"Cartoons"

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: "Cartoons"

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:11 am

Maybe I worded that badly. I understand what complaint is made. I don't understand why it's phrased in such a completely retarded way. That's not how memes work. It's like telling a joke where the punchline is five times longer than the joke and then explaining it on top of it.
There was no need to bring up the age of the creators, "characters and ideas that reflect this moment in time" is well too long, "anachronistic" and "from three decades ago" is redundant and "but have to allow..." makes absolutely no sense at all.
The meme is "[person/company] has [something] but desires [something else] and both things exclude each other".

Let me fix this whole mess with a meme format that actually works for this:
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:17 am

Hey, don't do their job for them :lol: !
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:11 am
Maybe I worded that badly. I understand what complaint is made. I don't understand why it's phrased in such a completely retarded way.
They are so brain-damaged by their ideology that their entire dictionary and way of writing is all fucked up.
Moe Bitches wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:45 pm
The fact that I know that's from Shin Chan.
The guy who made that is fucking dead.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Moe Bitches
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Moe Bitches » Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:39 am

Yeah he passed a couple of years ago. But I hate to admit that the Funimation dub is the one that introduced me to it. F for him and Monkey.
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:06 am
Shit like this is why satire is dead in currentyear.

Post by Guest » Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:43 am

Moe Bitches wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:17 am
Just to narrow it down, the faggots are "assmad" because the young artist who are "relevent" never get their ideas heard but Mike Judge, who also seems to have new ideas, shouldn't be able to because he's middle aged and out of touch.

And they mention that it's been brought back the second time, but it's clear that they haven't even watched the second coming. I don't even think it was as edgy as the original show. The worst they've done was that Drone episode and perhaps the body injury, but that's a staple in B&B.
"Middle aged man." Amazing. Dude's responsible for one of the defining shows of the 90s, another animated series that went 13 seasons and is beloved, two cult classic movies (Office Space, Idiocracy), as well as a more recent, and highly acclaimed, live action series... but yeah, he's literally snatching opportunity out of the grubby hands of some 20-year-old troon with a neogaf account and feminist literature degree.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:18 am

She could've made the next Steven Universe, dammit.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:37 pm

Moe Bitches wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:39 am
But I hate to admit that the Funimation dub is the one that introduced me to it. F for him and Monkey.
Don't feel bad, Moe. There's really no other way to watch it. I don't think there was ever an official subtitled version. And handful of shows and movies have been fansubbed though.
Guest wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:43 am
but yeah, he's literally snatching opportunity out of the grubby hands of some 20-year-old troon with a neogaf account and feminist literature degree.
A hypothetical young person at that. We've seen plenty of these "young" cartoons and they're all trash.
お前はもう死んでいる。

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:56 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:18 am
She could've made the next Steven Universe, dammit.
Wew, dodged a bullet right there.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Cuckara

Post by Cuckara » Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:41 pm

Based Mike Judge saving us from terrible cartoons.

ban

Post by ban » Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:10 pm

Guest wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:40 pm
Context: Phil wants people to stop posting the images of him and all the non-Black characters to point out the hypocrisy, and says it's bad for white people to play white characters and men to play female characters, but it's OK for the opposite to happen because women and blacks are minorities/underrepresented.

Note his use of the term "false equivalency" -- a term people use when they know their argument is nonsensical. You'll see this term used a lot when feminists complain about female comic book characters having "unrealistic" body types (not whales with big boobs) and wearing skin-tight outfits. In response, people will point out that the male superheroes also wear skin-tight outfits and all look like steroid-using bodybuilders, and that Namor is just wearing a Speedo and some shoes. The feminists, not wanting to admit this, will claim that this is a "false equivalency", and that the male superheroes are a "power fantasy".
Got it! Guestposting was allright after all.
Assiman wrote:You know who else is never wrong? Ban.
poonoo wrote:You just got ban'd!
He warned youShow

Post by Guest » Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:18 pm

Liar Revealed wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:05 pm
I saw this. It reminded me why I don't go to that website anymore.
I don't know all the details, but the site was at least partially started by Jerry Beck. A few years ago Beck left the site and now it's run by some guy named Amid Amidi (who's name sounds like the sound Twiki from Buck Rogers makes). Jerry Beck's new site is cartoonresearch.com.