What are you listening to?

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
veris leta facies

Re: What are you listening to?

Post by veris leta facies » Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:49 pm

Damn, this is one genius song. Amazing build-up and the final payoff is pure prog-bliss.
Nobue wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:15 pm

Bought this CD the other week. Pretty good. My finds that trip were cut short when one store threw me out for not wearing a mask.
Vile Nilotic Rites seems to be quite alright after couple of listenings, but not anywhere near as good as their two finest albums Those Whom the Gods Detest and Annihilation of the Wicked.
When passing through the Valley of Humiliation, slaves and dastards, exposing their sores, sob aloud for consolation and sympathy.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:38 am

Got them 'rona blues, china done got me down
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Nobue

Post by Nobue » Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:56 pm

[youtubemobile]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJS-2ka ... GeZrhlrCNc[/youtubemobile]

I like this song. Especially since E.C. looks like me with more hair.

Edit: I'm too drunk to figure out links.

Post by Guest » Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:08 am

Good luck finding music like this when the West finally falls. Too racist for jogger ears.

veris leta facies

Post by veris leta facies » Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:24 pm

OK, let's educate you ignorant yokels, here are the 3 greatest black metal tracks ever recorded:

I'd say In the Shadows of the Horns is the greatest BM track ever. The riffs are such pure evil and the final part is such black metal orgasm material it's hard to top that. Darkthrone's original version has bone-chilling vocals, Carpathian Forest increases the tempo and has cleaner production. Love these both versions.

Transilvanian Hunger is probably the purest example of the trve black metal. This is The Essence. People who complain about the production should kill themselves immediately.

Freezing Moon is considered widely one of the finest black metal tracks ever and for a good reason. It's one pretty fucking evil song, but the history of the album makes it far more sinister. The original singer Dead killed himself (just at the age of 22) before the release of the album. He sliced his wrists and shot his head with a shotgun, band's guitarist found him and took pictures of his dead body, one of them was used as a cover of their upcoming album. Before De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas was released, Varg Vikernes, the bassist of the band, killed the band's guitarist. All in all, this is one of the most evil and cvlt albums in existence. Faggots and soyboys don't get this, this is music only for real men.
When passing through the Valley of Humiliation, slaves and dastards, exposing their sores, sob aloud for consolation and sympathy.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:54 am

I'd love more elaborate posts like that!
I actually liked Darkthrone's version of Shadows of the Horns better. It may be slower but it doesn't feel that way because it's much more chaotic in the end to make up for that.
Not a big fan of Transilvanian Hunger and never will be. I'm not really into Black Metal to begin with so maybe that's the case.
Freezing Moon, I actually liked the newer version better.
Overall, Darkthrone's Shadows of the Horns sounds the best to me. I actually really enjoyed it, whereas with some others I didn't warm up to.

My favourite Black Metal song is actually Deströyer666's I am the War God

Not typical for Black Metal but then again I'm not a Black Metal kinda guy. Black Metal from Australia is already rare in itself, I guess.
I honestly don't give a fuck how trve it is as I already know it isn't. I just think it's brilliant.

I'm more of a Death Metal guy. If I'd have to come up with three important Death Metal songs right now, not claiming any objectivity, it'd be these:

The Crown - The Speed of Darkness
Not at the very tippy toppy tip of the beginnings of Death Metal but, as I find, a shining example. An awesome example of the typical example of "Death Metal = growls, Black Metal = screams" being completely false and a nice example of how both often go for unusual production values for effect while reaching wholly different goals.
Also just wonderfully angry, melodic but thoroughly brutal all throughout.

Bolt Thrower - Anti-Tank (Dead Armour)
How could I not mention this? The perfect archetype of the rumbling, steady Death Metal. A song so well-known that it's become cliché but yet so good that it's to Death what Reign in Blood is to Thrash. No need to be nonconformist here. Everyone that loves Death Metal can shout the lyrics along.

I'll have to make it four songs.

Hail of Bullets - Ordered Eastward
The faster, clearer version of Bolt Thrower, basically. Tank warfare, high speed, Brutalism as music. Melodies are there, lyrics are glorifying war, tank noises, artillery fire, high-energy. No mercy!

Amon Amarth - No Fear for the Setting Sun
I had to include at least some Melodic Death Metal. I know that Amon Amarth is a basic bitch choice but they are just pretty great. This song is a pretty good. Very melodic but from the initial "OUT! OUT!" you know it's not all just going to be some soft melody fest.
A great solo towards the end with an awesome head-banging part.
And you know what? Fuck it! the next song on the album:

The Hero
Actually my favourite song of the album. I get actual goose bumps from this. The melody, the heroism, the hate, rejection, acceptance and passion all at the same time. I fucking love this song!
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Jul 18, 2020 1:16 am

Completely unrelated. How can Tame Impala make one of the peak gayes actual 100% cuck-themed song and yet brought out a beat that is this awesome for meme shit?

There need to be more versions of this! Because, dear god, you don't understand how much of an improvement switching the original singing and lyrics is unless you've heard the original. So, I'm sorry, but you'll have to give it a little listen for context:

I hope you didn't have to throw up instantly.
She said, it's not now or never,
wait 10 years, we'll be together,
I say, better late than never,
just don't make me wait forever

I can't even fathom how much of an omega you'd have to be to come up with that shit. :lol:
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:04 am

Maybe a bit basic bitch but I know that song from a Longsword speedrun of Gore Magala in Monster Hunter 4 instead of JoJo. Not sure if that makes it better or worse. :lol:
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:20 pm

veris leta facies wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:24 pm
OK, let's educate you ignorant yokels, here are the 3 greatest black metal tracks ever recorded:
The best black metal band ever is Living Colour.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:54 am

The best black metal I can think of is black sabbath. Probably War Pigs or some shit. I don't know what people consider Paranoid to be. Early Sabbath had some of the best protest music.

My favorite Sabbath song is Planet Caravan though. Super chill stoner music.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome