is to DCE) or added characters to appeal to certain groups, just because you take umbrage with them now doesn't mean these problems didn't always exist and weren't always terrible. Coming from DCE, who is basically a whiny forum user who lives on someone else's dime, really makes him come off as a stereotype to be dismissed himself. You know, rather than a human being with opinions worth paying attention to.

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:24 am

Guest wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:54 am
So because of this thread, I've realized that after Emer died all the people who shat on him in Asa's video about how Emer doesn't bathe praised him and did that R and R tribute. Save for DCE, I think all of them did.
That was slimy how they all acted like they were friends with him. It's one thing to say "despite our differences with him it's still a tragedy he died. R.I.P." but to act like you were still BFFs is just a cunt move.
Also, I have to disagree with mumkey jones and DCE. Comics from DC and Marvel have always been crazy (and this is to DCE) or added characters to appeal to certain groups, just because you take umbrage with them now doesn't mean these problems didn't always exist and weren't always terrible.
Capeshit has always mostly sucked and comicsgate aren't really changing anything other than reverting comics back to where they were in 2008, but it is way worse now due to how disgustingly cynical it is. They may have been pandering back then but they were actually trying to get certain groups to buy comics and were sincere. Today though they claim they are catering to minorities and women but it's really the author stroking their dick about how great, virtuous and smart they are without giving a fuck about the person reading it. As if the reader should feel grateful for their very existence.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

Post by Guest » Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:47 am

Poonoo wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:24 am
Guest wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:54 am
That was slimy how they all acted like they were friends with him. It's one thing to say "despite our differences with him it's still a tragedy he died. R.I.P." but to act like you were still BFFs is just a cunt move.
Also, I have to disagree with mumkey jones and DCE. Comics from DC and Marvel have always been crazy (and this is to DCE) or added characters to appeal to certain groups, just because you take umbrage with them now doesn't mean these problems didn't always exist and weren't always terrible.
Capeshit has always mostly sucked and comicsgate aren't really changing anything other than reverting comics back to where they were in 2008, but it is way worse now due to how disgustingly cynical it is. They may have been pandering back then but they were actually trying to get certain groups to buy comics and were sincere. Today though they claim they are catering to minorities and women but it's really the author stroking their dick about how great, virtuous and smart they are without giving a fuck about the person reading it. As if the reader should feel grateful for their very existence.
When I saw it I genuinely was baffled, I thought they patched it up before Emer passed and they just never made note of it. You know for a dude who went out of his way to make a pretty nasty video on Emer, Asa sure did seem remorseful and never made it about like you stated, he realized that this petty drama was never really worth it or something. NO. DO A REACTION AND REVIEW IN HONOR OF HIM.

I also have to disagree again, comic books about heroes like that have been more fine than bad, but this new mindset isn't that new either. I just genuinely don't see how they've changed into some huge cynical thing. I'm sure even now some writers want to reach out to these readers, but they're still cringey and that hasn't changed.
Unless we forget about things like Hemo-Goblin or Brother Power.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:34 pm

They've poisoned the capeshit well by opening the floodgates for mentally unstable hack writers hired straight off of tumblr.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

fascistfrog

Post by fascistfrog » Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:08 pm

Yeah, the only reason comicsgate books seem not as bad is because the people the mainstream comics artists are hiring are so low quality and toxic that a mediocre frog book or gi joe clone seem like gold in comparison. Its like comicsgate is a toxic waste dump while the whole mainstream comics industry is a chain reaction of failing nucleur power plants. And people wonder why manga is doing so much better.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:03 pm

2 pictures are all you need to know why manga is doing better:
The Virgin Capeshit WaifuShow
Image(At least the white one is supposed to be cis-female.)
The Chad Manga WaifuShow
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:05 am

Maybe I'm just not as phased, but I've been reading stuff from the golden age to present and I don't really see the big deal. Same old, same old.
In relation to DCE, he posted some comic thing on his deviantart in a way to recap the month and I genuinely forgot how horrible his sense of humor, grammar, and art is.
I find it funny in the comic in question, everyone else is shouting at one another but when DCE is being shouted at, he doesn't care. James, it's okay to admit you have an opinion. You're clearly proving you do by portraying everyone else as screaming children.

rickpines

Post by rickpines » Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:41 pm

Okay, I don't want to encourage cyberbullying or anything, but there's this one guy who follows DCE's DA page who always spouts alt-right views both on his comments and on his own channel (https://www.deviantart.com/galvaemperor). The reason I bring this up is because he made a post defending Trump from those mean-old leftists after he (Trump) said that income inequality was bad. When I commented that Trump was a hypocrite for saying that (seeing as he signed a tax law that only benefited the rich), he flagged my comment as spam.

It's so pathetic.