Star Whores: Diverse Agenda

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Star Whores: Diverse Agenda

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:25 pm

That's one way to admit what a mistake this trilogy was.
The only way I can see such a fractured timeline to be absolutely necessary is if they are planning to replace everyone with a younger actor and/or creepy CGI. Or they pull some weird hybrid like Days of Future Past or something.
This further shows their creative bankruptcy, as they are perfectly willing to fuck up their own continuity just so they can keep referencing the original trilogy.

I also guess the usual suspects in the fandom will once again start musing about muh Mara Jade and muh Thrawn Trilogy.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:21 am

First of all, you'd have to have people who think SW needs saving in the first place. Now that Dave Filoni seems to be in charge, The Mandalorian is turning into Ahsoka & Friends, and they're doubling down on the woke in every quarter of the franchise, I doubt it.

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:02 am

It sounds too good to be true. As long as Kathleen Kennedy is still employed there, nothing is going to improve.
お前はもう死んでいる。

Tony Schiavone

Post by Tony Schiavone » Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:12 am

It'll take some work to kill off Star Wars, but if they really try they can do it within a generation.

Star Wars may eventually turn into Avatar. Some neat theme park attractions and nothing no one knows anything else about.
...and still: Spoony did nothing.

Post by Guest » Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:07 pm

Tony Schiavone wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:12 am
It'll take some work to kill off Star Wars, but if they really try they can do it within a generation.

Star Wars may eventually turn into Avatar. Some neat theme park attractions and nothing no one knows anything else about.
Until Avatar is deemed racist.

Disney is removing all the Song of the South references from Splash Mountain and replacing them with The Princess and the Frog.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:11 pm

I hope this inlcudes Friends on the Other Side.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:48 am

First Star Trek Voyager had a fake Indian advisor (to advise about Chakotay), now Star Wars has their own fake Indian.

Post by Guest » Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:05 am

She certainly looks like a fat diabetes Injun to me. Could be Mexican, though. That they can't find any family connection to the tribe is probably what's going to bring her down, but hey, live by the cancel culture die by the cancel culture.

Sieg Zeon

Post by Sieg Zeon » Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:25 am

I miss Kyle Katarn, he was like a ronin jedi. Said fuck that pacifist shit and would use sith powers in tandem with light side powers.

Post by Guest » Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:50 am

Shit, I miss that faggot Kyp Durron. Even the lamest EU character is too badass for Disney Wars.