What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: What are you playing?

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:42 am

Indeed.
And on a more positive note, I discovered that the Turn X' pilot is a huge G Fighter dork who couldn't be happier that his own rig kinda-sorta has its own Shining Finger attack :lol:
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Bobito

Post by Bobito » Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:18 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:44 am
Still playing Cross Rays. Jeebus, this thing never ends.

So it has come to my attention that Gundam 00F is basically the tale of a psychotic edgelord and his hologram catgirl waifu. Man, why do they never animate the good Gundamshit?
And I always thought explosive collars would blow your entire head off, instead of giving you a rad neck scar. Color me underwhelmed.
Yes, that manga has a more edgy version of jihad kun main character and the old generation gundams of the series that in some cases are hybrids with the normal tech of the world. I’m looking for a new laptop to finally play that game, last one I played was overworld which was good but lacked the obscure 00 units.

Post by Guest » Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:26 pm

I think most of the 00 manga had burgerclap English releases but nobody bothered to scan them. There's a lot of official Gugdumb manmgo that I cantnfind scans for in English or wapanese.

Bobito

Post by Bobito » Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:34 pm

I bought that manga and the novel adaptations of season 1 like ten years ago, but with burger Bandai out of business it became impossible to get English versions of the remaining books, specially the 5 novel adaptations of season 2.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:39 pm

5 Novels? How dense is that stuff :lol: ?
Bobito wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:18 pm
Yes, that manga has a more edgy version of jihad kun main character and the old generation gundams of the series that in some cases are hybrids with the normal tech of the world. I’m looking for a new laptop to finally play that game, last one I played was overworld which was good but lacked the obscure 00 units.
I think the only obscure one missing is the "1 Gundam", though at least they have the "1.5 Gundam".

Some 00F are rathe rinteresting in that they're prototypes in the "We're just testing if this shit actually works"-type of sense, not the classic "This bad boy is like an order of magnitude more badass than the eventual mass-production model"-type of sense that Gundam and other mecha shows use all the time. I mean, their transformer prototype's mobile suit mode is even less humanoid than a RoboTech mecha in Gerwalk mode. Dude doesn't even have arms. His beam sword just pops out of the side.

(Tough then you have the Astraea, who despite having fewer swords looks so much like the Exia that they had to paint it red.)
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Bobito

Post by Bobito » Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:48 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:39 pm
5 Novels? How dense is that stuff :lol: ?
Bobito wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:18 pm
I think the only obscure one missing is the "1 Gundam", though at least they have the "1.5 Gundam".

Some 00F are rathe rinteresting in that they're prototypes in the "We're just testing if this shit actually works"-type of sense, not the classic "This bad boy is like an order of magnitude more badass than the eventual mass-production model"-type of sense that Gundam and other mecha shows use all the time. I mean, their transformer prototype's mobile suit mode is even less humanoid than a RoboTech mecha in Gerwalk mode. Dude doesn't even have arms. His beam sword just pops out of the side.

(Tough then you have the Astraea, who despite having fewer swords looks so much like the Exia that they had to paint it red.)
Season 2 clearly could have added more info and details in some of the events that happened during both time skips, in the novels of season 1 they added a few facts to complement the series, I remember the explanation of why high command of the union granted permission to change a perfect GN-X in graham Uber flag for example.

That kyrios prototype I remember it was a that could switch between normal propulsion and GN-Drive, and of course Fon used it to troll Ali, mostly events that happen in parallel with the first season and the time skip.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:25 pm

The hybrid propulsion being used hide the GN-Drive which at that time was Gundam-exclusive.
Of of course did he troll Ali. Fon's his name, trolling's his game.
-Yours Truly

Bobito

Post by Bobito » Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:45 am

Too bad he doesn’t appear too much besides 00F, I think he briefly appear in the 00I manga but I haven’t read that one, maybe in the novel version of the movie he appears screaming “fuck off space faggots!”.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:07 am

You wouldn't care about saving the world from aliens either if you had hung out with this:
-Yours Truly

Bobito

Post by Bobito » Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:09 am

Holografic or 2d version?